5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Sensational
Published on December 2, 2005 by R. Short

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware! These shoes crack on top after a few months!!!!
After only 3 months of non heavy-duty use, they have cracks on the top. Very disappointed in this, something you shouldn't see this early on. Will look for another brand next time I purchase something similar.
Published on October 19, 2012 by Squeaky

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Sensational, December 2, 2005
I have this shoe in black bought it in February at a great price from a discount store, they are "simply" one of the most comfortable shoes I have EVER worn!! I have had severe foot trauma, that required 9 different foot surgeries and have to wear very supportive shoes and I'm suppossed to use orthotic inserts in every thing I wear, but with this shoe I don't need them at all and I can be up on my feet for hours with no reprecussions at all. I loved this shoe so much that 2 weeks after I bought them my daughter accidentally left our new puppy in my bedroom where my new shoes happened to be as well, he liked them so much that he ate the entire tongue out of the shoe. I made my daughter go out that day with me and buy me another pair, I had to search a few places but it was well worth it, I should have bought the brown ones then as well now I am searching everywhere for them. I hope you all enjoy this shoe as much as I do.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware! These shoes crack on top after a few months!!!!, October 19, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars If it ain't broke, don't fix it, December 26, 2009
I've been wearing Skechers's Alley Cats for 5 years now, I haven't worn a different shoe on a regular basis since, If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Alley Cats provide the comfortability I need throughout the day, and the style and design are awesome and rugged. For me, nothing beats a pair of alley cats to wear all day long. I wear them almost every single day and they don't start to tear or rip until minimum a year later. Great value for the money !

1.0 out of 5 stars What's up with the Skechers Quality?, October 12, 2011
MT-400 (Northeast U.S.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skechers Men's Alley Cat Utility Oxford (Apparel)
The day I got these, I put them on and pressed down with my thumb on top of the shoe; I wanted to see how much toe-room I had (everyone does that, right?). My thumb created an indent, essentially caved-in part of the toe area that I still cannot get to 'pop out'.

I bought these to replace a nearly identical pair of Skechers that I purchased in '04 that lasted 7 years! These ones won't make it through one season. I question whether the Leather Upper is actually leather at all! It feels like shiny cardboard.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality leather in these Skechers Oxfords., December 23, 2010
This review is from: Skechers Men's Alley Cat Utility Oxford (Apparel)
Unfortuately, while these Skechers oxfords are initially comfortable and appear rugged, the padded collar (around your ankle) is constructed of a very thin, poor-quality material that appears to be vinyl (not leather like the rest of the shoe). After just a few weeks of wear, the finish of this material in in the collar cracked and then flaked off. Then the material in this area started to fall apart. So I had a pair of shoes that looked nearly brand new with the collar falling apart and the frayed material rubbing on the back of my ankle. Also, the pull loop on the back tore after a short time due to the inferior leather it is made of. The interior lining is also a cheap, thin embossed cloth that wears quickly in the heel area.

So you may only get a few weeks of wear before these shoes start to deteriorate in these areas. Other reviewers have also commented on the poor-quality of the materials and rapid wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Durable, January 25, 2007
These shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned and are very durable as well. As I write this review I am ordering my third pair to replace the ones I have been wearing for the last 14+ months.

The ONLY reason I am not giving them 5 stars is due to the quality of the laces. The laces that come with them simply do not last as long as I would like.

Might not be the fault of the laces though - the shoes are so durable they might just be outlasting what most laces are capable of.

1.0 out of 5 stars Two months of wear and the leather is wearing off!!, December 18, 2012
I bought these for my husband to wear to work. He loved the fit (he has a very wide foot) and found these shoes to be comfy. I bought them because they were Skechers.

He came home a couple of days ago and the leather has "peeled" off the top of one shoe and is beginning to peel off on the other. It's very noticeable, as it is peeling off the toes! They look horrible. Now, I need to find him another pair to wear to work. I won't buy any more Skechers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, November 2, 2009
Chris (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skechers Men's Alley Cat Utility Oxford (Apparel)
Purchased these shoes at the end of September. There are cracks on the top of both shoes after barely a month of use. I don't subject them to a lot of wear and tear; I work at a desk. This is the second straight pair of Skechers that have lasted me barely a month. Suffice it to say I will never purchase Skechers again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality shoe, July 20, 2011
J. Owen (Williamsburg, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased a pair of Sketchers Men's Alley Cat Utility Oxford blacks and they wore out in less than four months. The heel collar is rubbing off and the rubber outsole is ripping apart from the inner leather sole resulting in the shoes flapping like a pair of flip-flops. The initial wearing of the shoe was painful, pinching at pressure points on the foot. After breaking the shoes in they wore more comfortably, but obviously not for very long. These shoes are an American company brand but are manufactured in China. Given the price and American name brand I expected a little more quality control. I am very disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Leather, Did Not Last Long, November 23, 2010
This review is from: Skechers Men's Alley Cat Utility Oxford (Apparel)
Bought these at a national chain. Wore the occasionally and was very careful with them. The leather bubbled and cracked in several places and the finish wore off the collar part of the shoe all within about 6 weeks. Really bad quality leather. They are good looking and comfortable but 6 weeks is ridiculous. I am very easy on my shoes and always get at least several years out of them. I even have a pair of Elkwoods hiking boots that I used to wear constantly and they are still fine after 10 years. My New Balance sneakers I wear almost every day and are 3 years old with a lot of wear on them I am just now about to replace them. So when these Skechers wore out in 6 weeks I was very upset. The sole look like brand new with no wear on them and now I have to throw them out. This will be the first time I have ever tossed out a pair of shoes with out wearing them out. What a waste of money. I recommend you find another brand. Timberland, Dr. Scholls, Dockers, all make similar shoes that may last longer.

Skechers Men's Alley Cat Utility Oxford