Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon June 16, 2013
After having knee surgery my mom purchased these Skechers Go Walk shoes for me. I need ergonomically comfortable shoes that are easy on my knees for walking yet that look fashionable enough to wear everyday. I am usually brand loyal to Merrell shoes, which I love. I have owned Skechers before, and while they are a fine sneaker for most people, I really didn't find them to be easy enough on my weak knee for long walks. These Skechers Go Walk shoes, however, changed my opinion of Sketchers shoes!

1) They are so cushy - I live in NYC and can walk for miles in these shoes without aggravating my knee. The soft rubber sole seems to provide a slight spring to my step. And the shoe hugs my feeet comfortably.

2) They fit true to size- I ordered my typical size and they fit perfectly. They are comfortable and not too tight. Yet, I can still easily and quickly slip them on and off. Also, my foot does not slide around in them when I walk. They are probably the best fitting slip on shoe that I have ever owned.

3) They wash and wear nicely - I have them in black and they don't attract dirt. However, since I don't wear socks with them I have tossed them in the washing machine to clean them and they have come out perfectly clean while still retaining their original shape and fit.

In sum, I was very skeptical that a slip on shoe made by Skechers could be ergonomically designed well enough to allow for pain free walking with my bad knee. However, Skechers Go Walk shoes are amazing! They are cushy, with a great fit and a fashionable look. I am impressed that they still look and feel great despite almost daily use. I highly recommend them for anyone that wants a comfortable and nice looking slip on walking shoe.
66 comments280 of 287 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
Bought these shoes for our trip to Disney world...and it was absolutely the best purchase I've ever made as far as walking shoes...most people said not to wear flip flops...so I used this as an alternative and so glad I did! Great support and cushioning...lasted all day through each park!! Love it and highly recommend!
11 comment120 of 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 14, 2013
These are great shoes. My only wish is that they came in a wide width. The shoes do run true to size, however if you want to wear socks they will have to be thin socks. I am going to get another pair!!
11 comment67 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2014
These shoes are amazing! So comfortable and extremely lightweight. They wash up beautifully in the washing machine and left to dry. An added bonus, if you live where it snows, they are slip proof. I actually have bought 4 pair so far!
11 comment34 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2015
Love love these sneakers! So comfortable!
review image
0Comment35 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 5, 2013
A strictly Merrel buyer is a convert. Best walking shoes I have had in a long time.second pair I bought.
0Comment40 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
I bought these shoes for travel as we walk a lot during our trips. I can't take them off! They are so cute plus plus plus!!!
I'm wearing them all the time now and plan on finding another color. Soft and true to size...a winner purchase.
0Comment37 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2013
Since my accident I have struggled to find a shoe that will help me with my walking program. I saw these shoes featured on Prevention Mag's website and I decided to give them a try. They are amazing! They are thick, soft, but firm. This particular style is perfect for a business casual work environment. The treads are non-stick; I am able to walk across slippery floors without sliding. The inner soles are so well made I can wear the shoes without socks and not worry about sweat or blisters. I love these shoes!

Features
Soft firm sole
Supportive
Non-skid sole
Comfortable inner sole
Business casual appropriate

Gotchas
None, I love this shoe and plan to purchase more pairs.
0Comment63 of 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
I'm going to be in the minority here, but here goes.
I bought this pair of shoes about 3-4 months ago. Love, love, loved them. So I bought a second pair about 10 weeks ago. I wear them almost every day - going back and forth between the hot pink and the cool blue. I get lots of comments.
These are supposed to made for walking, right? Well, three days a week I sit all day (as a receptionist), and the other four days I may garden or vacuum or grocery shop. I'm not a walker, although I do try to get in about 20 minutes a couple times a week.
I read in other reviews that surprisingly the souls break down super fast, which is kind of silly for such expensive shoes made especially for walking. Three months later, my first pair is causing me such pain in my heels, the doctor I work for said I have planter facetious. She suggested a few exercises for my feet, and told me to get better shoes.
My hot pink - 10 week old - shoes aren't as bad .... YET, I don't wear them as often (where are you going to wear hot pink shoes?), but I'm pretty sure in about a month or so, the support will be non-existent.
It's kind of a bummer for $60 shoes, don't you think??
By the way, my Skechers Fit Flops help with the pain tremendously. Love those.
33 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
These are the only slip-ons I can wear without socks and without getting blisters on my feet. I almost always get blisters on the back of my ankle from this type of shoe, but Sketchers cleverly designed a hole where the bone hits and avoids this problem for me. I am always between a 9 or 9.5 and the 9.5 fits perfect without the need for socks. Great design and comfort.
0Comment33 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse