5.0 out of 5 stars If you have foot pain, you MUST buy these shoes right now!!
Published on August 13, 2009 by Jennifer L Pierce

3.0 out of 5 stars Not totally Sold On These
Published on November 4, 2009 by E. A. Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have foot pain, you MUST buy these shoes right now!!, August 13, 2009
This review is from: Skechers Women's Shape Ups - Strength Fitness Walking Sneaker (Apparel)
I cannot say enough. I have bone spurs and plantar fasciitis, so my feet hurt all day, every day, no matter what I'm doing. I am a public school teacher and ordered these immediately when I got a Summer School job and discovered I'd have to be taking my second graders on three field trips to the zoo, museums, etc, in a period of three weeks. This is New York City, so we had to tromp around the subway to get to our destinations, and then walk around the entire day. In order words, there was no place to sit down for the entirety of the trips. I was terrified I wouldn't even be able to make it and would have to quit the job altogether. The sole on these shoes looked so supportive that I ordered them and cannot adequately express my shock and gratitude for how they eliminated any hint of foot pain. I walked around like a person whose feet don't hurt, which is something that hasn't happened to me in years. I've already ordered the "Skechers Shape Ups for Work". Seriously, if your feet hurt, buy these shoes. You need them.
-Jen

5.0 out of 5 stars Shape-ups VS. MBT, September 11, 2009
I have worn the MBT shoes for a few years now - but never out in public, other than walking in the neighborhood. Why? Well, just look at them. The Skecher's version are much "cuter". I wore them with shorts over the summer, and received compliments simply on their looks! I find them to be just as effective as the MBT's - perhaps more so, because I am willing to wear them more frequently. The difference between the two seems to be that on the MBT the "squishy" material is only under the heel, while on the Shape-ups it is under most of the foot. I notice my calves and upper legs getting a workout from the Shape-ups and my posture is greatly improved when I wear them - which means less back pain. Also, I noticed that the pain I usually feel in my heels at the end of the day doesn't exist on the days I wear my Shape-ups! If you're "thinking about it" DO IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars These shoes are great, November 29, 2009
I tried on my actual size, and one half size up, and my normal size felt very snug so I bought one-half size larger. I have to tie the shoes tightly so that my heel doesn't slip upward in the back. It's tough to buy shoes online, but if you are, I would recommend buying them directly from Amazon and buying them in your normal size. Amazon is very good about accepting unused items for return. In the unfortunate event that you need to return them, you won't have a problem if you do it this way.

Now back to the shoes...the ones I bought took a little bit of getting used to because of the angle of the heel in the back. This angle encourages a way of walking that requires more effort, thereby providing more of a workout. The video that comes with the shoes provides instructions on how to get the best workout while simply wearing and walking in the shoes.

When I take the shoes off I feel like I have had somewhat of a workout. Another way of describing it (when you take them off) is that feeling you get when you take off a pair of high heels. I haven't had these shoes long enough to verify whether I will "shape up" or lose weight, but I can say without a doubt that I am encouraged to walk more often and longer because of the inspiration that the shoes provide.

If I do NOT receive the expected benefits from the shoes, I will come back within a couple months to modify my review. At this point though, I don't think that will be necessary.

Follow-up, 12/22/2009: I like the shoes and wear them as much as reasonably possible, but I have not lost any weight. Don't expect miracles. Although, when I wear them it's as if I'm walking up a slight incline, and that does provide more effort and more work for the muscles. I also notice that my posture improves when I am wearing them. I still feel somewhat unsteady on my feet standing still. Will update as things progress.

Update, 4/4/2010: I was not able to wear these shoes much through the winter because we had a lot of messy weather and I was concerned about losing my balance in snow or ice, so it's like I'm starting over again. I've been wearing them fairly regularly and my opinion is that they are not as comfortable as my "regular" athletic shoes. While I do feel like my muscles work harder while wearing the Shape Ups, I believe that I am inclined to walk LESS far while wearing them than if I were to wear my regular walking shoes. I still like the shoes, because on my 10-block jaunt from my car to the office they help me to get the most out of my rushed morning commute.

