Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Shop Now Tikes

Color: OwlChange

on September 10, 2014
This bottles looks good, but not for a long time. I have two Skip Hop bottles and I don't want to buy it again - cause, very poor quality for such price. I used them about few months, but they look so bad, you may think that a few years.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 18, 2014
I have ordered four of these items for my kids over the period of a year and am already prepared to purchase them a couple of more times.
As an experienced owner, I can tell what will happen during the life cycle of this bottle

1- Early days: You will be very happy for having bought the cutest straw bottle on the market. Skip hop is the leading producer of the most attractive child gadgets. They can be made sets starting from the fork to backpacks and kids really love the concept. I see that most kids in my son's daycare have some sort of skiphop items.

2- The straw will go off: That is the weakest link as stated my some reviewers. At some point you will notice that the straw is not in the place and at most cases you will not even be able to find it since your kid might have dropped it somewhere.

3- The colors will fade due to being frequently washed in the dishwasher. That time (after a couple of months of purchase) it will be still very functional so you may not care that much.

4- The cap that hides the pipette will be lost and pipette will stay exposed to outside which is the end of the life and there you need a new one.

This order of events happened to all my purchases. Apart from that, it may leak when turned upside down and shaked but you may complete the life cycle without experiencing this problem as well. My kids love these items and carry them everywhere we go. Therefore, I can not blame the company for not making more durable items (they survive pretty well considering the constant abuse from 2-3 years old kids).

Will keep buying as long as the below $6 price stays..
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 26, 2013
The BPA free sticker comes off with PEANUT BUTTER! Leave it on for half an hour and then wipe off. When you're done you have an awesome, simple, easy to hold, easy to use, straw cup. Enjoy.
on May 9, 2013
My son immediately loved this cup and I had high hopes for it as it came with a replacement straw and the best part was, it didn't leak. Unfortunately, the straws just are not up to par. We've had the cup for less than one month and both straws that came with the cup have snapped off at the top. I looked on Amazon and Skip Hop to see if I could find replacement straws but unfortunately, no luck. I even contacted Skip Hop to see if I could purchase replacement straws and am very disappointed to say that I've not yet heard back from them and it has been 3 days since I contacted them through their website. Like I said in my title, the cup has great potential but the straw just falls short ...disappointing as it really is a cute cup and my son liked it a lot.
on February 20, 2015
So far, this is the best bottle we have found. And our daughter loves it too. What most people here are saying is true. It's not perfect. It does leak a little when the straw cover is open and held upside down. Those are all minor things. The biggest disappointment was when my daughter dropped it on a thin carpet when it was about half full with water, and the bottom of the bottle cracked. We have had many other bottles, and they have been dropped and thrown about, but none ever cracked. This bottle was about three months old. The straw did work perfectly for these three months though.
All in all, we will buy the same bottle as a replacement. It would be wonderful though if the manufacturer did look at all these reviews and perfected this bottle. I know, it's never going to happen, but we can always hope.
review image
on April 17, 2013
I love Skip Hop products, but was disappointed with this bottle- it isn't totally leak proof. I ordered two bottles, and both have a small hole in the top, close to the straw. I presume this is a vent, but when the top is open liquid leaks out of this small hole. My toddler loves to shake the bottle, and once she discovered that liquid came out of top she thought it was fun to constantly turned the bottle upside down. We still use the bottles, but have to keep a close eye on our daughter while she uses them. On the plus side, the bottles do not leak when the top is closed. I also like that an extra straw is included.
VINE VOICEon March 11, 2015
We’ve been searching for the perfect straw cup/bottle for our 12 month old, and I thought this one seemed pretty promising based on the description and reviews. As soon as I handed it to her, though, I realized it wasn’t what we needed. When the top is in the open position with the straw exposed, the milk just leaks right out. It’s not just a slow drip either; the milk leaks out steadily. It works fine as long as it’s upright, but who wants a kids cup that leaks whenever it’s on its side?

Despite the leaking, we decided to keep using it around the house as long as she was supervised closely. One drop off the high chair, though, and the lid cracked. Now, the milk flows freely out when it falls instead of just steadily leaking.

Who designs a kid’s cup that leaks when it’s not upright and breaks after a single fall?
on July 11, 2013
I normally love Skip Hop products but unfortunately, the Zoo Straw Bottle falls short in a few areas. On the plus side, it's cute, sized right for small hands and BPA free Yay! On the con side, the bottle DOES leak when the slide is open, which it is if your toddler is drinking. The air hole is a small opening (no rubber stopper inside), so if turned upside down, the water just drip-drip-drips out. Also, there is a very narrow area in the cap by the straw hole that is very hard to clean. Our cap subsequently started to mold there. For these two important reasons and also the hassle to assemble the 2-part straws for drinking, this bottle had to be recycled. I would not recommend this product.
on May 10, 2015
My baby actually likes this bottle,but the quality was not good. It broken with just one drop.
review image review image review image
on April 15, 2015
I love skiphop and I really love the design and way this bottle works. It is cute, my son loves it and he uses it constantly. The problem I found was effectively cleaning the two piece straw, it is easy to get dirt on the inside and very hard to clean. The bottle comes with an extra straw, but we were using it within a few weeks and I do not know if I will buy another just because of that problem. That being said, if you had a very small bottle brush, you may be able to get in the straw to properly clean it, but that just seems a bit of a hassle to me.