5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!
Published on February 10, 2009 by Erica Mcclelland

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
I was really excited when I bought the new book by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. I love their "Skinny Bitch" books, love their style and their way with words and hoped to get something similar with their new journal.
Published on November 25, 2008 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, November 25, 2008
The title is really promising : "Skinny Bitchin': A get off your ass guide to help you change your life, achieve your goals and rock your world" and I thought wow, can't wait to get it.
But I was really disappointed when I finally got it. Ok, so I know that it's supposed to be a journal but I still hoped for more than I got. Besides the intro on the first 3 pages you only get blank pages with quotes or tips by the authors on it and some free space to write down your thoughts. Ok, so the cover looks nice and I also like the quotes and tips but still for me it's just not enough. I would have liked more text and some explanations and techniques to achieve my goals. I also miss the blunt Skinny Bitches style that made me a fan of the authors. Another negative point is that the book is really stiff so it's not so easy to write on the pages without breaking up the book. And the small format makes it even harder to write down notes.
So all in all I have to say that I'm really disappointed by this journal and the authors because they did not deliver what the title promised and the book is also impractical to use. If you are looking for a book to achieve your goals (like the title promises) look somewhere else.
S.M.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!, February 10, 2009
this journal does what it says! this is EXACTLY what i expected. it is perfect for going at your own pace and taking a step back and smiling and realize yourlife doesnt suck that bad! my friends say i should have been the "bitch" that wrote it. i bought it for my friend as well b/c i think she really needed the fire lit under her butt too! i recommend even if you dont want to journal b/c it makes you at least think about stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars These chicks are fly!, January 20, 2009
When I saw the title, i thought hmmmmmm, they are going to put me off of the prayer team at church. But on the contrary, this book was a wake up call and it has changed my life forever. Easy to use, very applicable ideas. It was like i had my best friend cheering me on, and giving me the real truth about the why and what i can do to really change my body.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, September 14, 2010
elizabeth (louisville, ky) - See all my reviews
This is just a journal with a suggestion every once in a while and a quote of some sort on each page. This is a Journal. I was under the impression it was part book/reading and part journal but its not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever about food and lifestyle, June 17, 2009
This review is from: Skinny Bitchin': A "Get Off Your Ass" Journal to Help You Change Your Life, Achieve Your Goals, and Rock Your World! (Paperback)
I am a woman who is very careful about eating good food, do the right amount of exercise and living a healthy lifestyle. It is so true as we age it is becoming more difficult to stay in shape. I always watched what I ate and eat, and I now needed some education and straight talk about the truth and food, not some hidden and "sugar coated" words.
Well, I am crazy about certain cheeses and seafood and chocolates, however after reading this book I have to say that I immediately shifted my eating habbits and what I eat it has dramatically changed. YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT AND SUGAR IS THE DEVIL just like Kim and Rory say. I love love love this book and the cookbook and the journal. I feel better, healthier in better moods since I eat as recommended by these beautiful divas, I am a little diva myself, thanks guys, you ROCK.

Andrea, Texas

2.0 out of 5 stars Little substance, February 15, 2009
I had bought this without reading what it was fully about (my own fault) and was disappointed to find that it was mostly blank with a few quotes and ideas scattered amongst the pages.

It would have been a better journal in a hardcover format.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, December 1, 2011
Basically every page is blank and at the very bottom or the very top there is a small motivational quote. Each page is left blank for you to write down your progress per the quote.

Not what I wanted or expected.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, October 20, 2010
Kalleysinger "Kalleysinger" (Manteca, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I loved the Skinny Bitch book and I was expecting a guided journal to track my eating and weight loss but it's just a blank journal with quotes in it. I'll use it but it's not what I thought I was buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars coffee table book, September 16, 2010
this is a fun book to have on an end-table or night stand, or even in your car. just pick it up when you need encouragement, a kick in the rear, or something to focus on.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, September 21, 2011
Good book. Came in the mail very quickly. No problems. Book looked brand need. Its a good motivational book for anyone. It gives you tasks to do to improve your self. Helps you to leave the past behind and move on to the present and the future. Very pretty book too!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›