Update, 4/10/2010: Okay, within only a few short days I can now say that I wear my Shape Ups without effort. They feel more natural and I love the feeling that I am getting more of a workout from wearing these instead of my regular shoes! I'm sold! (But still, keep in mind, there are no miracles! Fitness and weight loss require more than purchasing a pair of shoes.)

5.0 out of 5 stars these shoes rock, July 9, 2009
I've always had really high arches, and never the right shoes, so my feet have always hurt. Then, in May, I got ankle surgery to repair torn cartilage, and there was some nerve damage, so I've been in A LOT of pain.
Physical therapy was helping but when I went back to work (on my feet) I started reverting to my pre-PT state.
When I saw the TV add for these it caught my attention, so I read a bunch of reviews, all saying how wonderful they are. I had to see for myself.
I went to a bunch of shoe stores in my area looking, and couldn't find them anywhere...but I kept searching. I finally found a Sketchers outlet about an hour from home and called them up, they just got them in for the first time that day! I headed out, and limped (cane in hand) around the outlet mall trying to find the store; by the time I got there I thought my leg was going to fall off. They pulled my size out of the shipment box, they hadn't even made it to the shelf yet. I, surprised at how small and cute they looked compared to the pics I'd seen online, popped them on and went into shock. I put my cane down and walked across the store - no problem. I even bounced a little. I walked back to my car with them on - no cane! I'm in heaven, the reduction of impact when you step is mind blowing. I can not believe how good they feel. Totally worth the $110 I spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars walking on clouds, August 19, 2009
Y. Piantadosi (North Carolina, USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this product with the hope that it would help my knees as I do a lot of walking and standing at work., and this product rocks!! My back feels better and my knees and feet no longer hurt when I get home after a 12hr shift. I would recommend this product for those who need a softer sole, I can not attest to the weight loss or toning as I have not noticed any benefit from this aspect of the shoe. I do know that I will continue to use these sneakers at work and other co-workers have also purchased these shoes for the benefit to their knees and feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth the money, August 30, 2009
I have bad ankles, I have a steel plate and pins so I bought these shoes not for the physical fitness aspect but for the awesome cusion they provide. If you have bad knees or ankles these are definitely worth the 100 or so dollars you spend on them. I love them

5.0 out of 5 stars As promised...great shoe!, August 24, 2009
I bought these shoes with the hope that they would provide me a little more oomph to my walk to work - they work as promised. Really work the backs of your legs and butt. Give them some time when you first wear them to get used to them. I do walk 'taller' in them...because they do correct your posture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not totally Sold On These, November 4, 2009
I've been a big fan of Skechers for years and I bought these shoes not to work out in, but to wear around to supplement my workouts. While I think my tushie might be a little more toned, my legs and feet ache a lot since I started wearing them. They don't feel very comfortable either, when I'm walking. (The fit seems fine and they are true to size.) I've had them for nearly a month and I'm still not sold on whether they were worth the $110. I am wondering why so much leg and feet pain suddenly? I'm a runner so have to wear different shoes during workouts. I don't know yet, but I will probably not wear them for much longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Service, July 14, 2010
If you have any trouble with these shoes Sketchers will not stand behind their product. You will not be easily supported nor will you get a replacement/coupon/reimbursement for or towards another pair of shoes. I had a pair of sketchers that started falling apart after a week. The store would not take the worn shoes back and told me to contact Sketchers. So I did, and sent along pictures for their inspection. I was told that I would have to ship them in at my cost, with delivery confirmation because they are not responsible for packages and they would deem them to either be intentionally damaged or a manufacturing defect. Their Customer service reps are rude, and short and offered me no other options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knee pain gone!!, October 8, 2009
I am a nurse - so on my feet a lot, and for extended periods. I also have had knee surgery on one, and have arthritis in both. I realized tonight that my knees are not hurting - usually they hurt all the time, from one degree to another. I love these shoes! I have been through the gamut of work shoes - did the danskos until my surgery - sold them all; then I was wearing running shoes - they were alright (I thought), until I got these. I will be buying more of these. Beware, you do have to get used to the feel. I wore them around my house, then the first time I wore them to work, I felt a little awkward, and like I was off balance. That is probably the magic in these shoes - you stand better, or are better aligned. Now I walk in them with complete ease, and comfort. Try them, I hope you'll like them as much as I do.

ARRAY(0xd998f268)