Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop Hug and Hide Activity Toy, Owl
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Color: Owl|Change

on November 17, 2010
I am currently expecting my second child and received this owl toy as a gift. It's soft and plush and has just enough interactive pieces to make it stimulating for an infant. I'm hoping the baby gets a chance to play with it. My 2.5 year daughter has adopted it as her own and absolutely adores it. She loves to put the little baby in and out of the pocket and fold closed the little wings. She's slept with it every night since we got it.
on March 12, 2011
I thought this owl was adorable and has so many things that a baby should be interested in - a teether, a mirror, crinkly sounds, something to take apart (the baby owl comes out)... but no. My 10 month old is not interested in it at all. It is passed over for her simpler (and cheaper) toys. But THEN yesterday she was actually playing with it and I left her alone for a few minutes and came back... wondering what was in her hands. It was the wooden ring, BROKEN in half with half of it in her mouth. SCARY! I am so disappointed that a supposedly high quality toy would break so quickly - never mind the fact that she could have choked on it! This is the second Skip Hop product I have been disappointed with and I'm starting to think they do not test their products in the real world.
99 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
My tiny 6 month old broke the wooden ring in half playing with it. And this thing cost $18. Disappointed doesn't cover it.
on November 6, 2011
I cannot believe this product is not recalled! My son had a broken piece of the wooden ring in his mouth today. If I was not right next to him he would have choked on it. The danger of this product far outweighs the cuteness. Please be very careful if your family owns this owl.
on July 26, 2014
I read the other reviews of these toys and knew to expect the wooden ring to be a problem. I couldn't resist the deal I found from Amazon Warehouse, though, so I bought it anyway. I took the monkey out of the package and immediately gave the wood ring a single light tap on my desk. It shattered into 4 pieces. I tossed them and replaced it with a plastic loop ring we already had. Now, we have a great little safe toy. My 8-month old daughter is very interested in the crinkle sounds of the arms and the squeaker in the baby monkey. The whole thing makes a gentle wind-chime noise when it is moved. I don't think of the baby in the pouch as an odd marsupial monkey, like another reviewer mentioned. The pouch is a print fabric, not fur. I tell my daughters the mommy is wearing the baby.

The wood ring is a hazard and absolutely unacceptable. There should be a recall. This danger needs to be corrected immediately, and this toy should not be sold until it is fixed. The majority of consumers will not read reviews and be aware they should remove the dangerous ring before giving it to their child. I still give it 3 stars, because it is a nice toy when the ring is removed.
on August 21, 2013
The wooden ring snapped in half while my son, 6 months old, was playing with the owl!!! Right before it broke, it was in his mouth. I have written to the company and they never even responded! I will never buy a skip-hop product again.
on March 27, 2012
My son absolutely loved this toy, but one morning while playing on the carpet with it, the wooden ring shattered into 4 small chunks for no apparent reason.

Being a typical 1 yr old, my son grabbed a small piece of wood and stuck it in his mouth and started gagging on it. Thankfully my husband was there and quickly removed the piece before my son could choke on it.

Please be careful!
on December 14, 2011
We have had this toy for about 3 months and my 8 month old son loves playing with it. It is very cute and since it has the different features he hasn't gotten bored with it yet. Recently he was playing with this, shaking it and hitting it on the table and the foot ring thing broke right in half. It was a clean break but I am sure the two pieces are choking hazards, luckily I was with him when it broke.
review image
on September 28, 2011
I received this product and after 5 minutes of my baby playing with it, the wood part of came off. I tried to glue it but it was just impossible. I contacted a customer service regarding this by email but after about 2 weeks, I still haven't heard from them. I re-send my emails several times but still no reply.
on December 7, 2010
Expecting a newborn girl any day now. In prep, I decided to pick this up. We're doing a forest theme so owls fit right in. Plus this toy was rated very highly in one of the baby magazines, it may have even been #1 baby toy of the year.
the toy squeaks, rattles, and crinkles.
it's about the size of a large magazine.
seems well made.