5.0 out of 5 stars Skelly is STUNNING!!!, September 16, 2007
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
I recommend "Skelly the Skeleton Girl" for anyone, of any age who enjoys a well-crafted children's book. The artwork is STUNNING and garners a five star review on its own! I strongly disagree with the previous review saying the story was lacking. This book may be perceived as a book about Halloween, but it is not. Maybe since the main character is a skeleton girl, it is expected to be a Halloween tale, however, it is not. The story is a mystery of a found bone in the home of Skelly, done very cleverly not only in verse, but in highly detailed illustrations as well. I ordered the book for my son and he loves it. He has read it over and over, as well as having every available adult in our home, (visitors included), read it to him. He almost has the whole book memorized and seems to find something new in the illustrations every time he opens the book. I highly recommend this for anyone is looking for a high quality, beautiful children's book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, February 26, 2008
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
My four year old likes this book because he loves spooky, quirky books! The illustrations are awesome. The only negative is that it does not have enough text. If you are looking for one line per page - this book is perfect.
A similar type book that is awesome - with more text - is called Mucumber McGee and the Half-Eaten Hotdog.
My little boy loves that book!

5.0 out of 5 stars "I'm Skelly, and I'm a skelleton girl.", March 31, 2009
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
This is a classic in the making.Totally original with illustrations and written word that only little girls will love. I bought this book for my then 3yr. old niece and she absoloutely adores it. She's memorized virtually the entire book and made up the rest in her little 3 yr. old girl mind. It's priced perfect here on Amazon, other book stores will charge a heaftier penny for it. I bought two of them (brand new) for less than the price of one. You will love this book and so will your kids.They will beg you to read it over and over and over.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great For Toddlers, June 6, 2014
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
My 3 year old loves skeletons and this story didn't disappoint. It is short and silly, perfect for the toddler/preschool ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Family Favorite, August 19, 2013
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
This is a family favorite. My girls love to read Skelly over and over. I think it's because it's scary turned cute. And who doesn't like Halloween? We sure do. The story was fun. Skelly is hunting to find who a bone belongs to, in the end she discovers she's made a friend. You never know what might come out of solving a mystery. The artwork is vivid and engaging. My daughter loves the grim art! It has its own haunted style without being scary. What a fun read for kids! I recommend this book to those that love Halloween and the supernatural. This won't scare kids, it makes monsters funny. --Daddy's Girls Book Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Halloween-time story, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
We had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy Pickering at a mutual friend's house years ago and he gave us a copy of this book for our oldest child, which he signed in front of us. The book has been a favorite of our three children since then, particularly once they start reading on their own. The illustrations are lively and fun, and the story simple with a few challenging words thrown in for kicks, like "topiary." This is a lovely book and a fun selection for the fall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, September 28, 2012
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
I just got this book for my 3 year old and she absolutely loves it! The story is simple enough for her to follow, and provides plenty of opportunities to use funny voices. The illustrations are gorgeous. I think we've already read this book about 10 times in the past 48 hours, so I suppose I'll be springing for Skelly and Femur soon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun to read and adorable illustrations!, September 13, 2012
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
I grabbed this book at the library because Halloween is coming and my preschool aged daughter and I absolutely adore the story and all the fun illustrations. The story is well written with rhymes and flow easily and the pages just turn themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book at home and for school, April 21, 2011
Texas Artist (Tomball, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
My daughter loves to read it at home. her kindergarten class loves to hear it over and over. Its fun, Gothic, sweet, and pretty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Halloween Book, November 7, 2007
This review is from: Skelly the Skeleton Girl (Hardcover)
This is a cute little book that both my 3 yr. and 6 yr. old loved. It has a cute little story line and keeps the attention of the reader. I saw it in a local toy store and decided to order it on Amazon.

Skelly the Skeleton Girl
Skelly the Skeleton Girl by Jimmy Pickering (Hardcover - August 7, 2007)
$14.99 $10.71