Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Color: OwlChange

on November 17, 2010
I am currently expecting my second child and received this owl toy as a gift. It's soft and plush and has just enough interactive pieces to make it stimulating for an infant. I'm hoping the baby gets a chance to play with it. My 2.5 year daughter has adopted it as her own and absolutely adores it. She loves to put the little baby in and out of the pocket and fold closed the little wings. She's slept with it every night since we got it.
11 comment63 of 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2011
I thought this owl was adorable and has so many things that a baby should be interested in - a teether, a mirror, crinkly sounds, something to take apart (the baby owl comes out)... but no. My 10 month old is not interested in it at all. It is passed over for her simpler (and cheaper) toys. But THEN yesterday she was actually playing with it and I left her alone for a few minutes and came back... wondering what was in her hands. It was the wooden ring, BROKEN in half with half of it in her mouth. SCARY! I am so disappointed that a supposedly high quality toy would break so quickly - never mind the fact that she could have choked on it! This is the second Skip Hop product I have been disappointed with and I'm starting to think they do not test their products in the real world.
99 comments167 of 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
My tiny 6 month old broke the wooden ring in half playing with it. And this thing cost $18. Disappointed doesn't cover it.
0Comment34 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 6, 2011
I cannot believe this product is not recalled! My son had a broken piece of the wooden ring in his mouth today. If I was not right next to him he would have choked on it. The danger of this product far outweighs the cuteness. Please be very careful if your family owns this owl.
0Comment49 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2012
My son absolutely loved this toy, but one morning while playing on the carpet with it, the wooden ring shattered into 4 small chunks for no apparent reason.

Being a typical 1 yr old, my son grabbed a small piece of wood and stuck it in his mouth and started gagging on it. Thankfully my husband was there and quickly removed the piece before my son could choke on it.

Please be careful!
0Comment16 of 19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2013
The wooden ring snapped in half while my son, 6 months old, was playing with the owl!!! Right before it broke, it was in his mouth. I have written to the company and they never even responded! I will never buy a skip-hop product again.
on December 7, 2010
Expecting a newborn girl any day now. In prep, I decided to pick this up. We're doing a forest theme so owls fit right in. Plus this toy was rated very highly in one of the baby magazines, it may have even been #1 baby toy of the year.
the toy squeaks, rattles, and crinkles.
it's about the size of a large magazine.
seems well made.
0Comment17 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2011
I received this product and after 5 minutes of my baby playing with it, the wood part of came off. I tried to glue it but it was just impossible. I contacted a customer service regarding this by email but after about 2 weeks, I still haven't heard from them. I re-send my emails several times but still no reply.
0Comment44 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2011
This toy has proven to be of a very poor quality. Don't get me wrong, my son loved it, but after just three weeks of use, the seams of one of the wings burst out. So now, the wing leaves some of its contents out while who knows what can go in. Oh, when I bought it, it was back-ordered, so I guess this is due to rushed production to meet the Christmas demands? Use always under close supervision.
0Comment13 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2011
We have had this toy for about 3 months and my 8 month old son loves playing with it. It is very cute and since it has the different features he hasn't gotten bored with it yet. Recently he was playing with this, shaking it and hitting it on the table and the foot ring thing broke right in half. It was a clean break but I am sure the two pieces are choking hazards, luckily I was with him when it broke.
review image