Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

on August 21, 2012
This is a copy of original sketchbook that traveled around the world by well-known artists, handed hand by hand. At a first glance, it feels like a book that just contained a collection of random sketch that really different each other and almost no connection on it. BUT on contrary, this red sketchbook is about FRIENDSHIP or collaboration between each artist that connected somehow. This book unify great people in illustration, animation, and painting to do a sketch. Each artist have different background, approach, feeling, technique, problem, and thoughts. In form of sketchbook,this project feels so personal. However, this sketchbook are CHALLENGING, because usually a sketch are rough, not completed ,but when draw in same book with other great artist it might be a nightmare or an excitement.

The main purpose of the sketchbook is for children in Cambodia, Laos, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Vietnam to help them get access children books or library.

This book is INSPIRING, and really good to know more of each artist.(recommended to visit sketchtravel.tv to know more artist's background).

The price of the book is worth for me, especially for great effort of each artist and for charity.
The book have a good cover and nice paper and print.

for more information visit sketchtravel.com
on September 20, 2012
I waited for the English version of this book for years. Anticipation built and surely it could not live up to my expectations. It did and more. What a great project with a product that I will treasure.
on December 31, 2013
A brilliant concept executed perfectly. I was immediately entranced when I first picked up a copy at the library and knew quickly it would be something I would (and since have) give to friends as a gift. Simple but effecting.
on October 20, 2013
This is one of those "wish-I-had-thought-of-this" projects: Using a sketchbook as a platform for a chain letter to a diverse array of artist / storytellers. I have already gone through it (page-by-page) twice in the first couple weeks since it arrived. It will be placed on my frequent reference shelf ...as soon as I can bring myself to remove from sitting on my desk.
on December 28, 2012
I can't really say if anyone else will like this book, but it should be appreciated most by other artists. This is a copy of an actual sketch book that was passed from artist to artist until it was filled. This publication also has notes from the artists of how they felt about the opportunity to contribute an original work next to other's works. It is presented out of order - not sure why.
on February 10, 2013
I don't ever really buy photo or art books, but I saw this in a store and thought it was wonderful. What is lovely is that you can you can feel the artists trying to connect with each other around the world - so many of them stated how much pressure it was to contribute - those who got received the sketch book last, because of the work that was already contributed - those who got it first, because they knew other artists would be looking over their work, critiquing it. So the artists riff off each other, but since they are "sketches" there's not really a competitiveness - just a genuine wonder in being involved in such a project. A lovely, fascinating book.
on October 6, 2012
I originally bought it for my son. When I received Sketchtravel I just fell in love with it and ordered another one. I find something new everyday in it. It is a must have for anyone who enjoys art.
on January 25, 2013
I was lucky enough to be gifted this book. I
am absolutely blown away by the incredible journey I took through the Sketchtravel pages. It was a wonderful concept
to pass the sketchbook from hand to hand so there is a variety of styles. I was already familiar with some of the artists,
but this book introduced me to some newer names and styles. My son fell in love with my book so I am gifting him his
own copy. I won't pass mine on, it's too pleasurable to take it out and enjoy the drawings. Great gift.
on January 8, 2013
Good cause, but only 10 images are real good .The others are not good enough..It seems that they were done with no passion.Linda causa , pero solo 10 o 11 imagenes son realmente buenas ..las otras no estan hechas con la suficiente pasion ..teniendo encuenta el esfuerzo de los creadores..no es nada personal ,solo q pudieron estar mas a la altura del proyecto.
on November 26, 2012
I was already excited to see all this work come together, it was even more amazing how it was presented and how fast the book arrived. The product itself is a true testament to the power of art and collaboration!