4.0 out of 5 stars Friendly Chat on Daily Life
I know from reading this book that the author is a TV personality, but I have never seen (or previously heard of) her show, so I haven't been influenced by that. Without the celebrity distraction, this is a straightforward, common sense guide to a lot of things you might not have learned from your mom.

Sponges can easily be a hygiene problem, so you should...
Published 11 months ago by Rebecca Haden

2.0 out of 5 stars what a jerk
Published 9 months ago by AS

4.0 out of 5 stars Friendly Chat on Daily Life, August 24, 2013
Rebecca Haden (Fayetteville, AR) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Skinnygirl Solutions: Your Straight-Up Guide to Home, Health, Family, Career, Style, and Sex (Hardcover)

Sponges can easily be a hygiene problem, so you should clean them thoroughly and zap them in your microwave sometimes -- and don't keep them around for months, either. Beauty products' prices depend to a high degree on their packaging. "Wheat bread" doesn't mean it's made from whole grains. Don't carry credit card debt. This is the kind of advice you'll find in this book.

It's not deep, it's not new, but there are plenty of people who don't know how to clean a hairbrush, and they can learn how from this book.

Admittedly, they'll also learn that the author is glad she works with other women because she can't avoid flashing her private parts. I can't quite imagine how that would happen around the office, but I'm not trying too hard. On the other hand, where else are you going to get big-sisterly advice on gambling or freezing your eggs? There are things to be said for getting your daily life advice from someone whose daily life includes things that are a little less daily.

The book is pretty much a collection of stuff that can be handy to know about health, housekeeping, travel, family, and career. There are recipes, checklists, and lots of personal stories. If you find Martha Stewart daunting and would like to have an orderly life with more humor and less stringent standards, try it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and Informative, August 8, 2013
You may think after reading the title that this is just another boring book about how to live your life to the fullest. Let me just tell you, you will so enjoy this book! It is informative yet entertaining. I enjoyed the book and learned from it too!

The solutions given to everyday issues such as weight loss, relationships, and style (to name a few) are helpful and easy to implement. I liked the openness of the author. She is a television personality, which for some may be a turnoff. If you have seen her on television and do not enjoy her personality I still think you can learn from something in this book. I actually found her tips and hints to be honest and non-judgmental. I have even implemented some of them into my daily routine already!

I would recommend this book to anyone looking for some helpful advice but who doesn't want to read a boring how to book. You will be entertained all the while being educated on how to live a better life. I gave this book 5/5 stars and will be keeping it and referring to for many years to come!

I would like to thank the publisher for the copy of this book I enjoyed reading. I gave an honest review based on my opinion of what I read.

4.0 out of 5 stars if you like Bethenney, you will like this, September 26, 2013
Rita "Rita" (Alexandria, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
I like Bethenny, always have since her first days on Housewives of New York. She's funny, cute, smart mouthed, intelligent and hardworking. The perfect girlfriend. I like her straight forward advice. Love her business advice. Obviously she is anal about germs, dirt, messiness I could use her advice, but probably won't take it all. Fun little read

2.0 out of 5 stars what a jerk, October 24, 2013
It is one thing to dislike something, it is another to vilify people for disagreeing. I used to think Mr Frankel was a little hard but the reality is she is just a whiner about anything that doesn't match her "philosophy" The only saving grace was that I got this from the library. What made me even more mad, was the non-complaining parts of the book were good, but considering that she insults everything else, it was not good enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 7, 2014
Easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick read to get your life back in order, June 13, 2014
Felt like Bethenny was a girlfriend giving me great advice! This is a must read if you are trying to organize multiple parts of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, May 24, 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book. I would highly recommend it to anyone. Bethenny Frankel is an inspiration and also a great author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bethenny Frankel - Amazing Woman, May 22, 2014
Cindy (Lake Charles, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
I have read all of Bethenny's books and she is such a great inspiration to all. She has inspired me to realize I can do anything. I have learned so much about business by watching her and implementing her advise into building my photography and graphic design business. I don't think I would have ever pursued building my business without paying attention to how she lives her life and runs her business ventures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book!, April 10, 2014
For anyone who was watched Bethenny do it all and has wondered how on earth she does it - read this book! I'm constantly amazed at the success she has been able to achieve and how she manages so many different businesses. Her time management and organisation tips are fantastic and totally practical. I loved this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book received in Mail in Great Condition, February 12, 2014
Looking for some real Girl Advice, Bethenny Frankel can give it. She gives honest advice in all areas of life and especially helps with giving you control in yourself and being okay with that.

$25.99 $18.73