5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!
Published 23 months ago by Linda Bille

3.0 out of 5 stars Less Awesome now.
Published 18 months ago by Leelo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, October 6, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
I love watches and tend to buy them a lot! I have watches that range from ESQ to Sturhling to Kenneth Cole. This watch is perfect. The color of the dial is striking. The watch has a dial that seems to go from black to blue in a very subtle way. The band is classic Skagen and if you have little wrists which I do, I would highly recommend this brand as the watch (and any other Skagen witha mesh band) has the ability to be adjusted right out fo the box. I have gotten more compliments on this watch than my ESQ (which has a price tag of about $250.00). It is very slim so if you are looking for a more substantial watch go with a Fossill or something like that. This is more delicate looking. If I was allowed to buy more watches I would buy a Skagen in every color! This is also a very finely made watch and for the $58.00 or so dollars, you get the quality of Skagen. When I brought my last few watches to the jeweler to get adjusted (Kenneth Cole, ESQ) he was going on and on about Skagen and how they are the only watches he likes to carry in the moderate price range because of their quality. He made a distinction between fashion watches and well made watches. He put my ESQ in the fashion watch category and Skagen in the finely made category.

Also, you cannot get a better price than Amazon. I found the same watch on Overstock, where I bought my watches before I discovered Amazon and the cost was $30.00 higher.

The only possible con is that the clasp is different (not better or worse, just different) than watches I have had in the past and took a few days to get it right. When my watch ban is lifted, I am going to buy another Skagen in brown! This is the nicest watch I have gotten so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Crafted, Elegant Design, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
I've been a big fan of Skagen for awhile now and I've been looking for a blue faced watch ever since I got my husband one. But I've always been hesitant to get a watch with a metal band because they tend to pinch. My husband loves his (exact same one as this except in men's sizes) so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a try. It's beautiful, light, and just elegant. It came in a simple plastic box and the clasp got loose in transit because, upon opening the box, the watch fell out. Lucky, I was seated on the floor so it dropped into my lap and slid onto the carpet. The blue face is just incredible - I really, really like the color. The clasp needed a little adjusting so that the "pin" wouldn't get stuck when you close the clasp. Otherwise, it took 2 people and a tiny screwdriver to pry it open again. Adjusting the fit was easy too. My only complaint is that I can't shorten the length of the band - I have very small wrists and the band almost wraps itself around my wrist twice. So, I have to wear it a little loose. The design of the watch is just perfect - not too dressy, not too casual. It goes well with work clothes for the office or in jeans for the weekend. The metal band does not pinch at all - mainly because it's a mesh pattern instead of links. All in all, I'm extremely happy with this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tnin & Light, February 4, 2013
Burton Berry "lazarus17" (Tooele, UT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
Skagen watches are top notch accessories. Stylish and utilitarian at the same time. This particular watch is an outstanding watch to add to any collection. Its easily adjustable metallic band is great for those who hate watches clunking around on their wrist. The thinness of the watch face is outstanding for use while wearing long-sleeved shirts. The simple elegance of the design is terrific. This is a great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Less Awesome now., March 12, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
This watch is really beautiful. The color is just like the picture. It is very lightweight at just under 40 g. The band is super easy to adjust (no link removal needed). The biggest adjustment for me was getting used to the hinges on the bottom. I was worried at first that it would bother me or that I would always feel them. After I wore the watch for 1 hour I no longer feel anything. Awesome and beautiful! Definitely adding another color Skagen to my Wish List for Christmas.

UPDATE: I have had this watch just under 6 months and have not had a good experience with the band. I was really excited about it so I'm disappointed. The pin in the band got warped somehow and doesn't attach flush anymore. Today it got caught on the corner of a cabinet door and it pulled all the little chain pieces apart from each other and warped the band to where I cannot wear it. I know these instances are due to my own error, but I was hoping it would hold up against such events. The face scratches easily as well. Sad. :'(

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Watch, February 26, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
This watch is a beautiful blue although not quite as dark as pictured. It's more of a medium blue color actually. The face is large enough for middle-aged eyes to see yet still looks nice on a small wrist. I'm very happy with the look of this watch, however, I only gave it 4 stars because of the clasp. It's a little different and it took me a few days to get used to. I would buy another like this one - very happy with my purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy!, November 3, 2012
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
This watch is exactly what I hoped it would be. Sleek, elegant low-profile, looks MUCH more expensive than it was. It's a keeper. Love Skagen's styling and quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skagen, January 29, 2013
Patricia Brisco (San Gabriel, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
This is my second Skagen watch. I purchased my first one about five years ago and it was my favorite watch. Unfortunately, the clasp on the watch would not longer latch, so when I saw this one on Amazon, I bought it immediately. Actually, the blue in the dial is just a little deeper blue than my previous one, but I like the color more thatn the first one. If you want a great watch, don't hesitate to buy a Skagen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch - great price, September 25, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
Lovely watch. I love Skagen's simplicity of design. I have very small wrists so the ability to adjust the band is extremely important to me. It took a few tries to get it right, but now it fits well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
I was looking for a watch I could wear for both work and pleasure---this watch fits both areas nicely. I like that the band is so flat/thin and it adjusts easily. Very happy with purchase!

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty blue face, easy to adjust strap, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Skagen Women's Silver Tone Mesh Watch #233SSSN (Watch)
It's hard to tell from the picture, but the face of the watch is really more of a royal blue than a navy blue, which I think is very pretty. The strap is great because it's very easy to adjust to any length, so you don't have to go through the annoying process of adding or taking out links. The face is a little bigger than I expected for a woman's watch, but I've gotten used to it and think it's classy looking.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›