Published 10 months ago by Legomom

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute product, but unhappy with durability
Published on July 27, 2012 by Ashley J

5.0 out of 5 stars Great overnight bag for kids - just note that it is the size of a standard backpack though, November 15, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Monkey (Accessory)
I bought 2 for my boys (17 months and 4 1/2 yrs old) for our trips to visit family out of state. We go several times a year and I have always put their clothes in a huge bag with mine or used one bag for them to share which would lead to the 4 year old digging for his clothes and mixing them all up. I wanted them to have their own bags from now on, especially for the 4 year old because he now packs his won clothes (using a checklist of pictures) and then he can get himself dressed on the trip without mixing up his clothes with his brother's. Note that this is about the size of a regular/adult size backpack with wheels and handle. It's not really a luggage or suitcase per se.

How much can you fit?
For the 4 year old, I was able to fit a week's worth of clothes in the summer - 7 tops, 7 shorts, 7 underwear, 7 socks, 3 pajamas to wear twice each, and swim shorts. I wash all the laundry on the 6th day if we stay a week or more. In colder weather it will be less that fits in here due to the clothes being bigger. I used it in the fall and was able to fit about 4-5 long sleeve shirts and 2 short sleeve shirts, 5-6 pants, 7 underwear, 7 socks, and 3 pajamas.
For the 17 month old, I was able to fit a week's worth of clothes for both the summer and fall trip, with room for 2 aden and anais muslin swaddle blankets (he uses as his bedtime blankies) and an Ikea Spoka nightlight with the charger. I think I also had an extra outfit for him just in case. Also, I put the diapers and wipes in my bag, there's no way to fit a week of those in here with clothes.

It pushes the bag to it's limits for a full week trip, but anything less than that and you would gain some room for a toy or books. We bought the little matching backpacks for them to pack toys and books in though and that works for us. Granted, its 2 more bags to carry, pack in the car, and keep track of however then the toys and books are more portable to take around and they don't have to dig in the luggage for those items. Usually the luggage is upstairs in the guest room and the backpack is downstairs in the living room, so it makes sense for our trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the Skip Hop Zoo line, July 18, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Monkey (Accessory)
I recently purchased this for my son as an adorable addition to his set of the matching monkey backpack and lunchie (lunch bag) from the same line. I already love those two items and am initially impressed with this item as well. The luggage is appropriately sized for a child and it makes it fun for him to use when traveling. The wheels are easy to roll forwards or backwards and the item seems to be well-made for the price, as is typical for other Skip Hop items I've owned. The smaller front pocket has a divider that helps with organization and the cup/bottle holder on the side is a kid-friendly addition. Keep in mind that you can't have it filled with any liquids when going through an airport security line, though.
The big interior pocket of the bag is roomy enough to pack enough clothing for a child for a weekend trip. The parent strap makes it so you can easily sling the bag over a shoulder if the child gets tired of pushing/pulling it, but a more thoughtful detail would have been to include 2 straps so it could be carried as a backpack. I also think that the zipper pull details are a cute touch (bananas for the monkey bag. Other designs have design coordinating pulls as well.) Note that the pulls for the large compartment can get a little dirty and drag on the ground if they are zipped all the way down to the bottom corner of the bag. To avoid this, just make sure they are adjusted to be somewhere else when zipping the bag shut.
The bag is very lightweight on its own. It also has a detail that's not pictured on the stock photos here on Amazon: there's a little tab on the center of the back of the bag to tuck the parent strap away when not in use. This keeps it from swinging around and getting in the way.
I'll update my review in a few months after I've used the bag a bit more, but I'm glad I made the purchase for now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cute product, but unhappy with durability, July 27, 2012
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Monkey (Accessory)
I ordered this Skip-Hop travel tote before my two-year-old son's first plane ride to Lake Tahoe. I wanted something to store his snacks, toys, books, etc. for the flight, and liked that he could pull this, or we could use it as a backpack if he got tired of it. The nice parent strap feature on the back is perfect for restless toddlers who may not want to lug their own suitcase around for an extended period of time.

The suitcase arrived quickly and I was immediately impressed with the results. We already have the Skip-Hop backpack and lunchie, and I love the size and detail of each. I like that it zips the entire way around, creating easy access to pack and unpack, and like the juice pocket on the side, and small pouch on the front. Most of all, my son loved pulling it around, and felt very proud to have his very own suitcase for his very first vacation.

Fast forward to the airport and our first connecting flight in Chicago. We put my son in his stroller and as we went to use the parent strap, a plastic piece broke off, breaking the strap in half. It immediately became less functional, as we couldn't use it as a backpack and were forced to roll it behind our other luggage. We used it for a total of six hours and already the bag is shot! Since one of the reasons I purchased this was for the parent strap, I would have been better off buying the $20 plastic children's case at Target!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun luggage for casual travel & play., September 5, 2014
J (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
Length:: 2:15 Mins

The first thing I will say is that skip hop makes cute products that kids love. This item looks exactly like the pictures and my 3 y/o daughter loves it. It hasn't been on trips yet, but Im looking forward to it getting more use in the months ahead.

Likes:
Cute
Vibrant
Fun
Materials well constructed, and seem durable
Multiple options for portability and carry (handle/wheels/carry strap)

Opportunities:
Ears, for the moment, snag on the dog-bone-shaped zipper pulls when passing over either ear, in either direction. Im hoping this goes away as the bag settles and isn't so new.
Pockets - one large one on the front, and one unsecured side pocket. I wish there were a couple more ways to divide the space within/on the bag. An easy addition would be a secured zipper pocket on the outer opposing side. They could even add a mesh stretchy liner on the inside back or front flap, etc. Just something to help keep the bag more tidy.

Overall this bag is a big hit and the opportunities for improvement are nit-picky at best; if it was refined again with these wishes for next year I would buy a second one in a heartbeat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my 2 year old, December 30, 2013
I bought this item to fill it with toys to keep my toddler entertained during a really long travel. It was perfect size to fit a magna doodle, puzzles, string a farm, coloring book, crayons, fruit puches, milk and clothes and it still had plenty of space left. I also loved the mesh pocket for easy access to his sippy. My boy had no trouble pulling it through the airport, it was smooth and perfect length (handle). The parent strap is neat for when little kids get tired. It hold well and the colors are beautiful. I would totally recommend this product to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars great hit, July 21, 2013
I don't know how the parent strap has help up, per the reviews of others, but this was an instant hit with the 3 year-old giftee, who immediately began packing it with belongings and pulling it around. A great help to my niece, the single mom who was traveling with her!

1.0 out of 5 stars not functional, February 11, 2014
this is not functional luggage.... my 3 and 1/2 yr old daughter used this and the luggage is not pull-able...

5.0 out of 5 stars great for my toddler, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Monkey (Accessory)
if your son is on daycare.. its a great bag for it.. has lots of room... do not get the other Stephen Johnson one... its way too mall for a rolling bag..

5.0 out of 5 stars This kid bag is great (no Monkey business), June 17, 2014
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Monkey (Accessory)
Our grandson loves it and it returned in excellent shape from a trip to Hawaii. Our grandson 14 months old felt important pulling his own luggage behind him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, February 1, 2014
This was a great purchase from awhile ago. We got it for our Dog as we travel or for boarding stays. Holds all his toys an treats etc. People always smile and laugh!

Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Monkey