1,017 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Walk with Back Problems
Published on July 30, 2012 by cottontop

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with the fit.
Published on October 11, 2012 by D. Ellifson

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Walk with Back Problems, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Skechers Women's GOwalk Autumn Sneaker (Apparel)
I have never been able to wear Skechers because of nonexistent arch support, but the Go Walk shoes are wonderful! Lower back problems cause me to be particular with the shoes I wear, and these shoes are great. The soles of the shoes absorb the shock of walking and greatly reduce the strain on my back. I teach school and am on my feet all day, and I plan to have two or three pair to start the school year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort and style!, September 10, 2012
I had purchased a pair of the Go Walk from another source in a heather microfiber and was very pleased with them. They were great for around the house and with casual attire but were lacking with dressier pants. I was pleased to find the same shoe in a suede upper. Same great comfort but great looking with dressier pants!

The shoes are well made with lots of interior support and cushioning. The interior is lined with an odor absorbing material which works very well. My original microfiber Go Walks have been worn without socks or foot spray every day for over a month and they smell pristine. The suede material is not very thick and provides for a lot of give in your step. The shoe is very lightweight. The top stitching is black.

I have several pairs of Skechers in varying styles and usually purchase size 9.5 for casual wear but size 10 for work so that I can insert a full-length Profoot shoe insert. In this style I can insert that shoe insert and the shoe fits perfectly. Based on that I would say this shoe runs a little large.

Amazon.com has the best price I could find on this shoe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic shoe, August 20, 2012
I bought my first pair for travel purposes but after wearing them for two days at a county fair I was very impressed. My feet didn't hurt at all. On the third day I wore my regular walking shoes and the difference was amazing. I went straight back to the Skechers. After that I ordered a second pair for more formal purposes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with the fit., October 11, 2012
I have this style shoe in a different material and color and love them! They are so comfortable-like wearing slippers. I wanted this suede material for Fall/Winter. When the shoes arrived I tried them on and they felt like a good fit. The next morning I wore them to work, and about an hour later, when the shoe had "warmed" on my foot I noticed that the right heel was larger than the left and my foot was slipping in and out of the shoe with each step. Having worn them outside I know I cannot return them, so I will attempt a fix with a heel cushion. I don't know if that will work either as the shoe has a hole in the heel. I was going to buy the Go Walk Autumns in the green color too, but I think I will have to pass on that. This slippage thing is driving me bonkers! If you can buy them in a store near you, that would be the safest bet, or wear them around the house for at least an hour with some bags over the shoes so they can be returned.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sizing Variation Between Colors, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Skechers Women's GOwalk Autumn Sneaker (Apparel)
This summer I fell in love with canvas Go Walks, so I was excited to buy some Autumn-styled ones. I ordered a pair of black and a pair of brown, both in the same size. The brown ones fit great, but unfortunately the black ones don't fit, and I did check the inside tag for correct sizing. The black suede upper is much larger than the brown one, making the fit too big. I'm really disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the most comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet!, May 19, 2013
A friend of mine had a pair of these shoes and she told me how comfortable they were. They're incredibly lightweight, but her feet are smaller than mine so I couldn't try them on for fit. So I ordered a pair of my own & I'm so glad I did! These shoes really are possibly the most comfortable shoes I've ever had on my feet. The soles are made of some kind of cushiony material that give a bouncy feel while walking. And there's plenty of room for socks. I wore them all day the day I got them and almost didn't want to take them off. These shoes would probably be great for anyone who works on their feet all day. ... I just wish they were just a bit more fashionable. I'd buy another pair in another color if they were cuter...

5.0 out of 5 stars Skechers go walk womens lightweight shoe, April 13, 2013
These shoes have been the best for work. So comfortable I get home after being on my feet all day and forget to take off my shoes. The only thing with these are I recommend you buy a smaller size. I wear a size 10 shoe and could wear a 9 as they run large and then they stretch out easily to with the suede top

5.0 out of 5 stars Skechers Go Walk Autumn, September 21, 2012
The best fitting shoe so comfortable....I love them I want the Charcoal ones in size nine but I cant find them even on the Skecher website........:(

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable as slippers and fit like a glove - a good mom shoe, June 30, 2013
I have several pairs of Sketchers shoes and I love them all. I bought these for walking but found them to be excellent as my house shoes instead. Light as a feather at less than 6 oz each. Fabric footbed and lining, no arch support but comfortable nonetheless. The anatomic last follows the slant of the toes and are true to size - even a bit large, but they are not uncomfortable. Socks help prevent heel slippage.

The shoes are very easily to slip on and off. An unusual hole in the heel helps, although I really don't know if that's what it's there for. The suede leather upper has a reinforced toe.

According to Sketchers, "GoWalk" shoes allow you to respond to practically any surface, with "Go Inpulse sensors that move together and independently as they provide sensory feedback to the brain. This dynamic interaction promotes a natural stride." What this translates into is an ultra flexible Resalyte sole with a different size circle pattern that can twist flex in any direction. A good thing of course except that this complete flexibility and give also mines that the shoe lacks arch and lateral support - much like slippers.

These shoes are not waterproof and lack the strength required for all-terrain walking, unfortunately, the reason for the four star rating.

These shoes are as comfortable as slippers, versatile for both slick or uneven terrain (like my kid's toy strewn playroom), but elegant enough to dress up if needed for a run to the grocery store, school or even a mom's night out. An impressive feat.

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU WILL LOVE YOUR GO WALKS!, October 12, 2013
I bought my first pair a year ago and that purchase has made all the difference in my ability to stay up with the crowd when traveling and sight seeing. Although I am an avid web shopper, this is only the second time I've rated something on Amazon and the first one was not positive :).

I am so sold, I think I need to share my great experience. You see, I had found myself making choices about whether to say yes to invitation based upon how far the walking distance would be. Yes, I am an older lady but it was not my stamina, mental capacity or financial resources that was holding me back -it was my feet!

Happened upon a pair of size 8 Wide Go Walks on a bargain table - and thought - what have I got to lose? It turned out I lost a lot of worries that day - I've never again made a decision based upon the answer to "will my feet hold up?". Now my answer is always yes!

My only wish is "PLEASE SKECHERS - Make more of your Go Walks in Wide Width!!!" This suede pair came in Wide and I slipped them on and have been "on the go" every since. I have them in every color made but when not available in wide, need to buy 1/2 size up. Although not the immediate heaven - takes one or two "wearings" to get there - I still love my 8.5M Go Walks.

If you are looking for a shoe that feels sturdy on your foot, Go Walks may not be for you. Remember, the are VERY light weight. Still they have all the support I need to float along on a "cloud". So if you see a group of men and women, happily traveling about the States wearing Go Walks, it might just be me and the legions of people who've already heard my story.

Skechers Women's GOwalk Autumn Sneaker