Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skip Hop Zoo Little Kid Luggage, Owl
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Owl|Change

on November 15, 2013
I bought 2 for my boys (17 months and 4 1/2 yrs old) for our trips to visit family out of state. We go several times a year and I have always put their clothes in a huge bag with mine or used one bag for them to share which would lead to the 4 year old digging for his clothes and mixing them all up. I wanted them to have their own bags from now on, especially for the 4 year old because he now packs his won clothes (using a checklist of pictures) and then he can get himself dressed on the trip without mixing up his clothes with his brother's. Note that this is about the size of a regular/adult size backpack with wheels and handle. It's not really a luggage or suitcase per se.

How much can you fit?
For the 4 year old, I was able to fit a week's worth of clothes in the summer - 7 tops, 7 shorts, 7 underwear, 7 socks, 3 pajamas to wear twice each, and swim shorts. I wash all the laundry on the 6th day if we stay a week or more. In colder weather it will be less that fits in here due to the clothes being bigger. I used it in the fall and was able to fit about 4-5 long sleeve shirts and 2 short sleeve shirts, 5-6 pants, 7 underwear, 7 socks, and 3 pajamas.
For the 17 month old, I was able to fit a week's worth of clothes for both the summer and fall trip, with room for 2 aden and anais muslin swaddle blankets (he uses as his bedtime blankies) and an Ikea Spoka nightlight with the charger. I think I also had an extra outfit for him just in case. Also, I put the diapers and wipes in my bag, there's no way to fit a week of those in here with clothes.

It pushes the bag to it's limits for a full week trip, but anything less than that and you would gain some room for a toy or books. We bought the little matching backpacks for them to pack toys and books in though and that works for us. Granted, its 2 more bags to carry, pack in the car, and keep track of however then the toys and books are more portable to take around and they don't have to dig in the luggage for those items. Usually the luggage is upstairs in the guest room and the backpack is downstairs in the living room, so it makes sense for our trips.
0Comment| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2015
I found in annoying that other reviews made this product seem so small. If I had realized how roomy this luggage actually was, I would have bought the ladybug one for my daughter who is about to turn 8. I bought the monkey luggage for my 9 month old son for an 8 day trip and this has more than enough room.

*edited*

To be specific I fit: (sizes between 6 months to 12 months)
16 onsies both short and long sleeved
1 footsie pyjama
2 burp cloths
1 fleece body suite
6 pairs of socks
A hooded baby bath towel (the thick kind)
12 bandana bibs
And 14 size 4 diapers (in the front pocket)

The picture included is of this luggage fully packed with everything I just mentioned.
review image
on September 5, 2014
The first thing I will say is that skip hop makes cute products that kids love. This item looks exactly like the pictures and my 3 y/o daughter loves it. It hasn't been on trips yet, but Im looking forward to it getting more use in the months ahead.

Likes:
Cute
Vibrant
Fun
Materials well constructed, and seem durable
Multiple options for portability and carry (handle/wheels/carry strap)

Opportunities:
Ears, for the moment, snag on the dog-bone-shaped zipper pulls when passing over either ear, in either direction. Im hoping this goes away as the bag settles and isn't so new.
Pockets - one large one on the front, and one unsecured side pocket. I wish there were a couple more ways to divide the space within/on the bag. An easy addition would be a secured zipper pocket on the outer opposing side. They could even add a mesh stretchy liner on the inside back or front flap, etc. Just something to help keep the bag more tidy.

