Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skechers Go Walk Activity Tracker/Sleep Monitor, White
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Color: White|Change

on December 1, 2013
(Edited 12/10/2013, lowered to 3 stars)
Unless I don't understand the progress LED, it doesn't seem to be working properly on my band. I guess I hadn't paid that much attention to it to begin with, or forgot to check it until after midnight, etc... But at some point, I realized that all I'd ever seen was red. At 51% of your activity goal, it's supposed to change to yellow. Green at 90%, blue at 100%+. I even lowered my goals, to be sure I exceeded 100%, and still only saw red. I am assuming I have a defective one. It seems to work, otherwise, but it kind of takes the fun out of it if you aren't rewarded by the LED changing color as you work toward your goal.

(Original review)
My five star rating is partially based on the fact that this is the lowest priced activity monitor I've tried, and it works as advertised. I bought it for $70 on a one day deal.

I've owned (and used in this order) Jawbone Up, Nike Fuelband, Nike Fuelband SE, Fitbit Force, Jawbone Up 24, and this Skechers Go Walk. I also use the Motion X 24/7 app.

A lot of problems with the original Up, as has been well documented elsewhere. I bought mine at the end of 2011, actually had two of them.

My Fuelband died on me in January 2012, and a firmware update didn't revive it. It sat for about five months, during which time I went back to the Up (Jawbone had sent me a replacement). I called Nike in June, and they had me do the firmware update again. This time, it worked, and the Fuelband worked ok after that.

Upgraded to the Fuelband SE after Nike promoted it to have sleep tracking. Yeah, not really. It will record your sleep time as a session, and tell you how many calories you burned while sleeping, but no detailed analysis. I sent it back.

Thought the Fitbit Force was the answer, as it does have sleep tracking. However, after comparing the sleep analysis detail to what the Jawbone Up provided, I was disappointed.

Within a day or two of buying the Fitbit, Jawbone came out with the Up 24. It solved one big source of frustration for me, that being the requirement to plug in every time I wanted to sync or set an alarm. The Up 24, Force, and Go Walk all use Bluetooth 4.0. I really have nothing bad to say about the Up 24, but it may be going back (more on that in a moment).

The Skechers Go Walk...

Pros:

Low price, although not really lower than the Fitbit Flex (which I haven't tried).
A (very cool) proprietary charger that can probably be easily duplicated with stuff you may already have (more on that in a moment).
Bluetooth 4.0, kinda... (see cons).
It works.

Cons:

May give you way more steps than you really have, but my testing between it, the Up 24, and the Motion X 24/7 app showed that any one of them was apt to be more inconsistent than the others at any time.
Proprietary charger, but this is true for all except the Fuelband.
Not waterproof, but none of these that I've mentioned are.
If you leave the app open, it maintains a connection to the wristband. Otherwise, you have to hold the button down for a few seconds to get it to sync. The Fuelband, Force, and Up 24 all have a true Bluetooth 4.0 connection that doesn't require anything other than opening the app.
No integration with third party apps or websites, which is something that all of the others have.

The charger is a little pebble-looking thing that has a magnet in it to hold it against the bottom side of the wristband. There are two gold contacts on the wristband that line up and make contact to charge. I haven't put a voltmeter on it yet, but I'm assuming it charges with 5 volts DC from the USB connection. If so, it would be very easy to just rig a homemade charger to have additional chargers. I'm thinking a narrow piece of wood or plastic with two small screws spaced at the proper distance to make contact. The contact would be made at the tip of the screw, while the wires providing the 5 volts would be connected on the bottom side where the screw heads are. Assuming the magnet is in the charger, and not in the wristband itself, then a small magnet could be put on top of this piece of wood or plastic as well. Probably not even something most people would need, but I'm a truck driver, so a second charger to keep on the road with me would be invaluable.

So... I'm happy with the Jawbone Up 24. I'm just "ok" with the Skechers Go Walk. The sleep analysis provided by the Go Walk is just so-so, better than the Fuelband, as good as the Fitbit, but not in the same league as the Up 24. The activity monitoring is pretty much on par with the others.

I think the Up 24 is going back. I've ordered a Pebble watch. I really think that the combination of it and the Motion X 24/7 app will provide everything good that a combination of all of these others have to offer... (Way beyond) the on-wrist display of the Fuelband and the Force... The vibrating alarm offered by some of them... Waterproof, offered by none of the others... The 24/7 app provides detailed sleep analysis, seems to be as good as the Jawbone. Jawbone uses Motion X technology in the Up anyway, so...

Bottom line... The Go Walk works as advertised. It may not provide everything I want or need, but it does everything it's supposed to do. I haven't tested it long enough to comment on battery life. In fact, I only charged it partially, and have been wearing it for two days now. I started on 2/3 bars, and am on 1/3 now.
1818 comments|236 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2014
First one I received did not record activity. It worked fine for mileage and steps. I called the customer service lady and she was incredible. I was all set to try and prove the tracker was broke, and she just said that a new one would be in the mail and what color would I want. I told my wife that the service was too easy....I did not even get to argue.
on February 4, 2014
I received my GoWalk Activity Tracker as a Christmas gift, I will not record any movement whatsoever!! I have called customer support and have received NO customer support. I would avoid this product if I were you. A good idea, poorly executed.
33 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2014
Difficult to use. No back up. No one ever at the help line. Does not work like the manual says. I have almost memorized it.
on July 4, 2014
do not buy this product. It does not do what it advertises to do and the application is so awful and frustrating. This product should be taken off the market. The app is required to get use of the wristlet, and the app is a disaster!!
on November 26, 2014
I finally broke down and purchased an activity tracker after watching all my coworkers become dependent on their various brand named devices.

What I love about the Skechers GoWalk Activity Tracker is it's simplicity. I was using it in under 15 minutes. Right from the box - read the 2 page get started - charged it FULLY (could have been the step some of those rated it only a 1 skipped) and synced w/ my 4S iphone to upload the profile I created while waiting for it to charge. Very simple and straightforward interface. Only a 4 colored lights to remember and I can see my progress anytime on the phone. No need to hook up to a computer to track statistical data!

This device paired with my GoWalk 2 shoes (the most comfortable shoes on the planet) I am sure I will hit my fitness goals this winter.
on May 16, 2015
I was skeptical about this band after reading reviews but I found it on sale and an additional $5 off so making it $20 ( only thr pink one) I am not extremely tech savvy but was able to set up and sync all on my own. I do have an iPhone so maybe that's why it was so easy. But it does what it says it will do. Just follow directions. The only issue is to get info from band to phone you have to sync it each time. But all you do is hold the button and count to 5.easy enough to do for the price. It tracks how long to fall asleep and actual sleep time as well it seems accurate and myself and hubby went to sleep at same time and was only s few minutes difference ( I fall asleep faster) and he has the$130 Fitbit. So if you are looking for a cheaper version. And have apple products I'm sure this will work great
on June 8, 2014
What I was looking for was a nice looking fitness tracker that I could wear on my wrist for a low cost and this band met my needs. First of all it feels and looks nice. Whenever I wear it, the band barely feels like it is on my wrist. I had no problem getting it to work with my iphone 5s. I just downloaded the app and the band instantly popped up, very simple. Yes the app is basic, but for me I dont need all the extra fluff and useless details. It tells me what I need to know which during my walks/runs is steps, calories and distance. It also works on my elliptical. I tried the sleep mode and it did give me a graph but I dont really have a use for it. For anyone looking for a basic fitness band without all the extra useless info, I high recommend this.
on April 17, 2015
Bought this trying to lose weight. It worked well with apple but when i got a new phone galaxy s6 i could not find the app. does not have good support in customer service. Still looks nice but comes off easily after a while

Updating the review
The updated android app is out now so as soon as i can get a new charger or figure out where to buy one ill see how it works
review image
on April 2, 2014
Easy to use - Accurate - keeps me Motivated and looks SUPER COOLl! No problems uploading and synching to app on I-Phone. Highly recommend - great gift!!