on April 5, 2012
I went to the store to try these on....I have very wide feet along with bunions and read that these had a larger toe box. I love the fit so far! They are very light weight and the area around your toes and top of the foot is made of a stretchy mesh which is why I think they fit my wide foot so well. The shoe adapts to your foot. I also have Morton's neuroma, so we will see how well I do with running. I will update this review. I just wanted to let those with wide feet to consider trying this shoe in its standard size. I've had New Balance walking shoes in extra wide that felt too tight to give you an idea about my foot. And I can say that it's true about the mid foot strike...the design of the shoe doesn't allow for a heel strike. Even if you try to land on your heels, the shoe is thicker in the middle and takes the force before your heel can land. I am intrigued. Hope they work since I have my first ever 5k coming up!

UPDATE 1 - Not sure if you should wear them to Zumba, but I did and had ZERO issues with my neuroma!!! So happy! I also wore them to work (4 hours at a preschool), and they felt like a dream. I'm so afraid these will be too good to be true! I also went sockless, and my feet felt dry. Normally, I can't wait to get out of my shoes, but these feel better on than when I am BAREFOOT!!

UPDATE 2 4/29/2012 - Ran (walked a lot) my first 5k ever wearing these. Success! I didn't experience any pain from my bunions or neuromas. Being overweight and having issues with my feet, I never believed there was a shoe out there that would get me moving. I am over the moon happy with these shoes!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 25, 2012
First off, these shoes are made for running and that is how I am reviewing them. I purchased these based on the manufacturer's claim they reduce/eliminate heel strike. My current shoes - which feel like the Cadillac of running shoes (big, heavy, but cushy ride)have a 11 mm heal to toe drop. These shoes have a 4mm drop. I read a few other reviews all recommending the shoes, so I figured I'd give them a shot.

They offer perfect cushioning for the forefoot - surprising for a minimalist shoe. It's firm, not soft, but doesn't feel like running bare foot against the ground - just a nice in between. I have mid to high arches and my feet require snug support through the arch, these offered perfect support.

It took me a couple blocks to get the hang of correct running form with the shoes. If you don't run correctly it does not feel good on the feet, but it only takes about a minute to get the hang of proper foot landing in the shoes and you easily keep the form.

I ran four miles my first time out in the shoes, my second run was 3 miles. I'm alternating running with my current running shoes so not to aggravate lower leg muscles (a common occurrence when switching cold turkey to a more minimal shoe). The following week I wore these on a 4 mile progression run and ran faster than I thought I could by 20 seconds/mile - perhaps the lightweight shoe combined with a more correct running form helped.

My lower leg muscles do feel the different shoes, and I find myself wanting to stretch those muscles more often since starting to wear the shoes.

I don't find the shoe particularly stylish, but I can overlook that part.

I ordered my normal running shoe size (10), if I were to get a second pair I would order 1/2 size smaller to get a snugger fit. The shoes are a bit too wide for me, but so are most shoes, which is why I stated these are true to size. I did get a blister during one run due to some side to side motion in the forefoot. There is a seam that runs right along the edge of the sole that rubs my big toe. I don't go sock-less in my shoes, but these would make excellent shoes for going sock less if that's your thing.

They are snug through the heel. There is a stretchy grip in the back - not sure how to explain it, but it snugs up the heel quite well.

I haven't tried them on a long run yet, but plan to work my way up to wearing them on longer runs.
Very lightweight shoes (bonus for running) and very flexible.
on December 18, 2011
Oh Em Gee! I have been looking for a comfortable shoe for years now. I have plantar fasciitis and have gone through so many pairs of shoes AND insoles in the last couple of years... while looking for a new pair of Nike shox at WSS i just so happened to walk by these shoes... They looked nice and only because of this did i try them on and WOW.... they are super duper light, they hug my heel and give me the right amount of arch support. I walk all day long for my job and i thought these will be great! So i bought them and went home to test them out first. I cant believe how supportive this shoe is and how low impact they are on my joints. I was able to run for longer and faster on the treadmill than with any other shoe i own. I had no back pain, no knee pain, and especially NO HEEL PAIN! I would definitely recommend these if youre looking for that "almost barefoot" type shoe. They are antimicrobial and breathable so you can wear them sockless if you should so desire to!

