Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on October 4, 1997
Skinny Soups by Ruth Glick and Nancy Baggett is possibly the best lowcal cookbook ever written. I love soup and thought the recipes in this book were fabulous. Each soup I made was delicious, spicy and yet very easy to make. I have been making soups each week from this book for the last three months. I have experimented with fish stock for the first time, carrying home a halibut carcus large enough to fill my kitchen sink. Ruth Glick and Nancy Baggett have a award winning cookbook. I am purchasing several copies to give as gifts. I am looking forward to purchasing the entire Skinny Books series. Happy cooking!
on November 8, 2009
I was thrilled to find a cookbook with so many good "skinny" recipes. First off, I made a big vat of the chicken stock and then froze it in ice cube trays. Popped out the cubes and put them in a plastic bag, which is handy when I need just small quantities.

Special favorites so far...the Turkey Con Salsa Soup and the Hamburger Goulash Soup, which are really meals in a bowl. I also liked the Chunky Tomato Soup and the Pumpkin Soup. Next up I want to try the cabbage soups.

This is one of the few cookbooks I still own, having gotten rid of many when I started finding so many recipes online. It will be staying on my shelf along with a few other treasured cookbooks.
on August 30, 2004
My grandmother gave me a copy of this book when I first got married and now, eleven years later it is tattered, torn and soup-stained from use. I love this "Skinny Soups"! Our family practically lives off soups during the wintertime and we have many favorites out of this book. The soups are tasty, kid-pleasing and healthy. Five stars!
on March 25, 2004
I originally found this book at the library and used it so much that I had to buy my own copy. I use it at least once a week. It is great for adding soup to a sandwich meal or when taking a warm meal to sick people.
These are easy to make if you have a food chopper. Make double of the chopped vegetables and put them in bags in the freezer for fast soup.
I have altered some of the recipes taking out the beans and substituting small pasta instead. The other thing I alter is the recipe for making chicken broth. The American Heart Association has an easier recipe in their book for defatted healthy broth in smaller quantities so it's easier. However, it is very similar to this book.
The spicy North African soup, creamy tomato soup with chunky vegetables, and spinach pasta soup with basil are my favorites.
This is a great book and if you like more than just soup, try the Skinny One-Pot meals book. It is just as easy and tasty.
on January 6, 2013
I like this book so much I have bought it several times. Some for gifts and this last time because I loaned mine and didn't get it back. Great tasting recipes with lots of good spice combinations.
on April 25, 2014
I have liked this coobook for a long time and have gifted it to a number of friends. The book arrived quickly and was packaged well. I know that I can always find what I need at Amazon
on September 18, 2015
The recipes generally did not appeal to me.
on February 12, 2015