5.0 out of 5 stars Got the BPA sticker off! Great cup.
The BPA free sticker comes off with PEANUT BUTTER! Leave it on for half an hour and then wipe off. When you're done you have an awesome, simple, easy to hold, easy to use, straw cup. Enjoy.
Published 16 months ago by Sandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Great potential but straw falls short
Published 14 months ago by Michele Phan

5.0 out of 5 stars Got the BPA sticker off! Great cup., March 26, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Great potential but straw falls short, May 9, 2013
My son immediately loved this cup and I had high hopes for it as it came with a replacement straw and the best part was, it didn't leak. Unfortunately, the straws just are not up to par. We've had the cup for less than one month and both straws that came with the cup have snapped off at the top. I looked on Amazon and Skip Hop to see if I could find replacement straws but unfortunately, no luck. I even contacted Skip Hop to see if I could purchase replacement straws and am very disappointed to say that I've not yet heard back from them and it has been 3 days since I contacted them through their website. Like I said in my title, the cup has great potential but the straw just falls short ...disappointing as it really is a cute cup and my son liked it a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Super cute but..., August 27, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce (Baby Product)
I love skip hop. The monkey lunch box, the puppy plate... We have a ton of cute skip hop items. I'm disappointed in this for two reasons: The picture on the water bottle is painted on and scratched off pretty quickly and easily, and the strap handle got icky no matter how hard I tried to keep it clean. If there was a detachable strap for this I'd still recommend it, but with both of those issues, our cute water bottle is looking pretty shabby.,

2.0 out of 5 stars Bottle leaks quite a bit, July 11, 2013
I normally love Skip Hop products but unfortunately, the Zoo Straw Bottle falls short in a few areas. On the plus side, it's cute, sized right for small hands and BPA free Yay! On the con side, the bottle DOES leak when the slide is open, which it is if your toddler is drinking. The air hole is a small opening (no rubber stopper inside), so if turned upside down, the water just drip-drip-drips out. Also, there is a very narrow area in the cap by the straw hole that is very hard to clean. Our cap subsequently started to mold there. For these two important reasons and also the hassle to assemble the 2-part straws for drinking, this bottle had to be recycled. I would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars These bottles are great, May 29, 2014
Very sturdy and they DO NOT SPILL. My 9 month old was able to use these straw cups easily when he was still struggling with a sippy, so we bought several.

Like all Skip Hop items, they have the cute characters on them and coordinating colors. But honestly, we just mix and match any lid with any bottle and don't care that they don't match.

The little extension at the bottom of the straw tends to get lost in the dishwasher, so I'd recommend either handwashing or removing them entirely (they're not necessary- I think they're included to get the last little bit out of the bottle?).

The bottles come with a spare straw, which is really handy. The little attached lid that folds down over the straw prevents spills and can be opened and closed with one hand. This was the main feature we wanted in a soft straw bottle. We take cups of water everywhere with us for our son, considering we live in the hot south, but we just flip down the lid and strap the bottle to a diaper bag. No spills yet. Very happy with this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Great, July 29, 2013
My 1 year old has been using this cup for a few months now and I'm not terribly impressed. The fact that it has a straw makes it easier for him to drink out of, but the cup has not withstood the test of time. The picture is peeling and a piece of the top has broken off. I will admit that my toddler has dropped it a few times and this has probably contributed to it's early failure. Honestly, I don't know too many toddlers who don't drop things. Overall a good idea, but needs to be a bit sturdier if it's to be used for this particular age group.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not leak proof if your toddler likes to turn the bottle upside down, April 17, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce (Baby Product)
I love Skip Hop products, but was disappointed with this bottle- it isn't totally leak proof. I ordered two bottles, and both have a small hole in the top, close to the straw. I presume this is a vent, but when the top is open liquid leaks out of this small hole. My toddler loves to shake the bottle, and once she discovered that liquid came out of top she thought it was fun to constantly turned the bottle upside down. We still use the bottles, but have to keep a close eye on our daughter while she uses them. On the plus side, the bottles do not leak when the top is closed. I also like that an extra straw is included.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, though not perfect, January 18, 2013
A. E. Parker (Houston, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce (Baby Product)
I really do like this bottle, and that it is BPA free. My chief complaint is the sticker that says "BPA Free" as well as the barcode sticker on the bottom was extremely difficult to get off, and after multiple washings and soakings, I'm having to resort to GooBeGone to remove the residue. Cheap stickers that mar the surface should be banned!

I was a little confused at the straw as well, but after some testing I figured out how to assemble it so that there was good suction within the bottle. This item doesn't really come with instructions beyond "Hand wash recommended" and "Not for hot liquids."

I also appreciate the sliding cap that covers and bends the straw so that it doesn't leak if dropped or stored in a diaper bag. Very nice. I also appreciate that the plastic lost its plastic-y taste quickly. That's good when you have a kiddo who would much prefer water to plastic-tasting water... like everyone else on the planet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sippy cup, can be a little hard to drink from. Doesn't leak, July 10, 2013
This review is from: Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce (Baby Product)
I saw this in a store to replace a sippy I lost. Here's the thing, there really is no such thing as the perfect sippy but my requirements are straw operated, lid, doesnt leak (much) and easy washability. I'm super paranoid about mold but came to realize that these plastic cups just need to be replaced every once In a while. With plastic cups I only put water in. Milk just leaves an odor in plastics and molds faster. I turned this upside down with the lid on and shook it and no leaks!

The straw is very narrow and coupled with the bottom component, is a little difficult to drink from. Almost valve like. But that's also probably why it doesn't leak

Velcro strap is super handy and is attached to a removable plastic ring that goes around th neck of the bottle

Lid is also removable so that you can clean under it

Plastic is also thick and durable.

It's a good cup and super cheap!

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, January 14, 2013
My son (2 yrs old) has the monkey backpack and lunch box so when I saw the water bottle, I figured we had to complete the collection. It's a good size bottle for him- not too big or heavy when filled. I like that there are 2 sets of the "insides", in case you lose a piece (the inside part that goes on the end of the straw is really tiny) or if you want to use the bottle a second day. But, I don't like that there are 3 pieces to the straw. It is dishwasher safe and I haven't had any problems with that. I will say that the BPA free sticker was so stuck on there, that I had to get goo-gone and it still had residual residue even after going through the dishwasher two times. I read that a few others said their bottles leaked, but we haven't had that problem. You have to put the outside mouth piece into the lid first and then put the straw into that in order for the whole thing to fit together properly. Otherwise, the bottle will leak because the straw isn't sealed.

Skip Hop Zoo Straw Bottle, Owl, 12 Ounce