on March 27, 2009
I did tons of research and couldn't decide between this bag and the Fleurville Mothership. I am SO glad I chose the Skip*Hop Studio Diaper Tote!!!!

This bag is awesome. So many pockets - and not those small, useless pockets, either. All of the pockets are a great size and really help keep everything organized. The handles are a great length and fit nicely over the shoulder; the handle straps also stay put on my shoulder, which is important when you're carrying a baby. The bag looks great, too. Not too fancy, but not too casual. (I have it in black) The material is soft (can't think of a better word) so it's easy to squeeze in to tight spaces - but yet it's sturdy. I have a Fleurville Lexi tote and I love it, too, but that bag is kind of stiff. I think this Skip*Hop will become my everyday bag. It is a bit large - so if you're not in to large bags this may be better as an over-night diaper bag. But I can fit everything I need in here, and have room for a book, my make-up bag, wallet, phone, and then some. I only wish they made the inside a brighter color (like the Fleurvilles, which have bright blues, greens, pinks, etc.) to add a little spunk, but who looks inside the bag anyway...

To give you an idea of how much stuff you can put in this bag, here is what I have in it right now:

1. 5 diapers
2. Wipes container AND small package of face wipes
3. 8oz bottle and 6oz bottle of water
4. 3 pairs of baby pants
5. 3 onesies
6. butt paste
7. baby tylenol
8. large nose sucker (you know what i'm talking about!)
9. package of boogie wipes
10. packets of hand sani-wipes
11. package of kleenex
12. 3 burp cloths
13. 3 bibs
14. 3 small toys
15. small baby hoodie and bib in the bottom zipper (awesome secret pocket!)
16. wallet
17. small make-up bag
18. cell phone
19. camera
20. sunglasses with case
21. small blanket on the outside flap
(Don't judge me.....I'm out of town and had to pack lots-o-stuff!)

And there are still some pockets not in use! All this stuff is in its own pocket (except for the clothes) so it's not all just piled in there and hard to find.

I highly recommend this bag - I have been very impressed with it and am glad I bought it.
1616 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon March 26, 2009
Verified Purchase
At last, I've found my perfect diaper bag. I've tried many other brands (Petunia Pickle Bottom, Fleurville, OiOi, Lexie Barnes and even other Skip Hop models) only to find some important element lacking - usually lack of organization, space, style or security. But this bag has it all.

*Two roomy external bottle pockets also fit sippies and 16 oz. thermos bottles
*Two interior bottle pockets also fit sippies (hard to see these pockets in the Skip Hop provided photos, but they were a nice surprise)
*Nice and roomy interior zip pocket in main compartment, large enough to fit a spare onesie, socks, and knit pants
*Foldable changing pad which is softer nylon, not the cold cheapy vinyl Skip Hop uses in the Dash and Duo lines.
*Large exterior pocket in the back fits coloring books and magazines, and has a magnet closure (magnet isn't that strong, however - wish it was a snap closure instead)
*Medium pocket in back which has antimicrobial lining. Not sure if this pocket is supposed to be for food (seems too small for use as a lunch compartment and snacks might get crushed) - it is way too big for pacifiers...would fit around 20 pacifiers though if necessary. I use it for my wallet and wristlet and hair comb. Diapers and wipes would fit here too.
*2 front zip pockets. One on top is good size for your cell and keys. One on bottom a good size for burp cloths, bibs, travel size lotions.
*Nickel feet on bottom - protects from wear and scuffs
*Beautiful ribbed nylon (not sure how nylon is "eco" though) fabric. I have this bag in black and it looks sharp.

Overall, the only thing I would change is having a snap option on the back pocket (versus magnet). That is a very minor issue compared the issues I found in other bags (poor construction, lack of interior pockets, no exterior pockets for sippies, cheap zippers, etc...). This one is a keeper, wish I had it when my second child was born a year ago!
on April 10, 2009
I'm currently using this bag as a diaper bag on the weekend but during the week as my breast pump bag. There's enough room to fit the breast pump, all accessories and even the large insulated breast milk carrier. Even with the breast pump, there's still enough room for my lunch, a water bottle in the easy access outside pocket, cell phone, wallet and even some paper work. The best part of this bag is that there is absolutely no PVC so no gross odor and earth friendly. It's a high end bag with a reasonable price. The only small complaint is the red skip hop tag on the outside which is a dead give away that it's diaper bag...otherwise no one would have a clue.

Update: After a month, there was a small defect in the bag. I contacted Skip Hop and they sent me a new one overnight. I couldn't believe how great customer service was. Buy with confidence.
on May 21, 2010
Verified Purchase
I was so excited to receive this diaper bag. The shape, style and size were everything that I was looking for in a diaper bag. I read the reviews, but totally ignored the bad reviews because I really wanted this bag! That was a big mistake. I wish I listened. I ordered the pewter dot studio bag. I really wanted to like this bag but the more that I looked at the faux leather and the lining stiching, I knew I had to return it. I am a mother of 2, 2yo and 3 mo and need a big that is large enough to carry all of their stuff. It looks so cute in the pictures!

Pros:
1.dimensions and the pockets, storage, 2 outside bottle pockets were perfect.
2. The design and fabric material were so cute! I loved how stylish the shape of the bag was
3. Love the mommy pockets and blanket snap on the outside.
4. Had a place for everything, even diaper wipes.
5. Fit all of my kids stuff, an outfit for each, one bottle and sippy cup, books, my stuff.
6. Came super fast, 2 days!

Cons:
1. Can't get over how cheap the faux leather is. Probably the worse I've ever seen. I wish they would use better materials, I would gladly pay more money for this bag.
2. Only 1 inside zippered pocket has been treated for antibacterial properties. The rest of the bag is not
3. The stroller clips would only work for a single stroller, if have a double, would have to put it in the bottom storage area. But I have a double bob so I guess I could clip it on somehow. If using Macalaren double, would definitely not fit.
4. The inside lining is so cheap! I notied that the pocket where the changing pad is stored is about to rip. The nylon polyester feels so flimsy.
5. The seams where the faux leather and fabric meet look shabby. The edges of the faux leather are not finished, it looks like it has just been cut and sewn directly onto the fabric so you can see the rough edges.
6. The straps look awful. I was worried that the weight of the bag with stuff init would just tear the straps. They looked like they were cracking. Honestly, the faux leather looks worse than stuff you would buy at Forever 21.

I wish another diaper line would take this design and just make a better quality version of this diaper bag. There are high end bags (200+) out there that I was considering but the style of the bag wasn't as practical as the skip hop studio bag. I didn't want a leather bag that was flimsy and I would have to throw away due to spilled milk. I'm so disappointed, the search continues for that perfect diaper bag.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 11, 2009
Be wary! This bag is falling apart. I've had it for less than 4 months, and I am not hard on my things. I usually resell my "old" bags and baby items on craigslist, but this won't even be decent enough to donate to Goodwill! I wonder if all the good review this bag got were from when people first got it in the mail, because I was really excited when I got it. In hindsight, I wish I'd gotten the Babymel Amanda bag I'd debated getting.

Pros:
1. I like all the pockets it has to organize my toddler's sippy cups, snacks, toys, diapers, etc.
2. The stroller straps work well.

Cons:
1. One of the inside pockets tore.
2. There are threads coming out of various places on the outside of the bag. It looks haggard.
3. There is a rip where the faux leather meets the fabric on the sippy cup holder on the side. In fact, many places where the fabric meets the trim are frayed and beginning to show signs of impending rips.
4. The inside pockets are smooshed because the bag has no "hold" to it, so it can be difficult to get into the inside pockets - or find them for that matter. It kind of makes all those pockets useless.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 7, 2010
This bag was perfect at first, fits a ton of stuff, hangs nicely on my stroller, looks really cool. But after 6 months the straps that go over my shoulder started to deteriorate and now at 9 months are about to completely rip off. I use this bag modestly too, I am in no way too rough with it! I would say that I use the stroller straps more than the actual straps that hang over my arm and now that they are falling off this 89.99 bag is completely useless. I even emailed the company and never received a response. Really frustrating! And now I have to go spend more money on another diaper bag! Not worth the $$!!!!
on April 2, 2010
Verified Purchase
It kinda breaks my heart to give this bag a 3-star review because the truth is I absolutely love all my other Skip Hop products. In fact, my current diaper bag is the Skip Hop Via Backpack, which is working out perfectly and probably should have been the first bag I purchased and stuck to. I can wear my young toddler in an Ergo on the front and carry everything we need in the backpack on my back.