Get you some!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 4, 2012
I just got into running. I have been looking everywhere for a good shoe that is lightweight and flexible. I was looking for one particular brand of shoes and could not find them anywhere. I had heard they were really good for running. Every place I went they had discontinued them. I found a place that had them and tried them on. They were ok not worth the hype. I went and tried other people's recommendations. I either didn't like the fit or the salesperson at the store annoyed me. One store they were trying to sell insoles more that the shoe and the sales person never told me that the brand I was trying on was at least a half size smaller fit that other brands. I got so fed up that I was just walking the mall with my friend, and happened to walk past the Skechers store. They had a display out in the entryway for the GOrun and I picked one up to look at it. It was light as a feather and very flexible. I tried on those as well as about four other pairs. I must have driven the girl nuts, but she was so helpful. I finally decided on the Gorun shoes because the fit was amazing. I tried them on a run and loved the midfoot strike feature. It definitely uses different muscles in your legs. One difference I noticed is I don't hit the ground as hard as with other shoes. There was far less pressure in my knees. I have problems with one of my knees so I needed a shoe that would help take pressure off of them. Compared to the other brands the price is about average. I definitely recommend these shoes. I actually think I might get another pair.
on December 15, 2011
These are the lightest shoes I have ever owned and as a runner that is important to me. I also wear them to spin, weight lifting & aerobics classes and they are always so comfortable. If you are a runner or are just trying to be comfortable and fashionable while you workout, then you should try this shoe. I bought a black pair for myself, fell in love with them, bought my husband a pair, which he loves too. Im now going to get another pair in turquoise!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 28, 2012
These are SERIOUSLY the best running shoes I've ever had!! I've always had trouble finding comfortable running shoes, and for the past 10+ years (since I started running in high school) I've never had a running shoe I really loved. I've run in shoes from Adidas, Asics, Brooks, Reebok, etc. - all the nice, high-quality brands - and have always had problems with blisters on the inside of both feet (depending on the shoe, I get blisters on the underside of my big toe, the ball of my foot, or the arch). These are my first pair of quasi-"minimalist" running shoes, so I don't know if that makes a difference in the fit or my experience - maybe I would have a positive experience with the Merrell barefoot shoes or something similar.

I tried different shoes, different sizes, different socks, tying my shoes tighter or looser, and the only thing that worked consistently was taping my feet with athletic tape before running - which is just annoying and time consuming. I read so many reviews before purchasing these shoes, both from "professional" runners and from people just wearing them for errands and an occasional jog. Given the overwhelmingly positive reviews, I thought I'd give them a try - though I didn't have high hopes! However, these shoes were perfect right out of the box. The elastic in the back grips the heel nicely, the shoe itself is tight and fitted (but not too tight) and the toe box is large enough to be comfortable when running (though given the width, I don't know if these would be the best shoes for someone with narrow feet - I ordered the medium width and was surprised at the amount of space around the toes). Best of all, NO BLISTERS!! I started out with shorter runs to break them in, and the longest I've done so far is about 4.5 miles - but still no problems. I've run just about every day since I got them - approx. 2 weeks ago - so probably have 30-40 miles on them at this point. The shoes are incredibly comfortable and provide great traction, padding, protection.

As for the "midfoot strike" required by these shoes - I haven't found it to be problematic or uncomfortable. I do notice a little more soreness in my calves after I run, but nothing too concerning. They're a little weird to walk in and I don't think they'd be my go-to shoes for running errands or just walking around, but they're great for running. With respect to sizing, I'm usually a 6, sometimes 6.5 in regular shoes, but always size up to a 6.5 in running shoes. I ordered these in both a 6 and 6.5 since I've gotten other non-running Sketchers shoes in a 6, and found the 6 a little too small - so I would say, buy the same size as your normal running shoe size. Also, the price on Amazon can't be beat!
on March 5, 2012
I didn't buy this as a running shoe, which may be the problem. As a nurse, I'm on my feet for pretty long hours, on hard tile floors. I purchased a pair of Merrell Pace Glove Active Lace-Ups (not from amazon) and found that the barefoot style actually did help my feet.

