Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on May 1, 2012
- Perfect fit. Speaker hole, front-facing camera, ambient light sensor, all got their holes curved perfectly.
- The use of liquid for installation made it very easy to reposition perfectly. You can keep repositioning while the protector is still wet.
- Final result was no bubbles, as promised (micro-bubbles completely disappeared after waiting for ~2 days in my case).
- Great protection.

- Orange peel texture. The Nokia Lumia 900 has an amazing screen. With the Skinomi protector, it goes down from amazing to *uncool* and *mediocre*.
- Some rubbery feel, but not that bad. Could be a positive for some people. It was a slight negative for me.

The texture bothered me so much, I cringed and bit my teeth every time I looked at it. Very visible when the phone is off, and still very visible around the active screen when it's on. I removed it after a week of use :( Conclusion, if you don't mind this texture, this is probably a great protector. Otherwise, if you're like me, you'll be disappointed.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 12, 2012
I purchased the Nokia Lumia 900 Skinomi screen protector yesterday and to my surprise it arrived within 24h, It makes sense cause they're just down the block from my house. The screen protector came in a nice looking package which opens vertically; it included the screen protector film, lint free cloth, squeeze card and the instructions. At first I was a bit afraid to apply the provided solution on the screen protector, but to my amazement it was the easiest installation I've ever done. The solution allows you to move the screen protector and position it exactly where you want it. Once you find the exact position you just squeeze the solution out with the included card. It took less than 5 minutes to do. Thumbs up for a fantastic product!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2012
First, let me state that i didn't have any problems installing this, so my review is not influenced by me not being able to properly install this thing.
What i hate about these screen protector is the material it made of, it's the same plastic used for lunch bags!!! Just a little thicker...
It's a soft piece of plastic. Its surface is uneven and not smooth especially when you look at it under the light, and it's not very clear, when you put it on, you lose all the color vividness and clarity that the Lumia 900 screen is known for, seriously you are going lose at least 30% of clarity and colors!
And yes, I did wait for more than 24 hours before taking it off and straight to garbage can!
But this is Amazon, the largest online retailer, so with little patience I finally found a screen protector that is hard plastic and 100% clear and invisible once you put it on, it's about same hassle to put it on, but at least I can again look and enjoy the colors of my Lumia 900. If you want to check it out here it is:
REALOOK AT&T Nokia Lumia 900 Screen Protector, Crystal Clear 2-PK
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2012
Just got this today and was surprised to see a "spray bottle" filled with water included in the package. They call it a "solution" But I'll give it a try regardless. Took a quick look at the protector and was worried about how it would look once on my phone. The instructions says wait 12-24 hours after installation for imperfections to disappear. I'm almost sure it won't unless that was magic solution that came in the package. Everything is blurry and the protector is rubbery which makes my finger drag on the screen rather than slide. If you look at it from an angle, the entire surface is filled with so called imperfections. Absolutely ugly!! For now, I'll wait the 12-24 hours but I'm already looking for another. I'd rather throw my money in the trash than pay and waste my time installing this piece of garbage. If everything clears up tomorrow, I'll retract this review but I really doubt it will.

I have to admit, it was really easy to install and the fit was good and tight. But that's the only good thing I can say about it.
on May 23, 2012
Please pay attention to the 1-star reviews for this screen protector. My main objection is to the quality and 'texture' of the material itself. The material is much softer than I expected, and (presumably related) it has a "rippled" texture or surface which distorts light when on the device, especially in reflections. In short, it looks (and I claim IS) cheap, and detracts so much from the beautiful screen underneath that I've been sad about my phone since I installed it last night. I am not only removing it but RETURNING it (I want my $8 back!). My other objection is the installation process. If lots of liquid applied to your precious electronic gadget makes you nervous, that should be a dealbreaker right there. That's just dumb (Especially when I had a fantastic - actually ultra clear - screen protector for my iPhone before which was a 'dry' install), and I would not have purchased it if I had read more carefully.
on April 24, 2012
It isn't worth the shipping to return this. The directions include a disclaimer saying they are not responsible in anyway for water damage to your phone. You have to apply this solution to the screen protector, apply and scrape out excess fluid. Then leave phone off for 24 hours while it drys. Most people would need to use their phone during that 24 hour period. Also while you are scraping out the excess fluid you have to be careful not to scrape it into any holes on the phone. I could not get this applied correctly, it was too complicated in my opinion. And also, as warned in the instructions, you only have one chance to apply it right, or it could stretch out. That is what happened to mine.
on April 7, 2012
As the resident IT wizard in my company, it's important for me to keep up with the latest technologies. Sometimes the higher-ups will take me through a few loops before I can zero in on what they need. A few will keep aligned with the flow while others go against the grain. When the vice president ordered a Nokia Lumina phone and asked me to set it up for him, I knew I had to do my homework to make sure I can keep this device safe and give it a fighting chance at a long life cycle. That is what lead me to purchasing this phenomenal product from Skinomi.

First and foremost, before I look at any other 1st or 3rd party add-ons/devices, I always look for a quality screen protector. I bypass any simple 99-cent store product or those inferior products at the mall. Skinomi's TechSkin was the first one to pop up after a quick search on Amazon and I immediately did some research before deciding to make a purchase. Hands down, these guys have the definitive answer to not only a phenomenal screen protector but it also takes the business in a whole new direction.

