Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skechers Sport Men's Energy Downforce Lace-Up Sneaker
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 24, 2014
At first I was very pleased with the purchase. Coincides with the expected size. But after three weeks (!) on the inner side of the right boot appeared small hole. On the fold. I am not involved in sports. Just walked. And every time the hole gets bigger. On the left boot in the same place there was a fold, but the hole yet.
This is a very bad moment, because with the exception of the hole, overall shoes quality is pretty good.
review image
on May 31, 2013
I have been purchasing these shoes or the Punisher model which is very similar for the last 5 yrs. I have bought them on Zappos, at local shoe stores and now on Amazon. I was about to place an order with Zappos until I saw that Amazon had the same shoe for about $8 less. My order from Amazon arrived in the same quality as all the others I have bought elsewhere. The main reason I buy these is the pebble color. Everyone has their own taste, but I do not like brown, black or white sneakers. These are made of a very good scuff resistant material and do not look like crap after being worn for a few weeks. They don't show any discoloration. I had my previous pair for well over a year. The soles never wear out prematurely like the other brand names I bought in the past. Reviewers who state the seams bust are correct. Every pair I have bought have eventually started popping stitches around the toe area. I usually singe them with a lighter to remove the stray ends that are sticking up, but the seam will eventually break and then it is time to replace them. I would estimate this is around the 6th pair I have bought and I feel they are very comfortable, look great and have an average lifespan.
on April 5, 2014
... imagine a shoe milled from a solid billet of rubberized plastic. Sound comfortable? Anything but. The first pair I ordered were the normal width and ended up being too tight. I ordered a different model (this one) that came in widths and these are too wide. That's not really the problem. The shoes are like plastic bricks! They are stiff, too roomy, uneven and, believe it or not, noisy! They make a clomping sound not once, but twice for every footfall. The cleat like grippers on the sole are more like hard plastic than rubber. Noisy! The sole is evidently made for someone with an different gait, because as my heel rotates the entire shoe wants to go in another direction. Bad, bad shoes. Do not wear in church.
on May 17, 2016
The black version of these make for a really nice-looking pair of sneakers. I bought the first pair of Downforce Skechers for my husband to wear as his "dress sneakers." You know, shoes in which he can be quite comfortable but still look relatively well-dressed. I bought the most recent pair to replace that previous after he wore the old ones to paint, walk through the mud, etc.

He really doesn't know from shoes, so I guess I should be happy he didn't wear his best, real-dress-shoes for the same activities. He didn't recognize the new pair as the same as the old pair, but he did say they were really comfortable the first time he wore them.

So, I'm thinking I might get another pair to keep in reserve for when he again forgets that these are his "dress sneakers."
on April 15, 2009
After only 2 weeks of wearing these sneakers the seam on the top of one of the sneakers came wide open. Not anything that anyone can sew or anything like that. A huge hole on the top of the shoe for no reason at all except for bad manufacturing. Skechers didn't even agree to help me out. They said to ship it to them AT MY COST and then they would inspect the thing to see if it was my fault or a defective shoe. Why would I spend good money after bad and not be guaranteed any results? Look at Skecher's rating on the Better Business Bureau and you'll see why they're a terrible company to deal with. I will never buy Skechers ever again.
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2015
Bought a pair of these locally and love them. Great fit and comfort. So why 1 star? Well whenever I find a shoe that I like this much, I'll go back and buy another pair usually of a different color. But no other color choices locally so I figured I'd go to Amazon.com to see if they had this shoe with other color options. They did. Now even though I would never buy shoes online anywhere not being able to try them on, I ordered a pair figuring that since I knew the exact model number and size I couldn't go wrong. Wrong! My toes were squashed and they were so tight that you could see space between the tongue and the shoe where the tongue is suppose to go under. I sent back and didn't take a chance on a larger size. Amazon was good about returning for refund as usual.
on December 4, 2012
Bought the grey to go with more colors. It is a nice solid grey. These seem to be more like the Skechers of old. Well built. We will see, had to return one pair after 6 weeks of light wear as the heels split apart. Will update after some time has passed.

Update- after wearing for a couple of months there is some strange part in the front left toe area, it has created blisters every week. I have tried different socks, bought new socks, tried feeling and feel nothing up there.
Now in order to wear these I put my sock inside out and the blisters are smaller but still there. Rubbing a calous on the top of my left front at toe. Never ever had a pair of sketchers do this. I guess it is time to look for a new brand.
They also do not seem to be wearing well, after only a couple of months most of the support is gone and I had to buy good inserts to put in them.

What a shame, another brand down the toilet.
on January 1, 2016
I Love these shoes! I'm on my 3rd pair now. They last about a year per pair before beginning to fall apart.

I wear boots 90% of the time and my feet have become adjusted to the angle and feel of boots. A shoe with no lift in the heel leads to foot pain in less than an hour. These have a slight lift in the heel. Not as much as work boots, but enough to shift the weight off your heels and put the pressure where it belongs.

I also have plantar fasciitis, which makes finding a comfortable pair of shoes with good support very difficult. These fit the bill and keep my feet happy for up to 20 miles per day when needed.
on March 8, 2014
I guess every shoe wears out, and one this price will wear faster than a more expensive one. They're comfortable and the soles are hardly worn but the uppers delaminate and separate along the welt (or whatever it's called on a sneaker) along the front and crack open near the little toe in about 6 mo. Overall though, 2 pairs of these wear longer than one pair costing twice as much.
on January 7, 2012
I'm a long time user of Skechers shoes and this is by far the worst product they ever put out. They are hard and stiff and make a lot of noise when you walk. Like they are made out of cheap plastic instead of rubber.