5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, baby loves it!
Some other reviewers thought this was cheap or poor quality. The mirror is not like a real mirror (not as clear) because it is a baby toy, so it is exactly what I expected it to be.

Published on May 17, 2011 by Erin Kays

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Skip Hop par.
We have some other toys by Skip Hop and they are cute as can be. This mirror... not so much. I read the other reviews which seemed to be conflicting with each other, so I decided to buy this and decide for myself. We ended up returning this toy, and here's why:

Published on February 24, 2012 by beekeebear

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Skip Hop par., February 24, 2012
beekeebear (Rochester, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skip Hop Treetop Friends Friendly Forest Activity Mirror (Baby Product)

1. We have the set of three owls that match the little owls on this mirror. However, the colors on this toy seem much more faded or washed out than those owls--not quite as vibrant.

2. The entire mirror is rather upright and not very substantial. I did not actually take it out of the packaging, because I knew we were taking it back, but if we had, I could just foresee what my son would do: grab the owls, yank on them, and pull the whole mirror over on his head. Granted, it wouldn't hurt him--bought we wanted a mirror for him to look at himself in, and I just didn't see this toy providing that.

3. The little bits of grass that cover the mirror at the bottom cover too much. For a baby who is just creeping or just rolling over, there's no way they'd be able to see themselves in this mirror.

4. Here is the biggest reason we sent this back. The mirror is like a funhouse mirror. It doesn't give a real reflection. My son loved to look at himself in the bathroom mirrors, so we wanted to give him a toy mirror he could use regularly. We have other toys with better mirrors than this one. WAY better. That is the whole reason we bought this and since it didn't perform that basic function, we returned it.

Hope this helps some of you other potential customers! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cute, baby loves it!, May 17, 2011
Erin Kays (Lexington, KY) - See all my reviews

It has a stand and also straps to attach it to a crib. We stand it up and sit it in front of baby during tummy time and she can see herself just fine. She loves the mirror. We sometimes put it just out of her reach to encourage crawling. She likes to play with the "grass" and pull the little squeaky owls off (which are stuck to the mirror with velcro.

Overall, I would say that this is a good, safe toy for baby. It is also attractive and entertaining. I would buy it again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute but does not hold up too well, January 4, 2011
The item itself is very cute looking, the little figures squeek but the mirror looks very distorted definitely not like pictured where baby can see herself clearly. But I have noticed that with pretty much all baby mirror toys.

It is definitely not as sturdy as I hoped it would be. Just a little fingerpush and it collapses. The straps to hold on a bedrail etc. could be a bit longer as well as it keeps coming off due to the pull on the velcro.

I probably would not buy this again. My baby has not even shown any interest in it. And we have had this since she was about 6 months. (She now is almost 12 months)

There are definitely better toys out there that entertain much better... But if you just want to buy it for looks, it is definitely worth the money - LOL

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good toy, February 10, 2011
This is a very cute toy. I hung it from a bar over my sons pack and play and he loved bating at the little toys hanging from the mirror. I recommend this for babies age 3 to 7 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warped mirror and terrible quality, March 27, 2014
This thing is ridiculous and I really regret the money I spent on it. After opening, I noticed the corners of it are already fraying. The internal support feels like flimsy cardboard so there's no way this is holding up to a baby.

Worst part - I ordered this item for the mirror, but the mirror is totally WARPED! It looks like a fun house mirror and kinda hurts my eyes. Way different from the advertised photo of a baby looking in the mirror and seeing a NORMAL reflection. I have another item by Skip Hop, so I thought this would be much better quality. They totally dropped the ball on this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars but this is more like a funhouse mirror - since the backing is flexible ..., August 5, 2014
Not that I should expect much from a toy mirror, but this is more like a funhouse mirror - since the backing is flexible cardboard, my son can't really see himself in the mirror unless I try to bend and hold it straight. Otherwise, he sees a grotesque version of his face, totally unrecognizable as human. However, he likes the crinkle leaves and the pull off owls.

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but poor mirror, December 30, 2011
C. Christopherson (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This mirror is cute and the design is versatile, being able to stand freely or strap to a car headrest or crib rail. However, the quality of the mirror image is too poor for baby to understand that he is looking at himself, or to develop anything but a headache from looking in it.

3.0 out of 5 stars just okay, May 16, 2011
baby loves looking in the mirror, but with the grass and base frame around the mirror i he cant really see it laying on the floor. we rig it up on the play mat so he can look up into it and he loves it. very cute and matches the playmat but not the most practical as a mirror for tummy time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not sturdy enough!, February 14, 2014
The mirror is awful! It's like a fun house mirror, so my little guy doesn't even look at it. He does, however, enjoy chewing on the owls.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor mirror quality !, January 5, 2014
The mirror is horrible ,everyone looks distorted in it !the owls and packaging are cute but kids won't recognize anyone or themselves !