5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product!
Published 22 months ago by sunrat

1.0 out of 5 stars Not So Simple
I have tried 2 of these & I just could not get the bubbles out. I read the instructions & I also watched the recommended video. I cleaned the screen on my ipad & I sprayed the Skinomi TechSkin as directed. I used the included rubber scrapper & I waited 3 days- No Joy!! I wish that it had worked for me as it did for others.
Published 18 months ago by shasha

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great product!, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Skinomi® TechSkin - Apple iPad 4 with Retina Display Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging (Electronics)
Installation on this protector wasn't too bad as it was my first time doing a "wet" installation. The video and installation guide gave me confidence. After 12 hours you could hardly see any bubbles or haze and it looked like there was nothing on the actual screen! Make sure you have your device off and in a dust free environment. Take your time applying this and make sure you don't push any water to any openings! This protector seems very durable and I feel like it should last me a long time. Like I said, it is ultra clear like you can't even tell a protector is on there! Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, November 25, 2012
The screen protector looks flawles! Easy to apply after watching the recommended installation video.
I would definitely purchase this product again.
Very quick shipping too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector, January 18, 2014
These are great! I have purchased them for 2 iPads (iPad 2 and iPad air) Samsung galaxy s4 and s3 and an iPhone 4. The go on easy and are super clear! You cannot even tell that you have a screen protector on. You spend all this money on new devices that have amazing displays don't ruin it but getting such a cheap and crappy screen protect but you don't need to go and spend $35 on one. I was very nervous about the wet install but it's not bad make sure you really dowse it so that you can slide it around and into place like the video shows. I had to spray a TON more solution than what they show on the video. This is particularly true for the apple products, the screen protectors seemed to stick and not slide as well as they did on the samsung devices regardless of how much solution I sprayed on. Also the video says that all bubbles will disappear in 2-5 days this is partially true. When you install these on a few of the installs there were some bubbles that were like foam (like the foam that's you get when you pour soda into a glass) those DO go away (most of mine were gone within 24 hours I did have one that lasted about 3 days), air bubbles do not go away (as they don't have any solution in the gap) so make sure that all air bubbles are gone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Application!, July 16, 2013
The application is a bit different than most other screen protectors on the market but the results are fabulous! I'd not hesitate to purchase this product again in the future. I love there is actually a protector out there that leaves my screen void of the dreaded air bubbles. You will be happy with skinomi - just be sure to watch the youtube directions! I think this may be the new revolution to applying better screen protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool skin, July 13, 2013
Works great, extra protection for the iPad, stays in place, doesn't peel off like the others. Would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it! You won't regret, July 10, 2013
Order this on Amazon. By dad bought one and paid 3 times what I paid for mine. This is the best screen protector I have seen. You can't even tell it is on. It is tricky putting on but once you get it on....you will be amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 6, 2013
I have nails and sometimes they even scratch my screen protectors but this one doesn't scratch at all! I really love it and I recommend it to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 1, 2013
I really enjoyed this product. It is high quality and really protects my iPad. I was a little leery about the "wet" installation, but it really isn't much liquid and it is not plain water. I thought it would be like a model decal, but it really isn't even that wet. I'm very particular and like to have it lined up just right, the spay lets me do that. Follow the video and it'll be no problem. I did get one little piece of dirt on my screen prior to placing the cover. Thankfully, it's near the edge and not a distraction from using my device. It was my fault and not the products. It is very durable and really prevents scratches. Finger prints still smudge but not nearly like the plain screen and cleaning up is SO easy. I love it and would recommend to anyone. Also, I really liked the price compared to other quality protectors.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Ideal product !, May 8, 2013
This is the ideal product for the fingerprint loving iPad touchscreen. I bought this product due to many reviews that had compared it with the competitors' products.

In a nutshell from the many reviews I had read, the advantage this product has over the competitors is that, it is low cost,durable,least yellowing with time,has a lifetime warranty and good customer service.

TIPS FOR TROUBLE FREE INSTALLATION:

1. First watch the installation demonstration on You tube before reading the manual.
2.Next read the manual which now will make more sense and easy to follow after watching the demonstration video on You tube.
3.Choose a dust free environment (a room with few human traffic) and time with least amount of traffic (bedtime).One reviewer recommended using the bathroom after a shower as this will hold down dust particles to the ground.I chose bedtime and the study after folks had gone to bed.The advantages being:
(i). Nobody but me around to raise dust particles.
(ii)By working at bedtime which was 10:00 pm on the day I installed it,the Ipad was powered off for at least 7 hrs (waking time 5:00am next day) while I slept and which was enough time for the screen to dry.I did not have to go through the inconvenience of waiting for the screen to dry and at the same time not being able to use my iPad, had I done the installation at day time or during waking hours..
(iii)At bedtime the temperature was cooler,much of the dense dust particles had fallen to the ground and not flying around.
4.To minimize fingerprints, I wore a pair of cheap latex gloves.Those allergic to latex may wear latex free gloves.
5.Choose a firm table to work on,preferably with some cover cloth on the table. You could use old newspaper, just in case some of the solution spill on your table.
6.Have a good light source.This will enhance your ability to see any dirt, dust particle or fingerprints on your Ipad screen when cleaning it.
7. I used lens cleaning wipes to clean the iPad screen three times (maybe an overkill,one pass may have been enough),using a fresh wipe on each pass.
8. Identify the locations where the camera lens and any other hole on your Ipad are before paying any attention to the Skinomi screen protector.
9.Roughly place the unsealed Skinomi protector over the Ipad screen to make sure the corresponding openings match before unsealing the protector screen from its linen.This will give you a practice run of how to align the protector over the iPad screen before you unseal the protector and do the real alignment.
10.Remove the unsealed Skinomi protector from the Ipad surface and then clean the Ipad surface again either with your lens wipe or the included cleaning solution in the kit.
11.You may now proceed to spray your gloved palm and fingers generously with the included cleaning solution and follow the rest of the instruction on installation as demonstrated in You tube.
12.Don't be afraid to spray the solution generously as recommended.This is instrumental to having a successful and easy installation.

Good luck!

UPDATE 5/9/2013:
I am typing this update 36 hrs after the installation of the Skinomi screen protector on my iPAD 4th Gen with retina display. There are no air bubbles nor noticeable spots. The Skinomi screen protector is well aligned to the iPAD screen.It is so transparent that it is not noticeable. I know that It is there because I installed it myself. The iPad touch screen is as sensitive to my fingers as it were before the protector was installed on it. The protector does not retain fingerprints which was the primary reason why I bought it. This is an excellent screen protector for the iPAD. It is a very good bargain at the price and worth more than the more expensive brands in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best damn screen protectors out there., April 14, 2013
Most screen protectors you get, it's absolutely impossible to apply without ending up with some annoying bubbles, hair, or dust. These skinomi protectors and near impossible to end up with any of those things! They're absolutely perfect. Those of you rating it one star because it "doesn't look good" obviously didn't apply it right.

Sure, it's a little bit of a difficult process. Tedious. In the long run it is so worth it.

Other screen protectors need to be replaced at least a month after applying because of scratches and peeling around the screen edges. Not skinomi. I've had the same protectors on my iPhone 5 since September and it still looks flawless. I drop my phone and throw it into coat pockets with keys and other sharp-ish objects, so this is surprising.

I definitely recommend these to anyone with a compatible device. If you have a hard time applying it the first time and the bubbles and smears don't disappear after 2-3 days, peel off, spray on both sides and try again. Trust me on this. The effort it worth it.

Rate and Discover Movies