Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Size: Essential|Change
Price:$99.00 - $139.00

on January 29, 2013
It is not always able to get as close as using a blade, but when used together with one, is much easier to keep my head shaved down bald.

Update: 1/30/2013
Have been using the shaver nearly daily since I first opened it. I have found that with regular cleaning, daily use & a razor touch-up about twice a week, I can easily keep my head shaved down bald. So far, using only a cocoa butter cream, I have had no razor burn or dry patches. I am not a naturally balding person, so I put the blades through a pretty good workout & so far they have held up really good. Will try to remember to update this if I ever have to get new blades (if that is even an option).

Update: 2/5/2013 (Upgrade to 5 stars)
While washing out the heads, I let the middle one slip from my hands & down the drain. Pulled the pipe, but it was light enough that the water must have pushed it on through. I sent an E-mail on a whim to see if they would be willing to sell me just the center head, so I would not need to purchase the entire piece. Within an hour, I had a response from, John Lyles, who is Skull Shaver's inventor & partner, that a new head was being shipped to me & no worries. I love that kind of customer service, where they get the WOW factor from me. Just another reason that I recommend this product.
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 4, 2015
For medical reasons I needed to remove my hair from my head. My husband was outstanding removing my huge mane of hair with a set of strong clippers we bought for him.
I have to maintain the growth as its sporadic and the clippers we buzz my husband with are heavy and impossible to use on my own every few days not to mention being tethered to an outlet.
I researched and found this skull shaver "Bald Eagle Smart".
It appeared at my door very quick (thanks Prime) and was ready to go upon opening.
I used it to clean up my fuzzy spots and the difference between the clippers and foil shaving is night & day.
Light, super close and no cord!
The medical treatment I'm on can really cause flared irritation on my skin so I need a gentle method and this is close enough to feel my soft skin with the grain. The photo is a day's worth of growth of what was a huge, thick head of deep brunette hair.
For a man using this he could easily go from head to face! My husband is going to give it a try next time for himself.
If someone is used to a straight razor finish there might be touch up or once over to get that but for the speed and quality I'm getting with it I'm very happy.
review image
66 comments| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2014
Just got my Bald eagle smart shaver today and I love it. I let it charge for a few hours and was anxious to try it out. I went almost a week without shaving my head. I put this thing on my head and it went straight to work, since it was my first time it took me almost ten minutes to take off all my hair but I did it with ease. This product is not going to leave your head like a bowling ball but it is so close I did not notice much of a difference. I love this product and also the LCD that displays the amount of battery you have left before you have to charge it again. My wife approves it, she loved my bald head once I was done. I will recommend this product to all my buddies in the Navy who dare to cross over to the bald side.
44 comments| 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
This is my first review of a product and I wish it could be a more positive one. So I will do my best to be positive in tone, if not in content. Perhaps Skull Shaver works well for some people, but I’m not sure who that would be. So here I go with the standard Pros/Cons list:

Pros:
1. This thing looks really nice in a photograph online. If I really wanted to impress my friends, I would post a picture of it for them all to see!
2. This product will give me the opportunity to learn more about Amazon’s return policy (very excited to be expanding my horizons in this way!).

Cons:
1. It does not hold a charge for very long. Supposedly it will last for four or more shaves, but I’m lucky if I get more than two. I guess I should state for the record that my head is normal-sized (relatively).
2. When the charge dies, you can’t use it until the batteries have enough juice. It will not run on the cord. This is a really neat feature when combined with no battery charge-level indicator of any kind. Why is this neat? Because it will unexpectedly introduce you to new ways to style your hair (think topiary art meets chemotherapy). This is exciting because, unless you have a backup shaving system of some kind, there is a good chance you will be able to share your new look with others and get their feedback.
3. I used to shave with a blade once a week, letting stubble grow in between shavings. This machine won’t work with more than two days’ worth of growth. Though this means that I have to take more time out of my life to shave my head, it has really helped me improve my self-discipline because I know that if I wait until three days, I’m screwed.
4. This shaver needs to be cleaned a lot. The cartridges that hold the razor heads are the same size as a shaver for your face. Now, I’m one of those guys whose face has much less shaveable surface area than my scalp (I know, odd, but chicks really seem to dig it), which means these heads fill up with shaving scraps really fast. And as they get full, those scraps pour back onto your head, your shirt, the floor—you get the idea. As it shaves stubble, it paints the area you’re shaving with stubble. So you never really know for sure that an area is shaved.
5. Cleaning this machine is no problem, if you only had to do it every once in a while. But since you must do it every shave (and sometimes in the middle of the shave), it can be a hassle. The shaver disassembles easily, but you end up with a lot of little pieces that have an attraction for sink drains that defy physics. If you had a single piece that you could take off, tap out, and then put back on, that would be easier.
6. Finally, this thing just doesn’t shave well. My head feels like sandpaper afterwards (a fairly coarse grade if you want me to be specific), and while that may be helpful to a woodworker, my wife doesn’t like it as much. Furthermore, it doesn’t respond well to the contours of the skull. My head isn’t terribly lumpy, but I’m still left with swaths of dark stubble in concave-ish areas when I’m done. I find that I have to go back over my scalp with my face shaver to finish the job.

