Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Shop Now HTL

on March 3, 2011
The backpack itself is adorable. I got it for my daughter who is in Kindergarten and she loves it. The only problem, and it is a significant one, is that it's not big enough to hold a single standard 8.5"x11" size folder. Which is quite disappointing for both of us. She really wants to wear it to school, but can't because her homework folder won't fit. If they would have made it just a couple of inches larger, the folder would fit perfectly and it would probably be the best backpack ever. That couple of inches difference makes it unusable for us.

If you don't need to fit anything in there that's as large as an unfolded sheet of standard size paper in there, I would recommend this backpack.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2013
on September 27, 2013
My friend and I Got a fake..I am so upset this seller..I Want to full refundSkip Hop Zoo Pack Little Kid Backpack, Owl
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 27, 2014
This backpack is ADORABLE. But, it's too small, even for my (at the time) small 6 year-old. However, it was just too cute to return, so she still uses it around the house and for short outings. It's the most adorable back pack I think I've ever seen. It won't hold binders, notebooks (except one of those composition books), but it'll hold smaller books, markers, activity books, tablets, hand held gaming devices, a few clothes, etc.
review image
on October 21, 2013
I was very disappointed to receive a fake skip hop bag. The picture and name clearly made it seem like I was buying an authentic product. I have purchased many different skip hop items form Amazon, but this is the first time I have received a fake. No use returning the item as the cost isn't worth it. I think Amazon should refund my money for allowing this to have occurred.
on September 7, 2013
This is a knock off, the zippers are poorly made the stitching is low quality. The true version is a definite upgrade.
on June 25, 2013
My 2 year old is obsessed with this back pack--she refuses to take it off!!!

We've had it about 2 weeks and i'm impressed with its quality. It is small... the perfect size for a toddler. **This back pack is not large enough for folders and wouldn't be appropriate for a kiddy attending grade school or even kindergarten for that matter.**

Does the job and we are all very satisfied with the purchase!
on May 12, 2012
My little one has had this backback for a little over 6 months. She got it for her 2nd birthday. At the time she was 35" tall. She LOVED this back from day one! She wears it all the time and wants to bring it on every outing. It is perfect for holding her toddler paraphernalia like a water bottle, sweater, sun hat, small wipes container, and a few toys.

Why I love this backpack:

Super lightweight, very easy for a toddler to carry without becoming a strain

Just enough organization with the pockets: The side pocket is perfect for her small sized water bottle (but not for a large of one), the front pocket is big enough to be quite useful for small items and snacks and the mesh portion holds in small items like sunglasses or crayons. The main compartment is roomy with an opening large enough to dig around in the bag. I could fill it with everything she might need for an overnight trip, 1 outfit of pants, shirt, shoes, socks, PJs, sun hat, sweater, water bottle, toothbrush, sunscreen, small toys. We've also used it as her carry-on and it was great easy for her to find her toys and carry through the airport.
The size limitation is good because it prevents one from overloading it and making it too heavy for little ones.

Zippers: The leaf shaped zipper pulls on the owl design are nice and big so little hands can still open the pockets easily.

Padded straps: The straps are lightly padded and the appropriate width for little shoulders AND if the parents end up having to carry it, the straps extend enough for an adult to wear it (and look super cool :-P ).

Owl Design: Too cute! Middle school girls comment on my daughter's backpack all the time saying how cute it is on her. It is fun without being sickly sweet like a branded pink princess character backpack. The ears of the owl tend to bend downward and not stay up like in the pic. All of the designs are adorable, I had a hard time deciding between the fox and owl.

**Cleanability: I recently noticed some random gross dirty blotches on the backpack. I put it inside a large mesh laundry bag and washed it in my front loader on normal. I hung it to dry with the zippers open. The next morning it was bone dry and looked as good as new!!!**

Construction: This is a quality children's item. It is fully lined and the details are sewn on, not glued, so even if she picks at the eyes and nose they are not coming off. The entire back is lightly padded, even if hard toys with corners are packed away they won't poke her through the back fabric. There is even a name tag sewn on the inside. The polka-dots are painted on and they show no wear after 6 hard months and a spin in the washing machine

Durability: I think that this backpack won't be toast until after she outgrows it. She is really hard on this little owl and it is still in great shape but I know the corners will be the first area to fray but that won't be for a long time.

I would absolutely buy this again. The price is great for a wonderful little backpack for toddlers. It is expensive enough to get great quality but still cheap enough that I don't worry about her messing it up- not that she could because it cleans up so easily.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 5, 2014
We bought this backpack for my older son when he was just about 2 years old. He's almost 5 now, and admittedly, outgrowing his little backpack. I can't believe how much use we got out of it. At first, it was just a present so that he could have a little "luggage" of his own with little surprises in a long airplane trip, and we used to carry a change of clothes, pull ups in it during outings when he was potty training (plus a snack). We still use it as everyday pack for day care, holding his blanket and sometimes a snack and given the 2+ years of everyday use, it is holding up great - much better than I ever expected. There only detail that I'm not crazy about is the outside cup holder, which is too short, and sippy cups tend to slide out of it somewhat easily. This hasn't stopped me from coming back for more - I'm here shopping for another one, for my younger son now.
on July 25, 2011
i bought this backpack to bring my baby's belongings back and forth from home to her daycare. it's fairly small, but stands up on its own and will fit an insulated lunch box, a couple of baby-sized sweaters / changes of clothes, and a light weight blanket. i've been very happy with it so far. it seems well made, so i expect it will last through a lot of abuse. i think the colors show up a bit more vibrant on screen than in person, but it's still super cute