Published on June 19, 2012 by Laura Collins

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but will be returned!!!
Published 16 months ago by NH

5.0 out of 5 stars As a Mom who likes to make a lot of her own stuff I LOVE this toy! And my son does too!, June 19, 2012
Laura Collins (RIVERSIDE, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I make a lot of my kids stuff because sometimes I just can't find the quality I want. I just received the Skip Hop soft activity toy today, and went right on here to write a review. It is really beautifully made. So many different fabric textures, and the little animals pictured are multidimensional and adorable. This toy has the character and quality of something lovingly handmade. My son was fussy a minute ago and as soon as I gave him this toy he was immediately engaged. He is currently enjoying chewing on the banana :D Really great toy. Would definitely recommend it. And a huge plus, the little strap to hook it onto car seat/stroller/anything. It will be coming with us on walks from now on. Thanks skip hop for another adorably great toy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Daughter Loves It!, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
I did a lot of research before purchasing this because a lot of the mainstream brands can't be trusted with what type of materials they use in construction (nasty plastics), many are toxic and won't even disclose what they've used. While this isn't perfect (I was looking for 100% cotton), it was the best option I could find on the market. Our daughter loves the elephants, both the one that dangles and the one on the mat with the polka-dot ear that crinkles. The whale that has music and the mirror underneath is also a big hit with her. We've had this for a few months now and I've washed the mat a couple times as well as the toys (can't wash the whale, of course) and they've all faired beautifully. Plus, I don't really think it's that much more expensive than some of the other options. For us, it was worth the price. I would definitely recommend and purchase again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, January 28, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
I was looking for something that was gender neutral and a little bit more modern looking, and this product definitely fits the bill.
As a first time mom I've struggled with the overwhelming number of obnoxious themed baby items and the high price tag of anything that isn't. This gym is bright and fun enough for my little girl to love it without being an eyesore for everyone else.
The animals are adorable with a variety of textures and noises that keep her entertained for hours, plus, they're detachable so she can play with them in the car or crib and other toys can be hung in their place when she's needing a change.
I've also been very impressed with how well it has washed- I'm a touch on the OCD side of things so the mat and toys have been washed numerous times in the past 5 months but don't show any signs of wear.
I would definitely recommend this!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very cute but will be returned!!!, July 30, 2013
I love the look and functionality of this mat BUT I will be returning it. The fillers used to make the mat padded comes out of the fabric when my son moves around on the mat. I noticed the white thread/fiber balls all over the mat the first time we used it and more kept coming out as we use it. My son almost ingested one of the thread/fiber balls and the fibers can definitely be inhaled by a baby while on tummy time or rolling around in this mat. I'm really disappointed since this is the best looking play mat I've seen, but it's just not safe for my 4 month old son or any baby!

2.0 out of 5 stars not an activity book, December 8, 2012
I was very disappointed in this item. There are no "activities" except for a crinkle sound and a small mirror. The colors are not bright, as shown in the photo, but rather muted and muddy. For what it is, this item is overpriced and will not capture a child's imagination or interest for long. I would not buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, August 15, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
I am very happy I choose this activity gym. My 8 week old loves it! My little one is very interested in the toys that come with this gym. They keep his attention and make him want to slap at them and grab them. The toys hang down low enough where he is able to actually grab them which is great! The only concern I have with the mat is that since the toys hang down lower they can be in the way a little for tummy time. However, it isn't to the point where it is a problem. The mat does have a lot on it to help promote tummy time. I would suggest this to any of my friends and would love to have another one to take to work for my little one; right now I have a lower prices mat at work and it doesn't keep his interest as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars tummy time friend, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
Just received this as a gift from my sister in law for my 5 month old and so far he loves it! The little pillow is great for tummy time, as it props him up nicely. The mat is so soft and plush and very good quality, which makes feel better knowing that he's comfortable. The littler animals are just too cute! He loves to coo at the little elephant and giggles at the little lion. He tries to bat the monkey just to hear it rattle. As he starts to get bigger I know he'll be able to interact with the toys much better. For now, he just likes to stare at them. What's also great is that when he gets too big for the activity gym, I can hang the mat on the wall in his room! Love!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Cute Play Mat, October 23, 2013
Chan (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym (Baby Product)
The mat material is fairly thin to just put on a hard wood floor which is what we have in our home so I have to buy another layer underneath it. My son had a great time with it when he was three month-old and a month later, I could tell that he is getting a little bored with the dangling toys now. But I think he will get back to it when he have better hand coordination, and can sit up to play with the stuffed animals since the animals can be unhooked, and played with individually.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's fun but bit smell, March 5, 2013
My boy loves this activity book, it could brings lots fun. Only one slight problem is this book got bit smell, I guess could be the new material, tried wipe it with damp cloth, but seems doesn't work. So I avoid my boy chewing with it, and put it away for a while wait for the strange smell fading away.

1.0 out of 5 stars flaps sewn right over the words, January 3, 2013
I was disappointed when I received this book. The flaps for the fox were sewn over the words so you can't read it. It definitely was not worth the money.

Skip Hop Alphabet Zoo Activity Gym