Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale Winter Driving Best Books of the Month

Color: OwlChange

on April 6, 2013
I ordered these for my 1 1/2 yr old. They are super cute and a good size for his little hands. However, the paint on the fork chipped after just one use (the spoon is still holding up after several uses/washes). I expected a higher quality product from SkipHop and do not feel comfortable letting my child eat with these utensils in case there is something in the chipping design.
22 comments22 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 9, 2013
I got this set for my 20 months old daughter. I received them and looked very cute. She only used them about 5 times and were only handwashed but the paint is already chipped....very disappointed
on November 27, 2015
Cute spoons overall, but the only downside is that they choked and killed my baby :(
review image
11 comment33 of 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
I bought the monkey utensils for my 15 month old. They are so cute and he started making monkey sounds as soon as he saw them. BUT!!! Within the first couple of uses the paint was scratching off. I hand washed them every time. So disappointing! But Skip Hop customer service is fantastic!!
on May 25, 2013
Expected a better quality from the Skip Hop brand. Paint peeled after just one day. Hand washed. I live abroad so there's no point of contacting customer service. My son really liked the monkey and is disappointed about it. I also bought OXO set and it seems much better.
on February 23, 2013
These are great. My son struggles with utensils, but he does really well with these. The handles are large, and the fork and spoon are perfectly sized for small mouths. My son already had the dog plate and bowl to go with these. Thinking of ordering the same set with the monkey to match his daycare bag and suitcase.

Update 2 months later. These have only been handwashed, yet the design is coming off of the handles. Only used about 20-30 times. For the price, I expected them to last a little longer.

Update. Contacted SkipHop. They provided a replacement set. The design started coming off after the first handwash. These are not something I would recommend. This is clearly a defective product.
on May 13, 2013
save your money and buy something else.
The color and print started to peel of after a week and in a month it became almost white.
I don't own a dish washer so its not even that...
on December 7, 2012
This was a cute set for a 2 1/2 year old and it broke after one use. The metal came right out of the plastic base. I am extremely disappointed in the Skip Hop - as i have purchased other Skip Hop products and have loved them. Very disapointing.
on February 9, 2014
They're cute and work, but the design scratches off from regular use very quickly. Within just a couple weeks they look like we've been using them for two years.
on March 18, 2015
I have had these for a couple months, and my son always picks them to use when they are clean. I hand wash my dishes in natural detergent most of the time.. I have not had a single problem with chipping or peeling at all! He is 3.5 years old and still loves to have his own special utensils. Very high quality in my opinion. The owls are totally adorable too!