5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Owl Toy!
Published on November 17, 2010 by Jennifer Adams

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, Poor Quality, Broke Quickly
Published on March 12, 2011 by Beth

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Owl Toy!, November 17, 2010
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
I am currently expecting my second child and received this owl toy as a gift. It's soft and plush and has just enough interactive pieces to make it stimulating for an infant. I'm hoping the baby gets a chance to play with it. My 2.5 year daughter has adopted it as her own and absolutely adores it. She loves to put the little baby in and out of the pocket and fold closed the little wings. She's slept with it every night since we got it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, Poor Quality, Broke Quickly, March 12, 2011
Beth (Nashville, Tunisia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
I thought this owl was adorable and has so many things that a baby should be interested in - a teether, a mirror, crinkly sounds, something to take apart (the baby owl comes out)... but no. My 10 month old is not interested in it at all. It is passed over for her simpler (and cheaper) toys. But THEN yesterday she was actually playing with it and I left her alone for a few minutes and came back... wondering what was in her hands. It was the wooden ring, BROKEN in half with half of it in her mouth. SCARY! I am so disappointed that a supposedly high quality toy would break so quickly - never mind the fact that she could have choked on it! This is the second Skip Hop product I have been disappointed with and I'm starting to think they do not test their products in the real world.

1.0 out of 5 stars My 6 mo old broke it, November 4, 2011
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
My tiny 6 month old broke the wooden ring in half playing with it. And this thing cost $18. Disappointed doesn't cover it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken ring is choking hazard, November 6, 2011
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
I cannot believe this product is not recalled! My son had a broken piece of the wooden ring in his mouth today. If I was not right next to him he would have choked on it. The danger of this product far outweighs the cuteness. Please be very careful if your family owns this owl.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Ring!!!, August 21, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
The wooden ring snapped in half while my son, 6 months old, was playing with the owl!!! Right before it broke, it was in his mouth. I have written to the company and they never even responded! I will never buy a skip-hop product again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous! Wooden ring shattered into tiny pieces!, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
My son absolutely loved this toy, but one morning while playing on the carpet with it, the wooden ring shattered into 4 small chunks for no apparent reason.

Being a typical 1 yr old, my son grabbed a small piece of wood and stuck it in his mouth and started gagging on it. Thankfully my husband was there and quickly removed the piece before my son could choke on it.

Please be careful!

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken product and worst customer service, September 28, 2011
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
I received this product and after 5 minutes of my baby playing with it, the wood part of came off. I tried to glue it but it was just impossible. I contacted a customer service regarding this by email but after about 2 weeks, I still haven't heard from them. I re-send my emails several times but still no reply.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, soft and definitely will hold baby's attention, December 7, 2010
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
Expecting a newborn girl any day now. In prep, I decided to pick this up. We're doing a forest theme so owls fit right in. Plus this toy was rated very highly in one of the baby magazines, it may have even been #1 baby toy of the year.
the toy squeaks, rattles, and crinkles.
it's about the size of a large magazine.
seems well made.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing poor quality!, February 2, 2011
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
This toy has proven to be of a very poor quality. Don't get me wrong, my son loved it, but after just three weeks of use, the seams of one of the wings burst out. So now, the wing leaves some of its contents out while who knows what can go in. Oh, when I bought it, it was back-ordered, so I guess this is due to rushed production to meet the Christmas demands? Use always under close supervision.

1.0 out of 5 stars wooden ring BROKE IN HALF!, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl (Baby Product)
This toy was awesome and my 5 month old loved looking at the big eyes and feeling the crinkly wings. And then the toy got dropped and the wooden ring split in two! Total choking hazard, yikes!!! I called Skip Hop and told them my owl had broken and they asked, "The ring broke?" before I even got specific so this must be a very common problem. They gave me a credit to purchase another but I will not be replacing the owl! Super cute toy, but very dangerous and terrible quality wood.

Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl