Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 5 Bone Hoop Skirt Bridal Renaissance Civil War Skirt Slip (CH150DS)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 11, 2013
This petticoat is Big, but in a good way! What I mean by that is that once you get it unfolded from the packaging, it fans out over 3 feet in diameter at the bottom. It feels like this silky white satin material with a beautiful lace trim along the bottom. There are five rings, more like flat hard plastic rings instead of the plastic tube-like rings, evenly spaced throughout the petticoat. I believe some reviews said the rings could be adjusted, but I wanted it to be big like in the colonial times, so I haven't adjusted it. It has a string tie closure that easily adjusts for waists between 25"-50". While just wearing the petticoat makes you like someone out of Gone with the Wind or that time period. I would recommend this product for anyone wanting a petticoat that is not itchy, for bigger waists, to use for reenactments, ballrooms, or weddings. Wonderful product and seller!
on July 11, 2011
This hoop arrived on time and in great condition. I however did not read the description completely, as this hoop in BIG, 149 inches, too big for my civil war re-enactor status, (workining middle class). I will try to make this one smaller, (105 inches) to better fit my re-enactor needs, but the hoop itself is good product and I would recommend anyone who is looking for a BIG hoop to get this one!!
on October 19, 2011
This is a perfect hoop skirt for any type of dress needing one and for costumes the hoop can be adjusted so it can be made smaller if needed.
on October 18, 2013
Just got these, I ordered one for myself and one for a fellow cast member. She is very small in size where I am larger and they fit us both great. I also love how the hoops itself are adjustable. This was very easy to use and less inexpensive than most. Quality is what you pay for, however I bought one similar a couple of years ago for $10 and it only lasted me 2 years. The hoops in this one is much better made as well as the fabric that it is made from. I am in Florida and sometimes the faire can be hot so the material is very light and just what I needed.
on September 11, 2013
I love the adjustable hoops and the potential width, as well as the flexibility of the hoops so you can sit down and get through hallways without showing the world your bloomers. however, the drawstring waist really struggles with the weight of the hoops. reinforcement is required if you want it to stay up!
on October 28, 2011
This hoop skirt is perfect for my Red Queen Halloween costume! Folds up to a smaller size for storage. I had to sew some suspenders on to keep it up after the dress goes over but no big deal. Fantastic!
on March 16, 2015
It makes my wedding dress look absolutely beautiful... it made lift off the floor and i am so happy now I don't have to wear high heel shoes .. Thank god because i cant walk in heels to well... the only reason i gave it 4 stars was because of the drawstring waist .. but i am gonna sew a piece of elastic and a button on it so that way it wont slide down like it does with the drawstring .. I am afraid my slip slide down a bit and you will be able to see it hanging underneath .but you can make it work if yo tie it tight enough . but no problem I will make the necessary adjustments .. FYI .. when I pulled it out of the box I was sfraid it was going to be too big and I was sad because it was huuuuge.. but I mad the hoops smaller by pushing them together carefully ..and it worked out great .. and it dis wonders to my dress ;-) I am so happy with my dress now .. I am gonna be a princess bride .. I can't wait ;-)
on March 21, 2016
Tricky to adjust. I was going to wear this under my wedding dress but my alterations lady decided to just sew in a bunch of tulle, because we both got frustrated trying to fit it under my dress perfectly. If you are a patient person, you will probably be rewarded. I'm not!
on September 11, 2015
It's a really great accessory for any costume. I got mine for a Ren Faire, but I definitely needed to adjust the poofiness. It is a LOT bigger than what the pic shows. It was comfortable and long enough (I'm very tall so that was a worry). The ties made taking the skirt on and off and adjustments super easy. 10/10 would recommend.
on July 27, 2015
I made a costume for a Comic Con, and I needed a giant hoop skirt for the base. I am very impressed with how sturdy this was for the price. After months of dress construction, and three days of comic con wear, the hoop skirt is still in great shape. I love the expandable fit, so I have options about where on my waist to let it hang.