Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games

67%
33%
Skin: Short Fiction
Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:$1.99

on August 4, 2011
These three short stories revolves around the topic of skin, as the title suggests. Unlike the other short stories that I've reviewed so far, this collection spans different genres from paranormal to mystery. As always, it's hit or miss but they're still pretty good, a very rounded collection.

"That Tattooist" serves as a preview piece for the author's upcoming novel. It is about a woman named Claire who goes to get a tattoo to commemorate her time in the city. But it's not only that, she's a newly turned vampire. I didn't like it as much as I did the other two. It had a chick lit feel to it, a genre that I don't particularly like. It says as a note that this short story happens after the novel. If this was meant as a preview to the longer work, I don't think it was very effective. There was no introduction to Claire, no development, thus, I did not care for her. This piece needed the novel to be effective. Sure, it was trying to be sassy and sexy but it fell flat because no one knew what was going on.

"The Terminal" is told from the eyes of a CNA working at a nursing home. She observes how fragile the skins of the old people are, how the skin deteriorates in time. It is a good monologue piece and I really liked it.

The final one is "The Tanner", my favorite of the three. Ari works as a taxidermist and... a tanner. He skins dead animal and turns them into accessories. After years of working with animals, he decides to try out a new medium. Human skin. This one was definitely freaky. He's like a serial killer in the making. I wanted more of this one. It was quite graphic and I loved it.

Rating: 3.5/5.

Recommendation: Got a few minutes to spare? If you can read a multi-chapter fanfiction in one sitting, this will be no problem for you.
on February 3, 2012
Three very different short stories about skin: The Tattooist about a newly turned Vampire getting her first tattoo. The Terminal: Nurse reflecting on her patient as she prepares her for bed. The Tanner: a tanner who takes his skin obsession to the next level.

I was a little disturbed by the "The Tanner" and were that obsession went and the process the tanner took to get there. The Tattooist, was interesting and got me excited for the upcoming novel Blood Chord. The Terminal was well written and gave insite into how those in the medical profession really fill about helping use. All in all the shorts were well written and were very intertaining.
on June 11, 2011
The Title does fit perfectly. There are 3 short stories. The first deals with Claire who's husband doc. told to get a divorce. Just because she is a newly made vampire and has sex with both females and males. So Clair decides she needs a tatoo to mark the change. So the rest talks about tatoos.
the second is a nurse in care center giving old lady a bath and talks about old skin and describes getting her in shower.
the third is guy who does tanning of animal skinners and talks about tanning which is interesting till he starts working on a stranger and than dreams about others types of people skins.
The stories where fine but not really to my taste especially the last one, Not a subject that i enjoy.
I was given the ebook in exchange of review.