Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Owl|Change

on December 6, 2012
**Update** Aug 7, 2015
We still regularly use this bag if we're planning to be away from the house a while. We've tossed it in the wash several times; it has minimal fading and we have never encountered color bleed. We regularly stash race cars/tractors, crayons, small books, a sippy cup, snack, and change of clothes. Definitely a cute and worthwhile purchase!

**Original Review**
I only bought this because I wanted to try a different bag (thinking out of the box, er, bag here) than the gigantic Jeep Weekender bag we have now. Diaper bags are like purses, the bigger they are the more stuff you feel you need to put in it! When I first got this Skip Hop pack I immediately agreed with other reviewers that it was way too small. HOWEVER, once I tried it out and put everything in it we'd need for a simple 2-3 hr outting, I found that SURPRISINGLY, everything fit just fine! Inside, I packed an extra outfit, a changing pad, a ziplock with crunchies, a ziplock with one stage 3 jar, one baby yogurt and a spoon, links with toy attached, and a wubbanub. Front pocket easily holds two diapers (maybe up to 4), small pack of wipes and a tube of diaper rash cream. Side pocket holds only a single bottle though. So far thats the only downside if you're planning to use this bag for an infant. Which is why I say it's good for a short outting. I haven't used it yet so I may have to update this review in a bit. I love it right now though! Hope this was helpful!
review image review image review image review image review image
44 comments|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2011
The backpack itself is adorable. I got it for my daughter who is in Kindergarten and she loves it. The only problem, and it is a significant one, is that it's not big enough to hold a single standard 8.5"x11" size folder. Which is quite disappointing for both of us. She really wants to wear it to school, but can't because her homework folder won't fit. If they would have made it just a couple of inches larger, the folder would fit perfectly and it would probably be the best backpack ever. That couple of inches difference makes it unusable for us.

If you don't need to fit anything in there that's as large as an unfolded sheet of standard size paper in there, I would recommend this backpack.
1616 comments|371 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 23, 2013
Careful! I received an imitation bag that was saying 'Colorful Pheonix' instead of 'Skip Hop'. I don't believe Amazon was doing this intentionally but they should have done better job what they are importing. Returning this.
1313 comments|181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 2, 2013
I was sooo excited to order this packback for my daughter and at such a great price. However, upon receiving the item from the seller FaShion Queen, I found that it was a counterfeit product with a tag that said, "Colorful Phoenix" and not Skip Hop. Attempting to return it and get a refund now. Will update review accordingly.

UPDATE:

I not only filed an issue with amazon but contacted Skip Hop directly just to let them know there was a company selling counterfeits. I received a refund from the seller and much to my surprise, Skip Hop sent my daughter an authentic backpack! They did not need to do that and because of their OUTSTANDING customer service, I am an even more loyal customer and will never hesitate to buy their products. Thank you Skip Hop!!!!
11 comment|226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2015
My daughter absolutely loves this backpack. It is super cute and the perfect size to hold all her treasures.
review image
on June 25, 2013
The backpack is super cute and seems well made and durable. May be better for daycare or preschool and not school aged children. Although the description states the dimensions of 10 x 4 x 11.5 inches, these are not accurate. It seems like it would fit enough things such as pencil box, blanket, extra set of clothes in it. The issue is your folder or papers will not fit length wise nor in diagonal, unless you don't mind bending them. The matching backpack and lunchbox are beautiful and hard to pass up. I will still use it but consider the measurements for your child's use.

Please view my pictures of the froggy backpack as references. Thanks.
review image review image review image
on October 23, 2013
This kids backpack was advertised as being a "skip hop" brand backpack which is what i was looking for. when it arrived, it was NOT from "skip hop" at all. While it looked similar, it was indeed another brand and had different ears, material, and tag pulls. It looked like a much cheaper version of the backpack i thought i had purchased. I would not buy from Trade-Mark again as they do not sell what they are advertising.
on October 6, 2010
Skip Hop and Amazon are both very specific re: the uses and dimensions of this backpack. At less than 12x 12 in and 4 inches deep, I don't know how you would expect it to work for school. People probably saw how cute it is and just figured it would magically work for that purpose just because they wanted it to. Isn't that enough? Why should they have to let the facts get in the way? That being said, at just under $20 the price is a little high for what it is able to be used for.

See the information below:

From Skip Hop:
Dog Zoo Pack
Guardian's Guide:

* Ages: 3 and up.
* Warranty: Lifetime Warranty for the Original Owner

Ideal for:

* Who: Kids ages 2 and up.
* What: Toting toys and snacks.
* Where: The playground, around town, and at the airport.

From Amazon:

Product Details
Color: Dog

* Product Dimensions: 10 x 4 x 11.5 inches ; 1 pounds
22 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
This backpack is ADORABLE. But, it's too small, even for my (at the time) small 6 year-old. However, it was just too cute to return, so she still uses it around the house and for short outings. It's the most adorable back pack I think I've ever seen. It won't hold binders, notebooks (except one of those composition books), but it'll hold smaller books, markers, activity books, tablets, hand held gaming devices, a few clothes, etc.
review image
on October 6, 2013
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THIS ITEM IS NOT THE GENUINE SKIP HOP ZOO PACK. IT IS FAKE FROM CHINA AND IT SMELLS BAD!!!!!!!