Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

on June 7, 2008
This sketchbook has an excellent, sturdy binding. The picture doesn't show it, but the book's white, spiral binding is exposed on the spine. This certainly isn't a flaw, I was just surprised it didn't look exactly like the photo. It is too large and heavy to carry around all the time, but it is fine for working at home. I am confident that it will protect my work from getting damaged on the shelf. So far, the pages have proven sturdy enough for collage and the few other slightly wet media I've tried. Overall, I recommend this product if you want to treat yourself to a hardbound sketchbook.
0Comment95 of 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2008
Well bound - no sticky wires to scratch or snag when you fold it flat. Works well as a sketch book, but offers the space for notes, journaling, illustrations, clippings, photos, and scrapbook work. Will buy again when this one is full!
0Comment56 of 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2008
The quality of paper in this book is excellent. Its smoothe and very receptive to graphite, charcoal, marker and pen. The only small complaint I have about this book is the fact that the sheets are not perforated and cannot be removed from it easily.
11 comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2009
I can't express how fully awesome these sketchbooks are.

Pros: Spiral bound makes images easy to scan (if that's your thing)

Superb paper quality that can handle many, many erases
(Factis earser used)

176 pages at around $9 makes it more economical that those
25 - 50page Strathmores

Any serious or even semi-serious artist will love a book like this.
0Comment22 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 4, 2008
This was satisfactory product. The size isn't so huge that you feel like the page is drowning out your picture and the spiral style is convenient for left and right hands. The only thing that I don't like is that the spiral is white and stands out against the black cover. Guess it can't be helped. The white label on the front that says SKETCHBOOK is a sticker and can be taken OFF, which was good because that was something that I didn't want on the cover. Overall I gave this product a four out of five.
0Comment23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2007
I bought these for my daughter who is really into drawing right now. Her papers were everywhere so I bought her some of these books. They are great quality, lots of pages and not that exspensive. I would also like her to be able to hang on to her drawings and watch her progress instead of having bits of papers here and there.
on November 16, 2008
very nice sketchbook-hard cover, spiral bound, quality paper. Perfect for your budding artist when your refrigerator just can't hold any more pictures-just don't pull them out of the book! It's about 9" x 12" for larger pictures. A spiral sketchbook about half this size is also great for little ones especially for drawing in the car. I bought both, and I love the quality.
VINE VOICEon January 8, 2008
I got this to use as a casual scrapbook for magazine clippings, and I LOVE it. It is also a very nice sketchbook, but works well for my purposes.
on December 29, 2010
I gave this to my 8 year old grandson as he is an aspiring "artist", BUT... I am an art teacher, and found the quality of the sketchbook to be VERY nice... may need one for Grandma too!!! Paper quality is very nice, very professional looking and functional. Pages won't fall out like on other versions I have seen.
on June 9, 2009
I was very impressed by this product! The "Sketchbook" logo on the front is a sticker, which was easily removed with no sticky residue. Pages turn well on a spiral bound, which the spiral is white. Just the right size to slip in a backpack and not be too big. Great buy