Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on May 4, 2008
I have been using this product for about 9 months. I like it but cannot as yet say it does what it claims. HOWEVER, I do not like the pump container it comes in. Of the 3 containers I have used so far, the pumps on 2 of them did not work and I had to pry the top off the cylinder and use a plastic stir stick to access the product. With the stick, I am able to get ALL the product ( with the pump a lot is left behind). The problem is the product is now exposed to air every time I use it. Wouldn't a squeeze-tube work better? I sure would for me.
33 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 13, 2015
BE VERY CAREFUL.... This is very strong. Use Once a week or for spot treatments! When I use it my skin does not start peeling right away! I have fair skin that can burn without sunscreen. The first and second day you may notice nothing, then your skin starts to peel leaving redder skin underneath. I recommend this to treat in spots first! Meaning just do forhead, then wait 5 days to see if it i healed before you go on!

UPDATE: I decided to do just my chin/ lower jaw area. As that area can get acne. I used it carefully, not adding too much. I used this on a Thursday, and didn't notice anything till Sunday when my skin started flaking off. By monday, tuesday, and wednesday, the jaw area was terrible, hot and red patches and still flaking. By that following friday my skin had not completely cleared up yet.

And after all that, my skin did not look much different. I'm going to have to return this. I can't go through 8 days hot patch face again. I really wanted to like! this and yes I have had peels before, both professional and glycolic.
on April 10, 2014
Not fake or wannabe retinol, the real deal here. Use real retinol too often or too heavily and you will know it, it will burn your skin, flake, and go red on you, and even severely wrinkle you (temporarily until you shed). I have been using this brand for a few years now every once in a while I stray to try a new retinol product that without fail is not the real stuff and I have to go back to this. Be sure to use a good moisturizer with it at night, I like argan oil.
on April 2, 2014
I do love this stuff, it's the only thing that will slough off the dead stuff revealing nice smooth soft skin below! However, I must caution you...if you get this, it is potent. DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT use around your delicate eye area. Stay away from anywhere near your eyes. Crows feet, ok, but underneath...you will be sorry if you put it here thinking it will slough off and leave no wrinkles in this area. Trust me!
on March 9, 2014
I really do like this. I have been using retinol products for several years now but this is better than all the other over the counter items that contain retinol. It is difficult to compare percentages of retinol that various companies may put into their product. I believe this is the highest percentage readily available. I reordered it and will continue to use it. The one tube lasted 2 months and I used it pretty much daily.
on December 10, 2014
Awesome stuff! Noticed a difference in my 54 year old skin almost immediately. LOVE this product. No redness, no irritation, no excessive dryness. Just smooth, clear, pink skin. Even my
14 year old daughter (who was using a retin A product thru a dermatologist) tried this and liked it MUCH better. She said it cleared up her acne much better than the prescription she had been using. I don't want to be without this stuff. Love it as much as the line of Obagi products I used to use and loved so much. Definitely recommend! 10 stars!!!!😀
on April 7, 2015
This stuff really works at peeling skin! It takes a day or two before the peeling begins but once it starts to peel use Eucerin or other oil-based product to keep your skin moist and the white skin flakes will be kept at a minimum. I also use it on the top of my hands and my upper chest. My skin is markedly softer too. It can become addictive so start slowly and work your way up or you will be peeling and flaking for weeks! I have gotten many compliments on how clear my skin looks. Will buy it again when I run out.
on March 5, 2015
Not happy with this product.
Seems like it has no strengh. I have purchased this product before (from a salon) and I am also an esthetician. I used it for 5 days in a row thinking that I should feel some sensitivity and peeling but nothing. My first purchase from the salon I was extremely happy about the results and the strengh of the product. I also checked expiration date and it was not expired. Seems like I got a dud....
on November 24, 2014
I'm am so happy to have found this product. I tried so hard to convience my dermatologist to prescribe me retinal but she would say things like is too much peeling and burning and blah blah. The fact that I can get the same results out of a product over the counter as if it was a prescription one-makes me extremely happy. I have being obsess with retinal ever since I found out what it can do for your skin. Yes! it's a painful process at first but the results will make you forget it all. Will be buying again.
on February 8, 2013
Fifty-five years old and my first time using a full strengh retinol. I was concerned about what I had read about the packaging but mine came in a tube. I made the mistake of going directly to the 1.0 and wow, did I peel! I'll back down to using it once or twice per week. Next order, I'll back it down to the .50. My pores and skintone look marveous under the peeling. Haven't seen much improvement on my sun damage but I've heard that comes in time. I would definately recommend this to my friends.