The TechSkin is more than just a screen shield. It's a layer of armor. I didn't hesitate to purchase this product (especially at such a low price point) and couldn't wait to install it. As soon as it arrived, I followed the instructions carefully laid out in the book (there's also a very helpful step-by-step instructional video on YouTube). As recommended, my IT area is also maintained to the highest degree of cleanliness in order to avoid any random surges or random piles of dust. I lucked out by installing this on a new phone. It didn't require much cleaning. All I did was give it a quick wipe with a lint free cloth and I was ready to go. The thing that surprised me the most was the use of a solution required in the installation process. I cannot implore high enough in these written words how amazing that is. You have no idea how much crap can get caught between your screen and the little plastic film before and during installation. Even the tiniest bit of lint and debris is noticeable. Most of us shrug it off as a casualty of war (so to speak) and live with it. However, I strive for perfection and Skinomi delivers.

To properly install the Skinomi TechSkin, you need to apply a solution (included) and then gently adhere it to your phone. The solution is completely safe and won't damage your electronics at all. Then with the provided card (or a credit card as I am known to use), you push out any excess solution and wipe it away. What you are left with is a nice layer of armor protecting your phone from scratches, dust, dirt, debris, and fingerprints. I went through all of the tests just to be sure. I put the phone in the same pocket as my keys, slid it screen side down across a table, even did a bit of juggling. The screen was perfect. After a few days, the vice president told me he had to remind himself there was a screen protector on there because it melded so perfectly to the phone.

It's phenomenal, fantastic, and amazing all rolled up into one unique package. This is hands down the best screen protector I have ever used.
on April 9, 2012
I've been using skinomi on my past 3 phones, ever since two other screen protectors did little more than keep glass from embedding into my hand. If you're overly anal retentive the installation process might drive you manic (trying to get it TOO perfect in alignment is a recipe for madness), but ultimately it fits perfectly on the screen and you'll probably never have to replace it. Well worth the cost & installation.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
Originally I didn't bother to order any accessories when I purchased my Nokia Lumia 900 (oh is this the point where I'm supposed to feel obliged to link you to the only product this one is specced for?) since I wasn't impressed by anything that was available at launch, and you wouldn't believe how many people couldn't believe it when they saw me actually daring to walk around with a "naked" phone.

As it turns out the human oils I can never quite seem to wash all the way out (intentionally "out" rather than "off") of my hands are almost bizarrely incompatible with extended handling of the matte finish of the L900 (does anybody actually call it that?). This unexpected case of PEBKAC inspired me to order a case for it NOKIA LUMIA 900 SOLID BLACK GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING that I have no real qualms with. At the same time I went ahead and ordered THIS sludge due solely to the suggestion of someone who I've realized too late is somehow an even bigger moron than I am, and there's only one thing about it that's satisfied me so far: I was able to violently rip it off and toss it in the trash without seemingly causing any permanent damage to my phone.

Having been able to resort to violence without facing disastrous personal and social consequences is the only reason the title of this review doesn't have "0ZERO0 stars!1!" book-ending it.

Skinomi did absolutely nothing right with this skin. It's too big, the cutout for the front facing camera is somehow too small, everything included in the package reeks, application couldn't be more of a hassle even had an adhesive been entirely omitted from the packaging, and of all things, the included cloth scratched the hell out of the "scratch resistant" skin when I used it to try and wipe everything down again following the suggested 24 hour drying period in the vain hope that my beautiful screen looked like someone had sneezed on it before making me look at it through a glass of water because there was something on it.

Of course as it turned out there was something on my screen: this rip-off screen protector.

Folks, there's a reason Nokia and most other manufacturers don't include junk like this with their phones: they simply don't need to. I've twiddled around with my phone for tens of hours so far, and in spite of that, and the fact that I have multiple piercings in each ear (which was the main reason people were shocked I hadn't bought a screen protector along with the phone), there isn't a single scratch on it yet. I imagine that its resistance will wear down sooner rather than later, but short of someone maliciously taking steel wool to my phone the results of regular wear and tear can't possibly result in more distortion of the display than what this product caused even after I finally managed to get it on "properly."

Having essentially gone through nothing but hassle (including feeling compelled to write this review) as a result of ordering this product I regret the fact that I only looked at the average review score for it (a mistake I woefully made multiple times during the course of that particular day/order since I bought a bunch of cheap odds and ends at the same time) instead of actually reading any of its reviews. Having finally done so before writing such a negative review, just in case I'd only been experiencing PEBKAC, I can see that the most glowingly positive reviews look like the work of shills, while everyone else encountered at best results that were less than ideal, and in other cases problems that were even worse than what I ran into. Oy vey.

As a side note, all the other screen protectors on Amazon look at least as dubious as this one is if not (exactly the same thing under a different label) even worse so I would advise anyone reading this to just stick with the bare screen during use. Maybe pick up an appropriately graded lens polishing cloth or two for wiping your finger juice off with and possibly wrapping the phone in if you don't have a dedicated pocket/compartment for it in your pants/pack/purse. Then again I just use some old bandannas for cleaning and insulating my phone, so as long as you don't use a silver polishing cloth that you just finished buffing your great-grandmother's favorite crucifix with you'll probably be OK.
on April 29, 2012
The product is too thick, desensitizes the screen and detracts from the sharpness of the display. Removed and tossed it out after a week.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse