Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 10, 2015
Amazon listed this order as made August 8th 2014. These boots were dead by the beginning of February 2015. At my old job I was hard on boots. Not so at the place I started July of last year--- 5 days a week mostly in a warehouse and some in the office. NOT beat up. The "leather" is flaking off.... Im not sure what kinda cow that was removed from, not a hardy breed... anyhow, I removed the boot laces out of necessity early on, but not a big deal. However the SPLIT of the entire rear of one boot IS a big deal. I know they were cheap boots, but I guess I expected to get a year out of them.... I was mistaken.
review image review image review image
33 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 15, 2012
After a one-week or so break-in period, these shoes fit great. I wear a wide, and they were just right. However, after a few months, some of the stitching started to come unraveled. That wasn't a huge deal - they were still staying together fine. Then a few months later, a split started in the leather on one of the toes. I thought maybe the leather was drying out, but it still felt supple. Then, a few days later I realized the split was actually the top "layer" of leather coming off, and it continued in other areas of both shoes. I'm not sure how this leather is different from other types, but there are basically two layers of leather, and the top one flakes and peels away from the bottom layer. Then, a few weeks after the leather started peeling apart, I noticed that the soles were starting to separate from the rest of the shoe, and within a week one of the soles had separated a full 3 inches back from the toe. I probably could have pulled the entire sole off with my bare hand, but instead I glued it back on with some epoxy. The other shoe did the same thing, but only peeled back about an inch from the toe. If not for the peeling leather issue, I'd glue the soles back on and keep wearing them, but they're starting to look terrible with all the peeling leather. By the way, I know about moisturizing leather with mink oil and what not, but that isn't the issue. I had some old Docs that I would oil up every couple weeks, and after they got worn out I stopped oiling them and just wore them around the yard. The leather eventually cracked in a few places, but not like this. There is a difference between dried out, cracked leather and just poor-quality leather peeling off in pieces. Also, I was not hard on these shoes. They were just worn to work and around the house.

At any rate, if you're looking for some nice shoes to wear for 6 months or so, these are great. If you're looking for something of better quality, look elsewhere.
on November 4, 2013
I have owned these boots 2 weeks. The top of the right boot (across the top of the foot) is cracking and splitting already! They haven't touched water or snow. Don't waste your money on these cheapassed boots
on December 8, 2013
I use these boots daily and after a month of use it has started to show signs of leather tear at toe/body/sole from the constant bending from up and down movements.
I may have gotten a bad one that unfortunately im unable to exchange.
on October 14, 2013
Besides being smaller than the size they are listed as. They are designed by someone who know little to nothing about anatomy and even less about common sense. And I am not talking about being finicky when it comes to breaking into a new pair of boots... I wish!

The top of the boot's neck comes up curved while it should straighten up toward the end. When walking that will be unbearably uncomfortable as it cuts into the top of the neck of your feet in correspondence of the ankle, or between the Superior and Inferior Extensor Retinaculum. Because of that I would've been able to wear this torture devices only by tying the shoe laces skipping the top two shoe lace holes, so that the neck of the foot could actually bend properly while walking.

And if that wasn't enough, the two little metal studs on the sides (near the very first shoe lace hole towards the tip of the boots) have been added in the poorest possible manner. They will be pressing on your feet's dorsal area and since no padding had been provided (quite the contrary!) you will feel a puncture each time the foot beds while walking.

I wonder which sadist was put in charge of designing and producing these models! I owned a previous model bought years ago and have used it until the sole actually came off... they were THAT COMFY! So I genuinely wonder what the H has happen with these new iteration???

Thankfully I was able to return the item bought through shoesDOTcom. And all is good... the bad part is that now I am back in the market for some comfy utility boots I can also use to ride my motorcycle. These were a waste of time.
on May 18, 2013
Overall, I am not too excited about these boots. I did make sure to take care of them, so they lasted longer than someone who would just throw them around. After six months of use, I saw that the synthetic leather was peeling around the edges and corners of stitching. As I am writing this review I am about to throw them away from when I bought them back in april due to a crack in the sole.

I used them for work and they did their job, but it did take at least 3 months to break in for them to be average comfort.

Pros:
-Water Resistant (water does leak in from the laces)
-Cheap
-Possible to polish

Cons:
-Not very much comfort
-Synthetic Leather
-Questionable quality

Mid-Grade shoe for a Mid-Grade price, nothing more. If I didn't take care of them, I wonder if there would have be any other problems. If I were you, I would save up some money and go looking elsewhere unless you need a quick boot to buy. Over all, 3 stars for an OK product. Don't expect much though.
on December 10, 2015
I can't for a moment believe any of the 4/5 star reviewers wore these for more than 5 minutes before writing their reviews - these shoes are terrible - the general fit isn't awful, but the inner back and neck of the boot will DESTROY your heel and ankle.

The small leather plate at the back of the heel is not sewn close enough to its edge, so the edge of that hard plate will catch and rub the back of your heel with every step you take.

The angle of the back of the boot is ridiculously extreme, which causes it to aggressively scrape the back of your ankle - it LOOKS like soft padding at the top, but that will not make a difference to your ankle.

I wanted to give the shoes time to break in, but I have wasted nearly $70 on band-aids, moleskin, and shoe-stretchers (devices and sprays) to absolutely no avail, and nothing I do makes these insanely painful and damaging shoes fit any better. If these weren't the only pair of shoes I owned that kept my feet dry on my 30 minute walks to/from work every day, I would have returned them in a heartbeat.
on December 13, 2015
I am a fan of Skechers boots because they are very comfortable, look great and often available at very affordable prices for the style. My first pair of Skechers boots was the Skechers Mariners Pilot boots, and they were great. I wore them for a very long time. I decided now to make a purchase of black boots again, and I decided to get them again. Last time, I owned the regular width version. This time, I decided on getting the wide width which is 3E. I usually ty to get wider shoes and boots when I can, but sometimes one can't or they don; make them for a particular shoe or boot. I am use to wearing E and 2E shoes and boots. But, Skechers starts their wide at 3E which was a jump for me. When I put them on, I definitely noticed the 3E width. They were wider than expected, but they were not overly too wide for me. They actually fit fine. I just was not expecting to have them be 3E and feel so wonderful.

I recommend these boots. They are quality made and look great with good style. They are very comfortable. I had not had any issue in the past with this model. They lasted a long time and wore well. I expect the same with this current new pair. And if you buy the wide width called EW it is 3E. If you go higher in width, their next width is Extra Wide called EWW and is 5E.
on June 2, 2015
My husband works all day on the docks and up and down in and out of a semi trailer and tracker, so he is hard on boots. Plus he does not like other boots after a while. After these pair it will be hard to get him into anything else. Skechers are quality and comfort. We stopped buying anything else.
on January 4, 2016
Great casual boots. Comfortable right out of the box. Note that these are NOT work boots or motorcycle boots. The leather is not very thick and the toe is not reinforced. Do yourself a favor and pay the extra bit of money if that's what you're looking for. Icon makes great motorcycle boots that have lasted years for me. Overall, I like these boots and they are great for what I bought them for.

Edit: four months later and these are already falling apart. The leather is literally paper thin and has started to tear where it meets the sole of the boot. I knew these were cheap going in but they should be able to last more than one season.