Overall this bag is a big hit and the opportunities for improvement are nit-picky at best; if it was refined again with these wishes for next year I would buy a second one in a heartbeat.
on July 18, 2012
I recently purchased this for my son as an adorable addition to his set of the matching monkey backpack and lunchie (lunch bag) from the same line. I already love those two items and am initially impressed with this item as well. The luggage is appropriately sized for a child and it makes it fun for him to use when traveling. The wheels are easy to roll forwards or backwards and the item seems to be well-made for the price, as is typical for other Skip Hop items I've owned. The smaller front pocket has a divider that helps with organization and the cup/bottle holder on the side is a kid-friendly addition. Keep in mind that you can't have it filled with any liquids when going through an airport security line, though.
The big interior pocket of the bag is roomy enough to pack enough clothing for a child for a weekend trip. The parent strap makes it so you can easily sling the bag over a shoulder if the child gets tired of pushing/pulling it, but a more thoughtful detail would have been to include 2 straps so it could be carried as a backpack. I also think that the zipper pull details are a cute touch (bananas for the monkey bag. Other designs have design coordinating pulls as well.) Note that the pulls for the large compartment can get a little dirty and drag on the ground if they are zipped all the way down to the bottom corner of the bag. To avoid this, just make sure they are adjusted to be somewhere else when zipping the bag shut.
The bag is very lightweight on its own. It also has a detail that's not pictured on the stock photos here on Amazon: there's a little tab on the center of the back of the bag to tuck the parent strap away when not in use. This keeps it from swinging around and getting in the way.
I'll update my review in a few months after I've used the bag a bit more, but I'm glad I made the purchase for now.
on October 16, 2015
Toddler-Perfect-Sized two wheeled rolling luggage that held up well with my toddler's short trips and adventures through the airport terminals. Enough large pockets in the front and side of the luggage to store snacks, Ipads, and other things that we needed quickly. Very strong material, this luggage has survived multiple trips and is still logging more mileage. Wheels roll very well, telescoping handle locks confidently at a height perfect for my toddler. Did I mention how cute the Dog design was and all the available accessories to match the luggage? From lunch bags, canteens, and more... You have plenty of different designs to choose from with this awesome Toddler-Perfect-Sized rolling luggage.

So good, I bought two more!

If you find this review helpful, please click below!
review image
on July 27, 2012
I ordered this Skip-Hop travel tote before my two-year-old son's first plane ride to Lake Tahoe. I wanted something to store his snacks, toys, books, etc. for the flight, and liked that he could pull this, or we could use it as a backpack if he got tired of it. The nice parent strap feature on the back is perfect for restless toddlers who may not want to lug their own suitcase around for an extended period of time.

The suitcase arrived quickly and I was immediately impressed with the results. We already have the Skip-Hop backpack and lunchie, and I love the size and detail of each. I like that it zips the entire way around, creating easy access to pack and unpack, and like the juice pocket on the side, and small pouch on the front. Most of all, my son loved pulling it around, and felt very proud to have his very own suitcase for his very first vacation.

Fast forward to the airport and our first connecting flight in Chicago. We put my son in his stroller and as we went to use the parent strap, a plastic piece broke off, breaking the strap in half. It immediately became less functional, as we couldn't use it as a backpack and were forced to roll it behind our other luggage. We used it for a total of six hours and already the bag is shot! Since one of the reasons I purchased this was for the parent strap, I would have been better off buying the $20 plastic children's case at Target!
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2015
Love this suitcase for my toddler son. I have used it several times for weekend getaways and it's perfect. I fit about 6 outfits and his toiletry bag. The front pocket is big enough to fit a couple pairs of shoes.
review image review image
on September 19, 2014
Our son loves (LOVES) it. I find it annoying. He loves to roll it at airports and around the house. But on trips he gets tired and then job falls to me. The handle is too short for it to be comfortable for an adult to roll, and the strap that is meant for adults to use often ends up dragging on the ground or when I do have it across my chest I find the handle mechanism digging into my back... There must be a way to make this nicer. Having said that the kid is happy.
on July 13, 2015
We've had this for a while now and my 7 year old son uses it for all of his overnight trips as well as a carry-on for airline travel. It's held up very well, the zippers still work, wheels are rolling good and the handle goes up and down easily. There's a strap on the back so you can sling it over your shoulder if you need to. And I love that the strap has a holder and hook so it doesn't drag on the floor when not in use. My daughter has a different brand of rolling backpack and the straps on back are mangled from being dragged across airport floors as it's rolling.

It's the perfect size for packing for a long weekend, and holds quite a bit actually. The side pocket holds his large water bottle and the front pocket holds a couple of small books and his kindle or his bathroom stuff. The main pocket is also large enough for notepads and large books which is great when using it as a carry-on.

Overall, this is the perfect little suitcase for kids and is holding up better than the one I purchased for myself.
on March 31, 2015
PROS: Light weight and easy for a 3 year old to pull, if they are tall enough. Very cute design and plenty of room inside and nice water bottle pouch and front pocket in the front. Parent strap also convenient when the little is tired of pulling.

CONS: Zipper sometimes gets stuck and big ears gets in the way when opening and closing bag. No inner pocket or slots in the larger compartment. Telescoping handle not really comfortable, thin/flimsy and you can only extend it to only 1 length unlike other kid rolling suitcase. When carrying the luggage using the parent's strap the handle digs into my back a lot!

In my opinion it is not worth < 25 and if you look hard enough you find it for under this price.