Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback

on November 6, 2009
I absolutely LOVE our Skip Hop Activity Mat and so does our 8 week old son. When shopping for baby playmats, I narrowed it down between the Boppy Entertain Me Play Gym and the Skip Hop and I am glad I chose this. What I love most about this product is it's beautiful, modern and simple design, compared to the overly busy playmats available on the market. Even the animals have a distinct, modern look that both grown-up and children alike can enjoy. This playmat looks great in our modern home and modern nursery.

Our 8 week old son first looked at the pig and cooed, then took a liking to the cow that has a mirror on it and he just stared and cooed with more delight. All the hanging animals have a fun developmental and interactive feature. The sheep plays a musical song when pressed, the cow has a mirror, the rabbit is attached to a rattle and the pig has a whimsical chime. Even the mat itself has developmental play pieces for baby to discover - the cow squeaks, the duck has a crinkly wing and the rabbit has a velcro carrot that rattles. It also comes with a mini pillow for tummy time which we have used, but it is pretty small and looks like it will get outgrown quickly. It's perfect for now though. The mat is a nice sized square and feels like a well-made quilt.

It is a stylish playmat for design-conscious parents and a functional/interactive developmental toy for babies.
on April 3, 2011
Great looking mat with less garish colors than other mats. My baby loved it for the first few months, when he was mostly playing with the dangling toys. The nice thing about this mat vs. the Tiny Love one I have is that the toy arch is a little higher, so the toys don't dangle too close to my baby's face.

Once my baby really started staying on his tummy, though, this mat unfortunately didn't really interest him anymore. A friend happened to have given me a Tiny Love mat -- with lights and music -- and my guy prefers that one now. The Tiny Love mat has more to interest babies who are on their tummies -- multiple crinkly things, lights, nice mirror. Also, with all the drool that comes with a baby on his/her tummy, the fabric on the Tiny Love mat dries much more quickly than this one.
on December 1, 2012
So I scored this mat for $5 at a garage sale yesterday. Now I'm staring at my Tiny Love mat and the Skip Hop mat side by side on my floor. While the Skip Hop's muted colors appeal to my aesthetic senses, the Tiny Love mat has more to offer my baby girl. Here's a breakdown that will explain why I'm choosing to sell the Skip Hop mat and keep my Tiny Love mat.

Pros of Skip Hop mat:
-Cute design that appeals to adults
-Higher arch so toys dangle at what seems to be the perfect distance above my baby
-Nice sturdy storage bag with handle so I can stick it under the couch without it getting dirty
-Love the little chic's furry and crinkly wing- my baby liked that right away

Cons of Skip Hop mat:
-Muted colors that are not as appealing to an infant's eyes (my 2.5 year old agreed with this)
-Huge con to me: The loops that you hang the toys on are SEWN on and I very much doubt they will last through the next 2 kids I plan to have (yes I plan to have 2 more kids lol)
-The bendy bars snap in to big plastic clips like those on a stroller or Ergo carrier and those clips are on the floor part of the mat and the baby can roll onto them
-No mirror or music options

Pros of Tiny Love mat:
-Bright contrasting colors with a playful kid design
-Metal hole snaps pressed into fabric that toys hang from (These WILL last forever and for all my kids)
-Metal snaps to snap the bendy bars in on each corner so it pops up camping tent style- no clips for my baby to roll onto
-Lots of crinkly, noisy, fuzzy, furry, and squeaky
-Big mirror that has 4 different music options- one being that it plays music when they kick it (I like this setting because it's not playing all the time and the infant feels a sense of achievement (I would guess lol).

Cons of Tiny Love mat:
-Bars' arch is lower by what looks like an inch, which for some reason made a difference
-The metal holes to hang toys from are too small for most of my plastic hanging rings so I have to use the ones that came with the mat and take them off other toys or figure out a way
-I can't find the bag! But hey- good news! It fits in the Skip Hop bag!!!

So there ya go- I could maybe find more things to nitpick, but I'm a mommy and the littlest one is pulling the bigger one's hair and the bigger one just helped roll the little one over on the mat that she is now sick of playing with. Bye!
on September 14, 2009
My son loves this thing! He can stare in the mirror and bat at the toys for hours! It's durable, easy to clean (no fading after the first few washes!), and it's pretty nice looking for a baby mat (plastic free!!!).
on March 8, 2012
I have 3 kids. This is the 4th activity gym I bought over the years. I have had the Tiny Love Deluxe, a Baby Einstein and a Fisher Price one. The Fisher Price one was great but they don't make it anymore. Well, got this one and love it! Don't waste your money on the Tiny Love ones. They are cheaply made and tacky. I loved the pad on this one and the colors and toys are lovely. The colors are not super bright and annoying. It's just right for little babies. My 3 month old daughter loves it. The toys that comes with it are easy to remove and carry around if needed. Super easy to put together. I always look into several models and reviews before purchasing anything and I think this is by far one of the best. I just wish it was cheaper since there is nothing super elaborated on it. You can also purchase extra cute toys from same collection to add to it.
VINE VOICEon March 19, 2011
I love the mat, the pictures are just adorable. The piggy has a bell in it that almost sounds like a tinkling wind chime. The whole thing is put together pretty well, goes up fast and comes in a bag that can be used to transport it easily. I found the mat to be about the thickness I was expecting. I just wish it played a better Old MacDonald song. The one that it plays is at such a high pitch I feel like my ears are being abused. I usually like toy jingles, hardly ever find them annoying, but this one is almost unbearable. 4 stars because of the horrible song.
on July 29, 2012
I chose this brand because in my research I found that it is made of safe materials, which was important to me since she would spend a lot of time on it in her first months of life. I also like that it is square and bigger than some of the others. It's busy but not obnoxious and the colors are nice. This mat has some elements within it to entertain her (squeaker, carrot, crinkly wing, etc.) and a lot of attachments too. She isn't interested in all the animals, but it was a good purchase for us because of the pig. She just loves to whack; yell at; pull the curly tail; lick the fur; and suck on the feet of the pig that jingles.
on May 2, 2011
My 4 month old loves this mat!! He kicks the pig to hear the jingle, and the bunny rattle is one of his favorite toys. We take it with us everywhere! I loved the tummy pillow, since we've been using it, he can now lift himself easily on his arms with no complaining! Also while on this mat he found his toes and has been enthralled with them ever since. Great colors, and the animals are so cute! The only improvement I could see is adding more textures to the animals on the mat. Otherwise, an excellent buy and I'd definitely recommend to others!
on May 18, 2011
My 3 month old is loving this so far, and I'm sure he will get more interactive with it over the next few months! I love it too because it is classy looking and the materials are all high quality. I love the little animals that came with it, so cute! My only gripe is with the cow mirror-not really a mirror since it is completely distorted and the animal doesn't really look like a cow to me :) I use some ring links to dangle the animals down lower so my son can grab onto them. I think he will get a lot of use out of this mat and I'm glad I spent the money on something that really looks nice.
on September 28, 2009
After seeing many activity mats, I'm happy my mom got this one. The colors and graphics are bright, but not garish. There are plenty of textures and sounds to interest my 4-mo-old, but nothing that requires batteries or anything that would seem to overstimulate her. Additionally, there are plenty of loops on both the arches and the mat itself which I use to add some teething toys.

See 1 answered question