Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop Zoo Melamine Plate and Bowl Set, Bee (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: bee|Style: Melamine Plate and Bowl Set|Change
Price:$10.91 - $49.99

on February 8, 2012
These are great dishes for a toddler. The biggest problem with most melamine kid's dishes on the market seems to be durability. I've tried a couple different brands only to end up with cracked plates or bubbling, peeling decals etc. after very very short periods of time. So far the Skip Hop dishes are proving to be much more durable. I haven' t noticed any scratching, fading or bubbling of the images, even washing daily in the dishwasher. They are also heavier than most dishes and actually feel sturdier. Since I don't care to buy new dishes - and add the old ones to the landfill - duarbility and longevity are very important to me.

Other pros for these dishes are that they are a nice size for toddlers. The bowl is perfect for cereal or soup. The ladybug and other patterns are also really cute. My two year old loves them. Additionally they are BPA free. The description on Amazon's website is not clear about this, however the manufacturer's website provides this info.
on April 27, 2014
I really like the set, it is very cute and felt nice and solid. Unfortunately, on the first use my son decided to drop it on the tile floor from the high chair tray. That was the end of the plate, it shattered into several pieces. I would have though a child's dinner ware would be made of a product that could withstand a drop from a high chair.
on July 29, 2013
I love the owl bowl and plate! My son is 8 months and the size is perfect. I would love to get the whole collection since there are no phthalates or bpa.
on February 20, 2013
I love all of Skip Hop's items because the are so darn cute. That being said, the hard plastic packaging was so difficult to cut open that it caused me to drop the plate on my kitchen floor (it's only no-wax linoleum - NOT ceramic tile) and it broke! I think it should have been able to withstand a single drop...after all, these are made for kids who may push them off a higchair tray, drop them, etc. I'm bummed.
on March 18, 2015
My son, Raine loves eating his veggies and fruit off the plate and bowl. No you should never put these in the microwave, and I have never put anything for my kid in a dishwasher. We hand wash over here. These are very thick & sturdy so there's less risk of breakage if you're clumsy like me & drop things a lot. I love that they have edges to grab onto we well. My boy is notorious for letting bowls slip out of his hands. 5⭐️ Products in my opinion!
review image
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 2, 2015
My son has the matching backpack to this plate set, and when I saw this set, I knew that he would absolutely LOVE it!
He always makes sure to eat out of his new plate, bowl etc. This makes super time super simple for me since, hes not much of an eater.
This set makes it interesting & fun...
Something I am very happy with & it definitely seems like my son is as well.
These wash very well & easy too. Wonderful set of products. I definitely recommend it!
on August 9, 2015
This set is great, with the exception of the silverware. The fork and spoon have some kind of plastic casing on the handles--this came loose in the dishwasher after light use and after that point the casing took on water with each wash and the penguins starting eroding off the handles. NEVER give a toddler parent something that cannot withstand abuse in the dishwasher! :) I peeled the casing off the utensils, and though the penguin is now completely gone, the fork and spoon are still usable. Still, this set was kind of expensive to have that kind of design flaw.

The plate, bowl, and cup are great. In over a year of use, no fading, and though they have been thrown from the high chair several times, no cracking.
on July 6, 2015
Not microwaveable. Pretty useless if you can't even heat anything up in the microwave. They look nice and cute, but our little one doesn't really notice to be honest. They're also pretty heavy and brittle.
on October 29, 2013
These are not made for toddlers who like to throw stuff on the floor...the day I bought this, my daughter dropped it from her chair and it broke into pieces..not kid friendly...1 star for cute design
on August 13, 2013
I bought several bowls, plates, forks, spoons and bottles from this collection. They are really cute, great for kids. I Can't comment about durability since I have not used them yet, but quality looks fine. Happy with my purchase for now.