These seemed like a nice in-between shoe, not quite barefoot technology, not quite overly padded. The problem is the padding hits me right in the arch. Maybe my feet are just too flat for this style, but it's pretty uncomfortable to stand for any long stretch of time. Also, I failed to notice in the pictures that the sole is slightly curved, which for me means that I step down directly on the rounded (padded) part.

When I run, I think this type sole might be okay, since the sole seems designed to encourage a ball of the foot strike. For standing though, I'll stick with my Merrells.
on July 28, 2012
UPDATE: Even though I've gone on to purchase other running shoes (Saucony Kinvara 3's) This pair is still my favorite to race in. They are lighter and just feel faster. Plus, they help so much with mid-foot strike. I like the Kinvara's for my long run (8+ miles), but prefer Skechers for speed work. I do rotate my shoes, but I am not noticing any further unusual wear and tear. I consider myself a serious runner now, and I still love Skechers Go Run!

I purchased this shoe based on reviews and the fact that it was the only minimalist E-width shoe I could find. I am new to running, 45 years old, averaging about 12 miles a week right now.
Pros:
1) A true wide width shoe! My feet were so happy when I put these on. They are wide in the toe box (of course) but also wide across the mid-foot - which is rare!
2) There is a pronounced "hump" mid-foot - which feels to me like major arch support. It feels weird to walk in (at first) but is awesome to run in. I have suffered from plantar fasciitis in the past and I can tell that that will not be a problem in these shoes with the fantastic arch support and heel cup!
3) These shoes are so light you will think the box is empty! Seriously - I feel light as a gazelle in them!
4) No blisters! Right out of the box I was wearing these shoes for 3-4 mile run/walks and have never experienced any blisters or rubbing at all! I have tried them without socks,and they are quite comfy, but prefer to wear socks as it just feels strange to me to go sockless.
5) Price is on the low end compared to other minimalist shoes.

Sizing:
I wear size 9W street shoe and usually 9.5E in athletic shoes. Even with socks on, 9E fit me perfectly. I tried the 9.5E and it was way too long.

Cons:
1) Padding in the ball of the foot is minimal. I'm not sure this can really count as a con since all minimalist shoes lack the padding that stability runners have. I went to a running store to be fit for a shoe (hoping for a more padded minimalist type shoe) I tried Brooks pure line, Saucony Kinvara 3, Altra Intuition (surprisingly, way too narrow mid-foot) as well as a few others - and even though they felt more padded, they also were too narrow (even in men's width) and felt too much like traditional running shoes compared to my Go Runs (I did NOT try NB minimus.)
2) This is the big con - I've only put 60 or so miles on these and they are showing quite a bit of wear across the ball of my foot. I have 3 year old Sauconys that show less wear in the soles! I am not sure how this will play out over time - maybe it won't get any worse - but I do think Skechers needs to address this in the next model.

Conclusion:
Well, I bought another pair because I am so afraid of them being discontinued or changed. No other athletic shoe has ever felt this good on my feet! I am very active, and have suffered from various knee, ankle and foot problems over the years. I am not having any of those old issues wearing these shoes.

Plea to Skechers:
PLEASE continue to make E-width shoes for women. I know we are not a large market, but we are sorely underrepresented!
on April 2, 2013
The rubber bottoms of these shoes are bigger in the arch area so it feels like you have something big stuck on the bottom of your shoe under your arch. This disrupted my natural walking motion and was very uncomfortable for my arches. I felt these would cause pain in my arches if I wore them for a walk so I returned them.
on December 16, 2011
I love these sneakers! I got them in lime green. I originally tried them on in my local skechers store, but I wasn't impressed with the colors they had in stock. But I found them incredibly comfortable, light and my back felt instantly better. I searched Amazon and found a choice of great colors. I had a hard time choosing! I wear these shoes for running errands and exercising and will probably get another pair very soon. Just have to decide on the color!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...