5.0 out of 5 stars Attitude
Published on May 12, 2008 by Sandra Heptinstall

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough about Skeeter!
Published on December 10, 2010 by Barbara Gurley

5.0 out of 5 stars Attitude, May 12, 2008
This review is from: Skeeter: A Cat Tale (Paperback)
I am not a cat person unless you count Garfield. He may just be a cartoon figure but to me "Garfield" is the coolest cat ever. Or so I thought until I read a little book called "Skeeter A Cat Tale". Skeeter has an attitude with a capital A. The poor misguided owner Lynne thinks she has the upper hand but when you read this book you will discover Skeeter is the one running the show.

I loved it when the Lynne tries to put a harness and leash on Skeeter. Since Lynne only had knowledge about dogs, I can understand why she might think what works for one, works for the other.

The book is mostly about Skeeter, but also includes some of the adventures of Lynne. One day Lynne is walking the shores of San Pedro, Calif when she found an elongated flexible cone or seedpod. Since her sister was taking a basketry course Lynne decided her sister might like to use some of the seapods. So Lynne looking up, saw that more of these littered the slope dropping from a tree at the edge of a cliff. Now climbing the cliff was easy, even gathering cones as she went. But when Lynne reached the top and turned around, she realized something. She was trapped. There was a chain link fence running along the top as far as she could see. So she abandoned her pride and skated down on her rear, blistering it in the fast descent and rubbing a noticeably-positioned hole in her clothing. It was one of those moments that ever one has encountered in their lives. It was a "Dear God, it's Lynne here and please don't let anyone see me making a fool of myslef". Thank goodness no one saw her as she stalked away with what little dignity she had left and the shreds of her jeans.

This is a fast read and reached me on a day when I really needed a good laugh. If you have had a bad day you need to buy this book and keep it on hand. Beleive me laughter is the best medicine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough about Skeeter!, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Skeeter: A Cat Tale (Paperback)
After reading the 5 star reviews, I thought this was going to be a charming book about a very mischievous cat, but found myself quite disappointed not even halfway through it. I didn't mind the "letter" format, but the author seemed to use Skeeter as a front for writing about herself and her adventures, past and present. And, I found them to be rather mundane. I was hoping to smile and laugh a lot, being a cat lover, but was not entertained as I thought I was going to be. This is one book I will not recommend to friends, which disappoints me, because I thought it was going to be that kind of book. Cats, by their very independent nature, can offer a lot of fodder for a good writer. This little book is by no means poorly written, just boring and dull.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skeeter:A Cat Tale, April 30, 2005
L. C. Easley (Springfield, MO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skeeter: A Cat Tale (Paperback)
Skeeter is a stray kitten with questionable lineage and irreverent independence. His story is told in a series of letters from Lynne, Skeeter's equally independent "person" to friends back in Chicago after Lynne moves to California and brings Skeeter into her life.

For anyone who loves cats, as I do, Skeeter is a fun romp through the world of cat lovers and the cats who own them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, September 19, 2009
This is an amusing, entertaining, quick read. A quite nice little story to relax with. The author captures the unique personality of Skeeter's
endaring and mischievous antics. Recommend this book for anyone.regardless of whether or not you are a "cat person".

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheerful, September 27, 2009
I've always been a dog person but I was adopted by a stray cat 3 years ago. Since then I have had great joy watching his antics and can totally relate to Skeeter's person and stories. I am still literally laughing out loud at her description of what she did to her Christmas tree for her cat! This was a very fun book to read and I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn more about cats who never had one before.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, March 31, 2010
JGM (ODB, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the book for a cat lover and one for myself. The book is an easy read with the author creating an imaginative story using letters as the vehicle. The story is light and entertaining. If you are looking for a book that lightens the day, this book will do the trick. Very good gift for cat lovers too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book to Make You Smile, September 14, 2009
Amazon Customer (Mechanicsville, VA) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed reading this book, I smiled the whole time. This book brought back many wonderful memories of my feline friend from over the years. From my first cat to the ones I currently enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightfully entertaining, May 1, 2005
This review is from: Skeeter: A Cat Tale (Paperback)
A non-cat person myself, I still found myself smiling and nodding in understanding as Skeeter enlightened his human companion about life.

3.0 out of 5 stars A quick read, February 20, 2012
A. Cole (Kingston, Jamaica) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skeeter: A Cat Tale (Kindle Edition)
This wasn't so much a book, as it was a collection of letters written by the author to her friend after moving back to California. I expected the book to be about the cat since it's called "Skeeter: A Cat's Tale". Skeeter was more of a supporting cast member instead of the lead actor. It was a cute book nonetheless and it was nice to hear about his antics as told by his human.

I'm giving it 3 stars because of that. I didn't hate it, but I will probably forget this book before summer arrives. I'd recommend this book to anyone who wants a quick read - perfect for waiting rooms, and light reading for the poolside or beach.
The premise of the book sounds cute, but keep it away from the kids - this is a book for adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars You've Got Mail - Skeeter Style, November 15, 2010
Edna Mode (Sunny Southern California) - See all my reviews
This small and easy to read book is written in a "You've Got Mail" style. The letters are all from Lynne describing her move from Chicago to San Pedro, California and her adoption of a kitten (Skeeter). The letters are to her friend in Chicago (Angie) and later in the book, to her sister (Melissa). If you ever owned a cat, you'd appreciate the antics of Skeeter. Warning: May cause reader to go out and adopt a cat.

Skeeter: A Cat Tale