There is no denying that the Studio Tote is absolutely stylish, especially in comparison to so many other diaper bags out there, yet it doesn't have a three digit + price tag that some designer bags have. No doubt I purchased the bag first and foremost because I liked the look of it. And, for the time it lasted, it worked perfectly for me, with plenty of room for everything I needed to carry. Everything doesn't mean that I carried half the house with me -- yet the bag handle tore about 6 months in. It's possible I could have taken it somewhere to get restitched, but it didn't seem worth the hassle. At that point, I was already disappointed with its short life. Perhaps if some of the stitching were reinforced the bag would make a better purchase.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I purchased this bag in black and I love it!! I think it looks much nicer in person than the pictures show. It is bigger than I thought it would be which is great for me. I have a 3 year old son and 6 month old daughter so I need a large bag that holds everything I need for them but also functions as a purse. I was able to pack everything for my kids in it plus my wallet, phone, sunglasses, keys, lipgloss and mints for myself and still have room in the bag! Its great because it doesn't look like a diaper bag at all but it has all of the orgaization and function of a diaper bag. The interior organizational pockets are great and even with them fully loaded there is still room in the main compartment of the bag unlike other bags that I have had in the past. It has heavy duty metal zippers which are similar to the ones on my Coach bags. I would highly recommend this bag to any mom that has more than one child or is an overpacker and also wants to look stylish and not carry around a "mom bag".
on January 28, 2009
I just found this bag at BBB and took it home right away! Our first diaper bag was the Skip Hop Duo and I hated it. I was able to fit all of our things from that bag and... have space for more. I think with the Duo the middle compartments are hard to use b/c the pockets get smooshed when you fill the other pockets. Anyway, I love this bag too b/c it doesn't look so casual. I'm also short, so I hated the long shape of the Duo. This bag can be attached to the stroller or carried like a shoulder bag. I don't feel so frumpy with this bag! My husband will have to deal. I got the black one, but the gold and slate are nice too. Only negative is the patent trim. It does look a little cheap, but with the black one you can't really tell. The brown one looks more obvious. I would have gotten slate, but it wasn't at the store.
on February 16, 2013
Color Name: Indigo DotVerified Purchase
It's true. I fell in love with this bag at first sight. After all, it will be a very long time before I carry a purse again. And even then, I will probably still be using this bag. Good job, Skip Hop. After 5 years of nanny/auntie duty, I was ready to pick my own damn diaper bag and this one fit the bill perfectly.
Things I love about this bag:
Pockets. Everywhere. .... 7 inner pockets & 6 outer pockets. Do with them as you will. The insulated pockets on the sides are actually perfect despite the fact that I don't typically use bottles. I keep my sunscreen and his hat tucked in one side and my nursing cover fits perfectly in the other side when I roll it up.
Zippered top. Need I say more? And when it's shut it doesn't interfere with the straps for hanging it off your stroller. I like those too. Decent metal hardware.
The fabric. I like it. I know some people have complained it looks "cheap" but honey this ain't a $300 Coach diaper bag, so chill. Anyways. The pattern and color are chic, classy, and don't make my eyes burn. A little bummed about the plastic-y material used for the straps but so far no sign of malfunction.
I love the way the top front pocket is actually a flap that snaps down to secure a blanket or lovey. I roll up an Aden+Anais bamboo swaddle blanket in there and can just whip it out when I need it.

Overall this is a perfect out-and-about bag. Without being too obviously a diaper bag and for a decent price, this bag does what it should - hold stuff.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations