4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product.
Really like the safety harness. It is well made and quite cute. The only problem was the strap (leash) part was too short and had to be replaced. Went and brought a pet leash at local store and just changed them out. Works great now and the toddler loves it. Would have given 5 stars if leash was longer.
Published 12 months ago by Melanie S.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice small backpack/leash
The leash is too small to actually be used, so we went to the pet store and purchases a longer one. It came in handy to keep my toddler at bay when trying to roam the airport while traveling. He also like to pack/unpack it...though he's not too fond of wearing it for longer than 10-15 minutes.
Published 9 months ago by Eric

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good product., November 25, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable, October 17, 2013
I never imagined that I would be one of those people who put a "leash" on their toddler but after an exhausting and frankly scary experience at the airport, I decided to try this harness. I love Skip Hop products because both moms as well as kids love them. And this harness is no different. My 18 month old loves wearing it because it is so cute and attractive and makes her feel like a 'big shot'. I don't use it that often, but in those situations where you prefer not to have a "runaway" baby this really does the trick. And now grandma can feel comfortable walking out doors without worrying that my very active toddler might get away from her. We even keep her sippy cup and snacks in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute & does the trick!, September 19, 2013
I got this for my 2 year old (extremely active) son - it does just the trick! I've been through several harness backpacks & all of them are either cheap & ultimately break, or the chest strap rides up on my son when he walks. The wrist strap is reinforced so it's nice & sturdy. The chest strap does not ride up since it's reinforced on both sides. The backpack doesn't hold much which is fine with me. Oh, & it's ridiculously cute ;) Order it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly for a toddler at Disneyland!, July 21, 2014
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Safety Harness, Monkey (Baby Product)
We purchased this backpack before we went to Disneyland, as we have a rambunctious two year old that I wanted to make sure stuck with us. The bag is adorable, and our son really liked that it was a monkey ("like monkey George!"). We were a little nervous that he would get really bothered by the harness aspect, but once he tried it out he was totally fine. The strap across his front was positioned well, so even if he started running away while you're holding the harness, it never seemed like it was choking him (like some other reviewers were worried about). The bag was the perfect size for a variety of snacks, which was perfect for Disney. Whenever we would wait in line he would always have his backpack on, and we could distract him with food. It's small enough though that it didn't seem to bother him to continue wearing it while on the rides. This aspect was awesome because we didn't have to carry anything extra with us while we waited in lines, we could just keep the rest of our stuff with the stroller. Overall, this backpack is both cute and functional: the perfect combo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for active toddlers!, July 9, 2014
My son is very active, and also very independent. He doesn't like to be cooped up in his stroller if he can help it, and this backpack is exactly what we needed! The backpack is adorable, and we can store some pull-ups and wipes and the occasional sippy cup in it no problem. The latch on the harness is nice and thick, as is the D ring on the backpack. I'm not afraid of anything snapping or ripping when my little man tries to run off on us. The build quality of the backpack is excellent, and the zipper runs nice and smooth.

I'm looking forward to bring this on vacation with us, so my son can be independent but still safe in a crowd.

We highly recommend this backpack!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, roomy, convenient and helpful! Love this little backpack!, August 18, 2014
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Safety Harness, Monkey (Baby Product)
This little backpack has been very helpful and is suprisingly roomy. It easily holds a change of clothes, suncreen, juicebox/snacks and a loose diaper and little pack of wipes - if you want your kid to carry it all! :)

Normally I just have him schlep his spare clothing, wipes and snacks for easy access and keep the rest in my tote or the stroller. But the point is.. . you could fit a lot into this if you so desired. I have not had much success with sippy cups fitting - but juice boxes fit well, germie gel containers, sunscreen, a pair of sunglasses for your child, fit nicely into the side pockets.

The tether is removable but is less than 3 feet long. You child has the freedom of walking alone but won't get very far. It works for us but I think a LITTLE longer would be nice. You could easily replace this with a nylon dog leash in red or brown and it wouldn't be obvious at all.

The harness and straps are slightly padded for comfort. Also, I like this canvas much better than some of the plush backback/harness options. I think this is cooler on the skin / back. Plush would be hot and sweaty, especially if you are using this at theme parks or on vacations in the Summer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice small backpack/leash, February 4, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Safety Harness, Monkey (Baby Product)
Keeps my defiant toddler within arms reach, and he carries an extra diaper and small pack of wipes in his backpack! Love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs and the needs of my toddler., September 24, 2014
Leslie Ann Lewis (San Antonio, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I looked at several different products before deciding on this one. The ones with the fuzzy animals were cute, but we live in San Antonio and I could just imagine my poor little one's sweating back, not to mention that the fuzzy ones don't have much in the way of storage. This pack is easy to use, difficult for chubby toddler fingers to escape, and had plenty of storage for her needs - a couple of Pull-Ups, a small sippy cup, and whatever the toy of the day is at the moment. The lead is just long enough to give her a bit of freedom while keeping her close. Our first outing with it was at the zoo and we received many compliments. Though she does adore bumblebees, I also chose this design due to the bright color so that in the event she did manage to pull the lead out of my hands, she would be easier to track.

5.0 out of 5 stars So CUTE!, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Safety Harness, Monkey (Baby Product)
This is a great little backpack for our two year old! It's made of sturdy materials, and it fits just enough of his little toys & books to keep him occupied while we're out and about.

Skip Hop Zoo Safety Harness, Monkey