Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on June 5, 2014
So far, I like these shoes. I've only been wearing them for three days (as of today, June 5th, 2014) so they are not broken in yet. As a result they cause my big toes to hurt because the tops of the shoes are very sturdy and haven't adjusted to the shape of my feet yet. Other than that, they are great shoes.

I am a chef in a very busy restaurant so I needed lightweight yet durable shoes that also provided non-slip soles and these shoes are exactly what I was looking for. They are truly non-slip, which is GREAT, and on top of it all they are 'smart' looking as well. That was how another chef described them to me when he made a comment about them.

I had first bought a pair of the 'Nautilus Men's Skidbuster 110 Slip Resistant Slip-on' shoes but they are very heavy and something in the steel toes of the Nautilus shoes was causing my toes to go completely numb. Like - DEAD numb. So I threw them away and bought these.

I am happy with these Sketchers and I'm pretty sure would have given them 5 stars if this request for a review had come later on after I've broken them in. I recommend these over the Nautilus brand for certain.

*Update* August 29, 2014 - The shoes are well broken in now and are so very comfortable. They are still holding strong and looking great which is surprising considering that I work hard and fast in them 14 hours a day, 6 days a week (and sometimes 7). I HIGHLY recommend these shoes and when the time comes for me to need another pair, I will certainly purchase these again. I am changing my rating to five stars.
on July 20, 2014
These shoes looked great when they arrived and for the first month. After that I started to notice hard wear showing. At about 3 months the stitching started to come lose. Now at the 5 month mark, both shoes have holes in them and are no longer presentable to wear. I have worked in the Restaurant industry my whole life and will get at least 6 months to a year out of my work shoes. I think they would be perfect if they could improve the quality and make them last longer.
on January 7, 2014
I work in the restaurant industry and primarily needed these for their non-slip feature. I've had these before and they lasted three years before I simply wore a hole through them. These are without comparison at their price point: I bought a non-slip pair at Payless once for nearly the same price and they started falling apart immediately. I'll stick with these from now on!
on September 29, 2013
This is a great Shoe, light weight but sturdy, I tend to have a wider foot and they fit perfect, they really are non slip which means you feel confident walking from a dry floor to a wet floor. this is my first pair of Skechers so it will be interesting to see how long they last, but the price is good, I only wish i could get this style (non slip) in brown.
on September 24, 2015
They aren't exactly what I wanted (I wanted something exactly like my previous pair of Skechers, but apparently they don't make anything like them any more), but they're still excellent for what they are. I like the way you can just barely see the side of the outsole when viewed from above as normal. I can't stand shoes where the sides of the outsole come half way up the side of the shoe. They look ridiculous to me. What I was hoping for was that the insole was equally thin, but I don't think Skechers makes a shoe without memory foam or whatever they call it. Still, it's infinitely more comfortable than the Walmart pair I bought. They had memory foam too, but it was just way too squishy and not at all ergonomic. The other thing I was looking for was a wide opening so that it's really easy to slip on like my last pair, but like I said, I don't think they make anything like that. So these will suffice. I've pretty much come to realize, you can't really go wrong with Skechers. If you love the look, you're probably going to love them.
on April 10, 2015
I think this is the most comfortable Skecher. It has a trendy look and is super durable. Other black leather shoes this tend to scar when scuffed, this one doesn't somehow. After a year of heavy use it still looks very good. Skecher's 'Diameter' is slightly better looking, but comes with a weird 2-level heel pad. The Rockland doesn't which I think feels better.

The Rockland-Hooper is the "Skechers for Work" line...and isn't available in any of my stores for some reason though. The large Skecher Outlet at my local mall was puzzled too, and didn't even know what it was. I like to try on shoes before I buy them so I find it odd that Skecher doesn't sell these through normal retail channels...which is why I only give it a 4.
on September 14, 2015
One shoe (right) was correct size and width. The other (left shoe) was WAY too narrow. Will try another pair after return of the first pair. Maybe the left shoe was the wrong size or defective. Will try again. If that fails, I will return that pair also and get a refund. Hope I don't have to send the second pair back.
on September 25, 2015
These look great, so getting 3-stars for that. However, fit a bit snugly and were not as non-slip as stated. Bought them for my son who is a Chef and he had them on for just a few minutes before saying they were not going to work. So, they will be shipped back. No worries, though, cause we still love Skechers shoes!
on January 4, 2014
I was skeptical at first because it took a week for me to break the shoe in and that can be uncomfortable, but after that it is fine and a great shoe for work. Easy to just slip on and you're on your way! I would buy again.
on April 19, 2016
I have been buying Skecher's shoes to wear for walking and wearing around the house. This was my first venture in buying Skechers shoes for work. It worked out wonderfully. I am so happy. The only problem I have is that I waited so long to by Skecher's for work.