Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skechers Women's Fortress Clog Slipper
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 5, 2012
I was hoping these were a "shoe" and not look like a slipper since I plan on wearing them when I'm out and about this winter. They're definately a SHOE, not a slipper. Doesn't look at all like slippers. They're comfortable and warm. I was a bit concerned after reading the reviews that they might run small...I didn't find that to be true. I'm tall and I wear a size 10 and these shoes ran true to size. My foot width is between a medium and a wide and these are a comfortable fit. They have a thick lining that feels really warm and soft and I don't see a reason one would need to wear thick socks with these, but if you prefer thick socks, these will probably feel snug, unless you wear a narrow shoe size. The style: Think the traditional Sketcher clog like this but with a Doc Martin rugged sole, which is what makes them look nothing like a slipper. They initially feel a little heavy after wearing sandals all summer, but after a couple of minutes of walking in them I naturally adjusted to the weight and feel of them. The sole is soft, rubbery and grips, not that hard plastic that's slippery when it cold, wet or icy out. The sole is 1.5" at the toe and 2" at the heel. I measured because it actually looks chunkier than that, but the thickness was as described in the shoe details. The inner is a soft furry lining that feels like excellent quality acrylic and the upper is made of smooth tightly tanned leather suede. I have used the spray water-proofing on this type of shoe leather before with great results so I will most likely do the same with these...Almost a must if you live in the wintery snow belt to protect from all the salt. (A couple of light mistings, drying between each misting works really well). They're comfortable and fashionable, will go with jeans, yoga pants, active wear and slacks. I'm super pleased with these and will probably order another pair in a different color.

Update: In just the few days I've been wearing these, I've gotten multiple compliments and requests for where they could be found, so get them quick before they're sold out!
0Comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2013
Fast shipping! I wasn't sure about these shoes, reviews I read were mixed. I was pleasantly surprised, the fit is true to size. I wear an 8 in slippers, clogs and sandals and a 7.5 in heels. These can be worn with jeans. I bought them to wear as slippers around the house in the winter months. When I put them on today I thought they would be way to hot to wear now in the summer, not true. They actually keep my feet cool and are sooo comfy. I got the black. The only downside is they are heavier than I expected, but that's ok, will work out my legs. I highly recommended these shoes, you won't be disappointed. Cheers!
22 comments| 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2006
I have ordered two more pairs (as gifts) after getting the first ones. They are nicely made and can be a sturdy slipper and a perfect shoe for running around. They look better in real life than the picture shows. Really cute and I am very picky. Take care.
on November 21, 2013
I ordered my first pair to see how they would fit, look and feel. I give these clogs the highest rating possible. I live in the mountains of northwest Colorado and I wear these every day. They are definitely not indoor slippers, the rubber sole is non-slip which is my biggest concern, we have icy sidewalks here all winter long. I loved them from the second I put them on. I did water proof them, which helps keep them dry. I love them so much I ordered another pair in chocolate!!
on January 8, 2014
These shoes run small, they are very narrow and not very comfortable. I would suggest ordering a size bigger than you normally wear.
on March 19, 2014
While I really like the look of these, they are not well formed for the foot. I was looking for a warm shoe I could slip on, to go to the gym, or walk the dog. They are absolutely horrible for walking. Sketchers don't design the footbed very well. It is flat and doesn't hug or form to the foot like other clogs. You have to fight to keep them on. Most of my shoes are clog types, but I will never buy sketchers clogs again. They are going to goodwill.
on November 19, 2010
I have very wide feet and wasn't sure about the length and width of these shoes. I ordered my size and a size bigger and to my surprise my size was roomy enough. My heels cover the trim a little but the trim crushes down and it isn't a bother to walk on. After wearing them twice I've noticed they have given already so that's even better. I chose chestnut because I thought they would be more practical and the color is beautiful. I gave it three stars because I think the fur trim is too fluffy and the weight of the shoe makes them a little difficult to keep on while walking. I don't hate the trim but I'm glad that most of my pants cover that part and I think thicker socks could solve the sliding problem. Overall, they're nice looking, warm and will help me get through the rest of my pregnancy without having to put big boots on my swollen feet this winter.

UPDATE: I wore these shoes for one winter season and ended up getting rid of them. They gave so much in width that the only way they would stay on my feet was if I walked like a snail. My ankle turned a few times, once resulting in a pretty bad fall. Wearing them without socks helped to prevent the shoe from sliding off a little but not much. If you size down, they'll be too short so I think that either way, these shoes just stretch out way too much. They were cute and I received many compliments but very heavy and clunky. I believe the sole is just too much. I had to get rid of them because they were hazardous to my health.
on February 2, 2016
Beautiful shoe. Comfortable and warm. Sizing runs a tad narrow and small. Be sure to size up a half size. I went for chestnut color. Colors are darker in person. The chestnut is a light brown and the "brown" is a super dark espresso brown in person (see photos attached of both colors).
review image review image
on December 14, 2012
I really liked the look of these shoes and looked forward to getting them. They are very heavy but, more importantly, they are uncomfortable. The lining seems skimpy and the shoe was not snug enough to stay on my foot. As I walked, they slipped off, even with socks. I love clogs but these were a disappointment.
on January 7, 2016
I love these shoes! They are like slip on boots for women! I where them to take the dogs out in the snow and mud and they keep the bottom of my pants completely dry and my feet warm!!!
review image review image