Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on February 7, 2015
I'm now on my second pair of these excellent work shoes. The first pair lasted through a full year of use in an auto repair shop environment. The failure mode (in the right shoe only) was a fissure in the upper sole just ahead of the heel box that made standing and walking in them uncomfortable.
Otherwise, they were still in serviceable condition.
Having tried many work shoes over twenty-plus years, these have been by far the most durable. Their slip resistance is superb. The comfort is good, but they don't exactly disappear on my feet.
Nevertheless, these are my new favorite work shoes and I plan on continuing to use them.
review image review image review image
on February 9, 2012
I've been a chef for almost 10 years now, and something i've come to really appreciate is a well-constructed, comfortable, and somewhat stylish non-slip work shoe. i've worn Shoes For Crews, Crocs, Doc Martens, New Balance, and lots of others. the two pairs of Skechers i've had have both been good performers on all fronts. firstly, the non-slip tread pattern works extremely well on wet or greasy quarry tile or concrete. not quite as well as the SFCs, but far better than most. it's also nice that the sole is all one piece, maximizing tread contact area and preventing moisture and grease from getting underneath and causing bubbles, cracking, or peeling. next, the leather is good quality, and breaks in easily. everything is sewn and glued together sturdily, and the laces (you get two colors (black or grey - they grey ones really jazz up the look of them) are thick and heavy-duty. my only real issue with them was cushioning and proper arch (i have flat feet), but a quick insert of my SuperFeet Black insoles  made them fit like a glove... for my feet.
22 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2011
I am a chef, and I am on my feet 12 hrs/day. I have wide feet too, and these shoes are perfect! I got .5 size smaller than I usually do and got the shoes extra wide...perfect fit! These shoes are very comfortable too!
on April 26, 2014
I have had non-slip shoes from Payless and even Shoes For Crews - and they simply do not cannot endure what these kicks can. Many high-priced, non-slip shoes have synthetic uppers, and with repeated kneeling and walking....soon start falling apart, after one season of active, full-time restaurant use. What good are shoes when they start looking shabby, while the soles still appear to have much life remaining? The two Payless work shoes both started coming apart, after 1.5 years of use. The Shoes For Crews pair did not fare much better....lasting nearly two years, before my managers started commenting I needed new shoes.

The Skechers Rockland Systemic Oxford has a REAL leather upper, which means it can easily endure many flexing and squatting cycles, without uppers material separating at the flex points. Mine has endured nearly 3 seasons of work and they still hold-up strong. They clean-up easily and the soles do truly work, withstanding oil, water and even acidic surfaces. Due to the light weight(395g/each) they remain light on the feet and comfortable, even while standing for 8 hours/day on end. Wide sole is a plus - offering max traction with a wider sole contact patch.
on December 22, 2013
Extremely comfortable design, especially in toe area. East to get on and off, which is very important to me, as I need to do that about twenty times a day. I wear them on a concrete basement (shop) floor , but need to remove them to walk on our off-white carpets, in the main part of our home. Great quality sole with lots of grip. Zero foot discomfort. Very high value item, that even comes with extra laces! Bought two pairs and when I see another discount day, I'll buy more. I've learned, when somethings really good, to stock up, just in case it's discontinued.
on July 27, 2014
I bought these shoes to use in the shop I work at. They are great. The shoe is made from a tough leather like material that will not wear out quickly or let a piece of molten steel from cutting torches burn into your foot. (have not tested that yet though). These shoes did hurt the first day I wore them, but after about 1 weeks time they are very very comfortable!
on November 15, 2014
I had to buy these for work, so went with an inexpensive shoe. Not too happy with that due to finances, but anyway. I tried them on in a discount shoe store. They only had a 12 4E and they were just a little too big lengthwise. Never have ordered shoes online because I am so hard to fit. I was a little worried that they were only a 3E. They arrived on time, and to my huge surprise, they fit well. Kind of expected them to be made with more leather, but they are a work shoe. Very non-slip, comfortable for eight hours standing and good toe room. Quite satisfied. (Less expensive than the discount store by 20 bucks!) Would order again.
on October 16, 2014
I work at hospital and I am on my feet almost ten hours a day. I did good amount of research and decided to pull trigger on this shoe. Even though they are highly reviewed, they are very uncomfortable. Bottom of my feet started hurting by wearing it for just an hour. I was limping by the lunch. Support of this shoes is horrible. I would not recommend this shoe to anyone. Only Pro is that they look good.
on June 12, 2015
I am upgrading my star rating from 2 to 3. After wearing the shoes now for over 60 days, they have finally broken in and are a bit more comfortable than my initial review below. They are very good on a wet floor, but I still think the cushion on the bottom is not very good.
I work 20 hours a week, and walk in them anywhere from 3 to 6 miles a day making deliveries. I still won't buy another pair, but the overall comfort has improved, so I will keep them until they are worn out.
Original Review Below:
I have worn these shoes for 30 days and I work in a delivery service part time. My reason for the low rating is that the space from the bottom of the shoe under your toes and the upper leather that is above your toes is too narrow. So with thicker socks the tops of my toes feel pressure. I am hopeful they will improve with time, but after 30 days of wear, there is no change. I have had other Sketcher brand work shoes that I was happy with, but not this style. Also, there is not much cushion for the heal and pad of your foot. I tried an insert but due to the lack of space above the toes it was not workable.
on January 22, 2016
Wow. This is my first experience with a working shoe. I measured my foot and discovered I have a need for a Wide size shoe. This was my first experience buying what I believe are my first pair of shoes that actually fit me correctly. I've always had to buy a shoe a half size bigger to fit the width of my foot, in the process compromising the fit at the toes and heel. With this shoe I hesitantly ordered a size i'd have always considered too small but in a Wide. To my amazement the shoe fit perfectly!

Now all my future shoes will be dependent on WIDE offerings.