All-in-all, this seems like a good idea poorly executed. I suggest SkullShaver hire some bald men and put them to work on the next generation of shaver.
1212 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2015
I was very apprehensive to shave my head with a razor due to irritation and razor bumps. With the skull shaver my skin stays moist and I do not have any issues with skin irritation. I really like this product and I am glad I really invest on this product.
on April 9, 2014
I am used to using a Norelco shaver for my bald head. I was in the market for a new one and searched on Amazon and found the Bald Eagle Smart by Skull Shaver. It looked interesting but I was doubtful. After checking out the reviews, I decided to take a chance. I am extremely happy I did. The shaver does everything the info says it does. I never got such a close shave with the Norelco. The five blades make shaving go so much more quickly. The design is comfortable especially with my arthritic hands. The cleaning takes some practice but not much. Overall, I am very pleased with this product and highly recommend it to other baldies out there.
on March 18, 2014
I purchased the original Skull Shaver that quit working after a few months despite the fact that I really liked the product. In my quest to see what could be done about the short life span I was in contact with the Skull Shaver customer service. I am happy with the way I was treated and upgraded to the Bald Eagle. I am very impressed with the new product. Much improved over the original and has all the features others were looking for in their reviews. Obviously the company was listening! While this may be more expensive than the original it is truly a daily shaver. I no longer use my Braun as this one is quick, easy and gets the job done first thing in the morning when I am still half asleep. You won't regret it.
on December 21, 2012
I was really happy to see that my Skull Shaver arrived last evening - less than 24 hours after ordering from Amazon. Perfect timing as I had a big men's night event at the country club last night. I have to admit that I was very skeptical about the Skull Shaver's abilities since my normal daily routine is to shave with the Braun Series 7, and then shave using foam/gel and the Quattro razor. NOT ANYMORE!!! Even while gliding the Skull Shaver across my head and face I didn't feel the typical pulling sensation which I had falsely assumed was the actual shaving process. After nearly ten years of shaving my head I have seen the light. No more need to have n electric razor pulling and rashing at my skin. Instead of leaving patches of un-cut whiskers the Skull Shaver did a remarkable job of evenly shaving all areas of my scalp and face. Leaving a smooth and clean look - rash and discomfort free. Not only saving me time
but a considerable cost in blades. Simply put - this is a remarkable product!
on January 14, 2015
Having recently been diagnosed with a serious medical condition, losing my hair wasn't a choice I welcomed, especially after battling thinning and balding hair for over 10 years. Happily, the loss of hair completely was an eye-opener as I realized I looked a whole lot better and definitely felt less self-conscious. After scouring the web, Twitter and Youtube, I came across the Bald Eagle Smart Shaver LCD. Not only is the product light and its rubbery encasement soft to the touch, its ergonomic design with dual hand-held and vertical motions makes shaving a breeze for sensitive guys like myself. I am able to shave wet or dry in less than two minutes as the rotary cutters are somehow designed specifically to avoid those pesky nicks and cuts. I was also amazed how quick it was to clean the unit - I just powered on the shaver and soaked the heads in a cup of water for a few seconds and wallah! I also purchased the stand which helps keep my vanity area nice and neat.
on April 28, 2014
I loved the idea of this shaver. I wanted to transition from wet shaving for convenience, especially when traveling. I liked the idea of a dedicated electric head shaver. The first one I received (January 2014) had a bad battery (I'm guessing) as it would turn the heads for about 5 seconds and then stop. Skull Shaver's customer service was excellent... they sent me a new one immediately and were communicative. I give them props as a company. I just wish they would fix the product. Here are the problems with the skull shaver from my experience:
Battery: the battery life is about one whole head shave for me. Recharging takes hours.
Motor: this shaver is very, very weak. It feels like it has a dying battery all the time. It stalls and clogs on two day old beard.
Head: the head has a cool and anatomical configuration, but it is difficult to clean (even after using it for three months). It takes about two minutes for me to clean and reassemble it. There are five heads to individually remove, and cleaning them is tricky. I often use a toothpick and tweezers to pull things out of it. It has such a small volume you must clean it every single time you use it. The head also leaks shaving particles... I found that out while shaving just before a meeting, and my white shirt was covered with peppery black bits. I wore an old t-shirt for shaving with this.
Performance: it's a pretty close shave, but irritates me everywhere, something that has never happened to me with any other shaving tool. It is also so slow that I generally go watch TV while I shave.
Size: it's a big lump, doesn't fit in a travel bag, and is really quite heavy.

After three months (wish I had stopped and returned it after a week or two), I have given up and replaced it with a Panasonic linear motor unit: (this is the one I got: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DKKBRY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B005DKKBRY&linkCode=as2&tag=flammapscart-20)

The Panasonic has yet to irritate me, is about three times faster than the Skull Shaver (yes, I timed it), appears to go weeks without recharging, takes about 5 seconds to clean, and is only twenty bucks more. It is also wet-dry and fits in my travel bag. I would bet the lower end shavers of that line would be similar, if you do not want to spend the extra.

I'm tempted to try and replace the Skull Shaver battery pack and motor myself, to see if I can improve it. But the head cleaning is such a pain it's not worth tinkering with. Again, I like the idea, but this is really more like a prototype, and some design changes might make it a winner. Just don't invest your money in their R&D.