Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Skippy Natural Creamy Peanut Butter - 2/40oz
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

TOP 50 REVIEWERon June 14, 2012
I am always torn between buying the yummier peanut butter with the icky trans fat and the healthier peanut butter that doesn't taste nearly as good. Well, actually, I'm not torn, I've just been buying the icky tasting organic, need to be stirred type peanut butter. I saw the Skippy Natural in the store and quickly scanned the ingredients. No hydrogenated oils... sweet! The ingredients are roasted peanuts, sugar, palm oil and salt. I do realize that peanut butter is healthier without the oil, sugar and salt, but I also know that it's nearly impossible to have the best of both worlds, so it's a trade off. With Skippy Natural I get healthier peanut butter and a fabulous taste! Plus, when I compare it to the nutrition facts in Adams Natural Peanut Butter here's what I get:

--------Adam's - Skippy Natural Serving size 2tbsp in both
Calories - 200 - 190
Total Fat - 16 grams - 16 grams
Sat Fat - 2.5 grams - 3.5 grams
Sodium - 105 mg - 150 mg
Total Carbs - 6g - 6g
Protein - 7g - 7g

So, we're not looking at the much of a difference at all. I will take the better tasting peanut butter in this instance. If the nutrition was severely compromised then I would make a different choice, but not in this case! Now every time I see someone at the store reaching for the gross, hydrogenated peanut butter I want to show them this and compare the ingredients for them and explain that it tastes just as good as what they're planning on getting. I politely mind my own business and move along. I would be awesome if they marketed this stuff better though. Grab a jar and a spoon and try the creamiest, yummiest peanut butter without the unnecessary trans fat.
Nutrition from [...] and the back of my Skippy jar
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
We switched to all natural Skippy peanut butter years ago, and will never go back. As a good source of protein, peanut butter should not contain hydrogenated oils or other weird things. This peanut butter is the cream of the crop in both ingredients and taste.

PROS:
- Super creamy and smooth.
- Spreads very easily on toasted or untoasted breads.
- Is great to bake with.
- No need to stir. Some oil will pool, but not enough to really need stirring.
- All natural!
- Wonderfully fresh peanut flavor that simply cannot be topped.
- Slightly sweet and slightly salty flavor that's well balanced.
- Stays fresh, even in the big jars. I like to buy the bigger jars, as they're cheaper per ounce than the smaller ones, and it stays fresh for a long time.

CONS:
- None!

OVERALL OPINION
It's worth switching to this all natural peanut butter. And I've tried other natural peanut butters, and Skippy makes the best one.
on August 27, 2013
When I buy natural peanut butter I assume it's healthy. I haven't bought this brand before but I got it in today and it has added sugar. Natural peanut butter should have peanuts and oil. Not SUGAR. I wish it would have said so in the description. Won't be buying this again.
88 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 11, 2015
This has sugar and palm oil. There is no need for either.

That said, this version of Skippy has the same predictable and good flavor as regular Skippy, and you don't have to stir or refrigerate.
on November 4, 2014
"Natural" There's still plenty of sugar and salt in this stuff. I've found this to be the happy medium of peanut butters. Less bad stuff than most but still good consistency and taste. I'll keep buying it because I'm a total tool for peanut butter.

I know some company can make a natural one that doesn't taste like sawdust... somewhere, sometime, someone will...
on August 28, 2014
I've sampled many a brand of "Natural" peanut butters and I have to say that this one tops my list of favorites. I'm not sure how they do it but not having to stir my peanut butter before using it is a welcome change. It does seem to lack the texture that I've grown to associate with natural peanut butters, however, the taste is spot on and it's not loaded with a bunch of weird chemicals.
on September 22, 2015
"From a food science perspective, it is difficult to define a food product that is 'natural' because the food has probably been processed and is no longer the product of the earth. That said, FDA has not developed a definition for use of the term natural or its derivatives. However, the agency has not objected to the use of the term if the food does not contain added color, artificial flavors, or synthetic substances." This was taken directly from the FDA website. I find "natural" labeling incredibly frustrating and a way to appeal to people who normally would purchase organic or healthy brands than Skippy. This peanut butter tastes great, really!! I would have no problem buying it again and eating it all by myself! But stop labeling things natural... it means nothing.
on April 29, 2016
As far as natural peanut butter goes, my family thinks this is the best. I have to agree, and it reduces the guilt associated with not cooking a real lunch from time to time. We tried to switch over to Almond Butter because it supposed to healthier, but the taste was just... bad. At three times the cost for the Almond Butter, despite the health claims, I cannot justify the expense if nobody here likes it.
on April 1, 2016
This is good stuff especially because it is not loaded with unhealthy ingredients. My favorite thing about it is that the oil does not separate and float to the top of the jar. That is the major reason why most natural nut butters don't appeal to me. I hate a drippy and oily mess if I feel like eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and you will definitely not get that with this Skippy Natural.
on June 14, 2016
This is the very best ever Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Creamy, 15 Oz I shall not be without it! I cannot eat anything that isn't creamy due to my stomach, and this is the best I've ever eaten! They say Smooth...it has not even a trace of a nut and I've eaten several jars and about to order more!!! I sometimes want a snack before a meal, and I dip me a big spoonful and eat it!!! Keeps me away from very sweet desserts too!!!