5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes
Published on May 27, 2010 by I. Haas

3.0 out of 5 stars Women's Skechers for work
I have always been a Sketchers fan. Especially for the comfort that I have experienced in the past.
These work great as a nonskid sole in a slippery environment. Comfortability, not so much. Even with some gel inserts.
My feet ache at night. I am on my feet all day in my job, 10+ hours a day.
I am thinking work boots might be more comfortable than...
Published on September 14, 2012 by N. Abdallah

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shoes, May 27, 2010
These shoes are great! I'm a cook so I'm on my feet all day, every day, sometimes running around the kitchen, and these shoes stand up to it all. I had my first pair for a year and a half which is longer than any other work shoes I've had. The sole finally started to separate from the top so I had to get rid of them, but I got a new pair and it's like walking on a cloud again! They're pretty lightweight, very grippy, and they're not too tight on your toes. I would definitely recommend these shoes to anyone who's on their feet all day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Women's Skechers for work, September 14, 2012
My feet ache at night. I am on my feet all day in my job, 10+ hours a day.
I am thinking work boots might be more comfortable than these.
This is just MY opinion. You might have a better outcome that I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bartending shoes!, December 3, 2009
I've been serving and bartending for about 15 years and am a huge fan of Skechers work shoes. The Softie is great behind the bar because of it's thick sole and amazing non-skid properties. Very comfortable. No leg and foot pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Work Shoe, August 9, 2009
Mary Roberson (Ball Ground, GA.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skechers for Work Women's Soft Stride-Softie Lace-Up (Apparel)
I recommend wide size for this shoe. I had to pull out inserts and put gel arches in for more comfort. This lasted me nearly a year before sole started to seperate slightly. I would buy again if it were still offered in wide size.

5.0 out of 5 stars light weight and comfortable!!!, March 5, 2013
The shoes are very comfortable and has a professional look to them. They are lightweight and they arrived quite quickly.!!

5.0 out of 5 stars COMFY AS CAN BE!, March 23, 2011
So often women's sneakers have a narrow sole that do not provide the support you need. The sole is wide (not the shoe) to give you stability with every step. The non-slip bottoms are just that. I read that the shoes were comfy but I was skeptical. From the first day, they felt broken in. I can walk in them all day without fatigue and my toes are not squeezed into a tapered toe. The toes are well rounded giving each little piggy room to move. I prefer to wear them with a tube sock because it only adds to the cushioning. Some may think it's made a bit wide. The thicker sock will take care of that. I highly recommend these if you're on your feet all day. You won't regret it. I don't!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy new shoes to me!, March 3, 2013
They are very comfortable and very skid resistant. They look nice and I cannot think of nine more words to say except this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sketchers, January 9, 2014
Sketchers slip resistant shoes I wore them to work and my feet was sore all week.

To me these shoes are very very heavy it feels like you're wearing a brick to me.

Thanks for reading this

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the best work shoes ever!, November 17, 2011
I purchased these shoes in March 2011. I have loved them from the first day I put them on. They are still in very good shape after 9 months of 50 hour work weeks being on my feet all day long serving fast food!

As far as the outside, if I wipe them down and use the neat little shiner pad thingy, they look brand new except for the creases from wear (which are only creases - there are no holes or cracks). The soles are still very sturdy and this shoe is no less slip resistant than day one.

I use orthotic inserts so I don't know how the original inserts fare over time, but I am about to put the second set of inserts in the same shoes. I've never owned a pair of work shoes that have lasted more than 4 months...these shoes are a great find!

When it's finally time for another pair, I will definitely order these again!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not slip resistant, March 5, 2014
<Amber K> Review for Sketchers for Work Women’s Soft Stride-Softie Lace-Up.
I needed a new pair of work shoes and my last pair of Sketchers (Compulsions Chant Lace-Up Work Shoe) lasted me about six-months, so I decided to try another pair. The Compulsions do not have that thick of a sole so I decided to try the Soft Stride because it has a thicker sole, and I thought maybe they would last longer. I work in a kitchen and I am on my feet most of the day so I was looking for something durable and comfortable. The Soft Stride’s were very comfortable I will give them that, but they don’t have the slip resistance I need to be safe at work, I had to return them. I would not recommend this shoe for a kitchen setting, they just aren’t safe. I read some other reviews and people seem to like them, but I do not. If they had the same sole that the Compulsion’s have I think they would be a lot safer.

Skechers for Work Women's Soft Stride-Softie Lace-Up