5.0 out of 5 stars Got the BPA sticker off! Great cup.
The BPA free sticker comes off with PEANUT BUTTER! Leave it on for half an hour and then wipe off. When you're done you have an awesome, simple, easy to hold, easy to use, straw cup. Enjoy.
Published 21 months ago by Sandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great potential but straw falls short
Published 19 months ago by Michele Phan

3.0 out of 5 stars Great potential but straw falls short, May 9, 2013
My son immediately loved this cup and I had high hopes for it as it came with a replacement straw and the best part was, it didn't leak. Unfortunately, the straws just are not up to par. We've had the cup for less than one month and both straws that came with the cup have snapped off at the top. I looked on Amazon and Skip Hop to see if I could find replacement straws but unfortunately, no luck. I even contacted Skip Hop to see if I could purchase replacement straws and am very disappointed to say that I've not yet heard back from them and it has been 3 days since I contacted them through their website. Like I said in my title, the cup has great potential but the straw just falls short ...disappointing as it really is a cute cup and my son liked it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the BPA sticker off! Great cup., March 26, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT SAFE for small children!, September 17, 2014
We loved this cup in the beginning. It's adorable and easy for my toddler to use. Unfortunately, shortly after we got it my son was able to remove the flip-top part of the plastic lid and put the entire piece in his mouth. The piece is a small curved piece of plastic that slides across the lid to cover the straw. Anyway, he had it removed and in his mouth in SECONDS. We were at a play date at a friend's house and luckily I noticed right away. Getting the piece out of his mouth was difficult due to its shape and there is no hole or anything cut into the plastic to allow air to get through (as there is with pacifiers). Had I not been able to carefully extract the piece from his mouth, he very possibly could have choked right there in front of me and there would have been very little that I could have done.

The cup was still in great shape, only used a handful of times, and always washed by hand. There was no visible damage to the cup before the incident and afterward I found that it is very easy to snap the piece on and off. I contacted Skip Hop (the manufacturer) and they were attentive to the situation, however, I feel that I absolutely needed to post this review here because I hate the idea of this happening to someone else. The cup does not appear to have any lower age limit and is referred to as being for "little ones" and "toddlers" but it definitely should not be given to any young child who is prone to putting things in their mouths.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not leak proof if your toddler likes to turn the bottle upside down, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce (Baby Product)
I love Skip Hop products, but was disappointed with this bottle- it isn't totally leak proof. I ordered two bottles, and both have a small hole in the top, close to the straw. I presume this is a vent, but when the top is open liquid leaks out of this small hole. My toddler loves to shake the bottle, and once she discovered that liquid came out of top she thought it was fun to constantly turned the bottle upside down. We still use the bottles, but have to keep a close eye on our daughter while she uses them. On the plus side, the bottles do not leak when the top is closed. I also like that an extra straw is included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, though not perfect, January 18, 2013
A. E. Parker (Houston, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce (Baby Product)
I really do like this bottle, and that it is BPA free. My chief complaint is the sticker that says "BPA Free" as well as the barcode sticker on the bottom was extremely difficult to get off, and after multiple washings and soakings, I'm having to resort to GooBeGone to remove the residue. Cheap stickers that mar the surface should be banned!

I was a little confused at the straw as well, but after some testing I figured out how to assemble it so that there was good suction within the bottle. This item doesn't really come with instructions beyond "Hand wash recommended" and "Not for hot liquids."

I also appreciate the sliding cap that covers and bends the straw so that it doesn't leak if dropped or stored in a diaper bag. Very nice. I also appreciate that the plastic lost its plastic-y taste quickly. That's good when you have a kiddo who would much prefer water to plastic-tasting water... like everyone else on the planet.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, January 14, 2013
My son (2 yrs old) has the monkey backpack and lunch box so when I saw the water bottle, I figured we had to complete the collection. It's a good size bottle for him- not too big or heavy when filled. I like that there are 2 sets of the "insides", in case you lose a piece (the inside part that goes on the end of the straw is really tiny) or if you want to use the bottle a second day. But, I don't like that there are 3 pieces to the straw. It is dishwasher safe and I haven't had any problems with that. I will say that the BPA free sticker was so stuck on there, that I had to get goo-gone and it still had residual residue even after going through the dishwasher two times. I read that a few others said their bottles leaked, but we haven't had that problem. You have to put the outside mouth piece into the lid first and then put the straw into that in order for the whole thing to fit together properly. Otherwise, the bottle will leak because the straw isn't sealed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite straw bottle!, July 11, 2014
Kate (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This is our favorite straw bottle. It's less expensive than the thermos ones we were using previously and i like that the cap moves over to the side and sticks there so it's not flapping around or sticking out awkwardly while my daughter tries to drink. If she drops the bottle the cover sometimes pops off but it doesn't hurt anything and it snaps right back on.
It's easy to clean. I don't see any way for it to get moldy from water getting trapped and when the covers on it doesn't leak. We'll be buying more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Great, July 29, 2013
My 1 year old has been using this cup for a few months now and I'm not terribly impressed. The fact that it has a straw makes it easier for him to drink out of, but the cup has not withstood the test of time. The picture is peeling and a piece of the top has broken off. I will admit that my toddler has dropped it a few times and this has probably contributed to it's early failure. Honestly, I don't know too many toddlers who don't drop things. Overall a good idea, but needs to be a bit sturdier if it's to be used for this particular age group.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottle leaks quite a bit, July 11, 2013
I normally love Skip Hop products but unfortunately, the Zoo Straw Bottle falls short in a few areas. On the plus side, it's cute, sized right for small hands and BPA free Yay! On the con side, the bottle DOES leak when the slide is open, which it is if your toddler is drinking. The air hole is a small opening (no rubber stopper inside), so if turned upside down, the water just drip-drip-drips out. Also, there is a very narrow area in the cap by the straw hole that is very hard to clean. Our cap subsequently started to mold there. For these two important reasons and also the hassle to assemble the 2-part straws for drinking, this bottle had to be recycled. I would not recommend this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was our favorite bottle, June 11, 2014
The quality seems good, the straw and valve worked well, and it was definitely cute and matched the Skip Hop bumble-bee bags we purchased. Unfortunately, it didn't withstand a drop from about 4 feet in a department store. Perhaps it's just the way it landed (pretty square on the bottom) but the bottom cracked right around the little bump (injection molding plastic remnant) at the center of the base. Luckily I was in the baby section and bought a cheap replacement which I rinsed out in the restroom and transferred the drink to before it leaked out.

Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce