5.0 out of 5 stars Our Daughter Loves It!
Published on November 27, 2012 by janedoe

1.0 out of 5 stars Great activty gym, but beware of choking hazard!
My son loves this activity mat and plays on it daily. The toys are very cute and fun compared to other activity mats. So why such a low rating? The toy whale that comes wiht it, while very cute, is a choking hazard. I was on the ground playing with my son, who now puts everything in his mouth. Well, he put part of the whale's tail in his mouth and I noticed that he...
Published 3 months ago by Sarah Lynch

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Daughter Loves It!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
I did a lot of research before purchasing this because a lot of the mainstream brands can't be trusted with what type of materials they use in construction (nasty plastics), many are toxic and won't even disclose what they've used. While this isn't perfect (I was looking for 100% cotton), it was the best option I could find on the market. Our daughter loves the elephants, both the one that dangles and the one on the mat with the polka-dot ear that crinkles. The whale that has music and the mirror underneath is also a big hit with her. We've had this for a few months now and I've washed the mat a couple times as well as the toys (can't wash the whale, of course) and they've all faired beautifully. Plus, I don't really think it's that much more expensive than some of the other options. For us, it was worth the price. I would definitely recommend and purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
I was looking for something that was gender neutral and a little bit more modern looking, and this product definitely fits the bill.
As a first time mom I've struggled with the overwhelming number of obnoxious themed baby items and the high price tag of anything that isn't. This gym is bright and fun enough for my little girl to love it without being an eyesore for everyone else.
The animals are adorable with a variety of textures and noises that keep her entertained for hours, plus, they're detachable so she can play with them in the car or crib and other toys can be hung in their place when she's needing a change.
I've also been very impressed with how well it has washed- I'm a touch on the OCD side of things so the mat and toys have been washed numerous times in the past 5 months but don't show any signs of wear.
I would definitely recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
I am very happy I choose this activity gym. My 8 week old loves it! My little one is very interested in the toys that come with this gym. They keep his attention and make him want to slap at them and grab them. The toys hang down low enough where he is able to actually grab them which is great! The only concern I have with the mat is that since the toys hang down lower they can be in the way a little for tummy time. However, it isn't to the point where it is a problem. The mat does have a lot on it to help promote tummy time. I would suggest this to any of my friends and would love to have another one to take to work for my little one; right now I have a lower prices mat at work and it doesn't keep his interest as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars tummy time friend, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
Just received this as a gift from my sister in law for my 5 month old and so far he loves it! The little pillow is great for tummy time, as it props him up nicely. The mat is so soft and plush and very good quality, which makes feel better knowing that he's comfortable. The littler animals are just too cute! He loves to coo at the little elephant and giggles at the little lion. He tries to bat the monkey just to hear it rattle. As he starts to get bigger I know he'll be able to interact with the toys much better. For now, he just likes to stare at them. What's also great is that when he gets too big for the activity gym, I can hang the mat on the wall in his room! Love!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Cute Play Mat, October 23, 2013
Chan (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
The mat material is fairly thin to just put on a hard wood floor which is what we have in our home so I have to buy another layer underneath it. My son had a great time with it when he was three month-old and a month later, I could tell that he is getting a little bored with the dangling toys now. But I think he will get back to it when he have better hand coordination, and can sit up to play with the stuffed animals since the animals can be unhooked, and played with individually.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny!, April 24, 2014
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
We got this for our daughter when she was two weeks old. She is now 4 months old and still loves it. The whale has music when pressed and for some reason ours ran out of battery after a month but we emailed skip hop and they responded right away and sent us a new one immediately (it has now lasted for 3 months so far) --- great & fast customer service. the mat & pillow are machine washable and all the toys are interchangeable. We always move the toys around depending on where the baby's legs are when we place her on the mat, as she loves to kick the elephant that rattles and to grab the arms and legs of the zebra. We also take a couple of the toys with us when we leave the house - it hangs perfectly in our (stokke) stroller. If you are looking for a playmat that isn't overly stimulating with bright colors/lights/sounds, this mat is right for you - it has just the right amount of stimulation for the baby - we believe flashing lights and loud music can be too much stimulation for a young baby and can result in the baby not settling well for her naps. This mat is colorful yet subtle; we've received many compliments from friends that come over because it is unlike all the other playmats on the market; this one is actually pleasant to look at and won't clash with your home decor. The 100% cotton is also a huge plus. It is a great way to get things done around the house before the baby starts learning how to roll. We were able to fix meals, eat, and clean while leaving the baby to have a good kick alone on the playmat. For all the reasons above, it is worth the extra money spent on a playmat that your baby will use at least 3-4 times a day and one that won't be an eyesore for the parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
My three-month-old son LOVES this toy. It buys me a good 15-20 minutes in the morning, because he likes to play in it when he first wakes up and doesn't even notice I'm gone! He loves batting at and kicking the animals, and he talks to them quite enthusiastically. Most of them make noise, but interestingly his favorite seems to be the zebra, which does not-- perhaps the graphic striping is enough? The little pillow was very useful when he was too small to really reach the toys by himself, but I really don't use it anymore. When he's on his tummy he doesn't seem particularly interested in the mat activities just yet, but perhaps that will change as he gets older.

As it is, I am SUPER happy with this product and wish they offered additional animal toys so I could switch them out for a little variety!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby LOVES it!, September 26, 2013
monkeykupo (Cambridge, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
This is baby's first toy, and she loves it! We put the whale at the top and she likes to look at the mirror on its underbelly. We found that having all of the animals hanging at once was a bit overstimulating, but one or two are perfect for our 7 week old.

Also, the little pillow that came with it is perfect for tummy time. She wouldn't do tummy time for more than a few seconds before wailing her head off, but now, we put the little pillow under her arms and she loves it.

The other bonus with this mat as compared to the treetop friends mat is that it fits perfectly over a 3x3 set of interlocking mats to make sure baby is safe during play time (not too firm so she can hurt herself, and not too soft so that she can't sleep on it).

5.0 out of 5 stars well made activty pad, August 31, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
Attractive and well made. Was easy to assemble. Bought to entertain granddaughter. Only 1 month old so she just lays and looks at hanging toys. Will update in future.

Granddaughter now 6 months. Still enjoys activity mat. Can actually grasp specific toys. Prefers zebra and musical whale. The pillow aided greatly with developing tummy time to strengthen neck muscles. Attached toys to mat acts as incentive for crawling. She is now in teething and drolling stage. Toys and mat are washed regulary. Machine wash mat and line dry. Has held up fine. Toys washed by hand. Very pleased with longevity of usage both in durability of material and especially length of toy usage and enjoyment by granddaughter.

4.0 out of 5 stars great activity mat!, August 1, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
The design is great - simple (not too busy) and fun. My baby really loves laying on it and playing with the animals hanging above. It's nice that you can move them around and the pillow is great for tummy time! The reason I'm giving it 4 instead of 5 starts is because the mat isn't as cushioned as I'd like. I always put a towel and soft blanket underneath it (we have hardwood floors, so a more cushioned mat is better for the baby).

Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym