5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed
Published 9 months ago by DAI

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work
I followed Skinomi steps they provided in their Youtube video. I cleaned the screen, hands, etc. The screen protector did not go clearly onto the device, it was always fuzzy underneath. Even wiping the bubbles out yielded a terrible effect. Would not buy again.
Published 6 months ago by Muskrat Love

1.0 out of 5 stars Be Careful, February 14, 2014
This review is from: Skinomi® TechSkin - NVIDIA Project Shield Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film with Lifetime Replacement Warranty / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield - Retail Packaging (Personal Computers)
I purchased this screen protector as I own other Skinomi products and have until now been impressed. The installation of this is no different than one for a tablet or smartphone, however there is a serious problem that can be caused by this skin. After successfully installing the screen protector, I noticed a few hours later a type of holographic discoloration behind it. I then removed the skin and to my surprise the smear looking effect is still there! I later read that the solution used to apply the skin does can cause permanent damage. If the device is off, the screen looks normal - when you power it on and the backlight kicks in, you see all kinds of distortions like smoke/clouds.

I guess other people did not use the included solution who was able to install it successfully. I don't know how I am going to repair this problem, but this product cost me my $250 shield and I would not suggest it to anyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, January 20, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good protector, easy to ruin though., January 11, 2014
Make sure to apply in a dust-free room, a single spec of dust on the glued side of the screen will look terrible as it pushes against the plastic causing a bubble. I accidentally dropped the first one on the floor while trying to apply to my screen and had to order another, it's worth it though; it's a very good screen protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, October 3, 2013
I have to say after I first applied the protector I was very skeptical. There was a haze and some bubbles. The instructions say they will go away in a few days. The next morning I saw a bubble that I didn't see the night before and I was even more skeptical. Well another day passed and EVERYYHING cleared up crystal clear. I was very impressed. Even more so when the company included something called their SAP program in the original order. Basically they send a second replacement protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my NVIDIA SHIELD!, September 11, 2013
Ranze (Palm Bay, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I was a bit skeptical about screen protectors that uses wet application method but that changed after using Skinomi's products--one was for my Nexus 7 2nd gen and the other for my NVIDIA shield. I have no problem putting these screen protectors at all. In fact, I think its easier to put these on my Nexus 7 compared to other dry application method because it allows you to re-apply or move it a little bit much easier. I also love that it didn't degrade the clarity of my NVIDIA Shield's screen. It's just like as if there is no screen protector! I also participated in Skinomi's SAP program and that allowed me to get another extra screen protector shipped to me! Thanks Skinomi! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I feel safe using this most awesome device., September 10, 2013
I was extremely disconcerted that there were no screen protectors available for the nvidia shield at launch. Skinomi soon had what I needed. It went on the same as the zagg screen protectors I have uses in the past, and it took a bit longer for the screen to finish curing, zagg protectors seem to dry in a day or two, this took about 5. But the picture is still just as clear and vibrant as it was before I applied the protector, and my screen is safe from scratches. I know the clamshell design may make you feel like you don't need one, but if you are like me, you will wind up cleaning your screen with less than desirable options when the grime that develops on touchscreens starts to irritate you.
Arrived on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Im stunned, May 8, 2014
Well im actually stunned, first when i applied the skin on my Nvidia Shield it was scratched and stuff, and there was some strange layer of some stort that made it look both wet and lots of fingerprints on it.

But after a few days it fixed itself, i talked to the skinomi support few days before that and told them what happened and they said to wait and it will "heal iteself".

I thought it wasn't true that it woudl heal itself....but i was wrong, really wrong.
The best skin i've ever had, and easy to apply, but the next time if i buy one im gonna use the kit i normally use to apply the skin instead of that was in the package.

But definitely a must buy for a Nvidia Shield Owner, best skin i've ever had on a device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot Go Wrong With This, April 29, 2014
Best company to buy a screen protector from! The quality is superb, but the real reason why I bought it was the lifetime guarantee! It is totally hasslefree!

2.0 out of 5 stars What warranty, March 31, 2014
I had the store put it on my new phone. It never really stuck completely on the far right corner. It's right over my clock. They said I have to turned it into their company. Ha

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly a good choice, March 19, 2014
I had the original Nvidia screen protector on until I ordered this and it is nice to not have a hand with a finger pointing on the screen anymore. In all seriousness though after the bubbles cleared off the screen(a little less than a week) this screen looks as good if not better than when sent brand new.

Rate and Discover Movies