4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for fair price
I've always been tired of earbud headphones constantly falling out, especially at the slightest movement (living and working within NYC, areas get crowded and the slightest tug meant one of those earbuds would dislodge).

Published on May 27, 2011 by Joey Pants

2.0 out of 5 stars My experience with the Uprocks.....
Ok,so here's my review of these headphones. I have had quite a few friends that have picked up Skullcandy headphones.
They often have a vibrant and cool look to them. And seem like they'd be a decent to moderately good quality headphone
Published on December 3, 2011 by Rezivor

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for fair price, May 27, 2011

Skullcandy's Uprock was a change for me. I never liked the bulkiness of on-ear/over-the-ear headphones, but these are EXTREMELY comfortable. I cannot stress how comfortable they sit on the ears. My only complaint about these headphones is that the grooves on the headset (that determine the length of the ears) never hold the size you desire. For example, if there are 10 notches, with the first notch being the smallest, and the 10th notch being the largest, if you set the headset to five, when you put these on, they'll quickly loosen up and extend to the largest setting. It's incredibly frustrating, because I would like to NOT wear these at the largest setting, but alas, these headphones are so comfortable, that I can overlook that -- it also helps that I have a fairly large head (7 3/8 in those fitted MLB hats), so the largest size isn't too much of a problem.

Another caveat I've always had with 99% of my headphones is that the cords are always tangled up in a huge mess. The flat cord on these Sukllcandies are a godsend. It's great that it's just one flat cord that never gets tangled. This is feature that would be overlooked by many.

Finally, the sound: what a lot of people don't realize is that the sound that they hear (or lack thereof) is also due to the file type. If all you're listening to are 128 kbps MP3s, I don't care if you have an entire Bose sound system on your head, the files are going to sound like trash when you turn up the volume halfway. With that said, listening to 320 kbps MP3s (as a test) and authentic FLACs (for the audiophiles out there) sounded great with these. Even at the highest volume setting, there was minimal sound distortion. The bass was sufficient and the clarity was fine. Another thing this headset does well is minimize outside sound aka noise-canceling. I find myself lowering the headset while I walk the streets of Manhattan for fear of not hearing people/traffic.

4/5 stars for this headset (the missing star is due to the faulty size setting). Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed with inexpensive headphones, April 27, 2011
I didn't know the brand prior to entering the store where I first saw them. They were using these at their CD demo stations. I went in intending to buy Sennheisers, but these sounded even better and were the same price. They are comfortable, and even though they are on-ear instead of over-ear, they seem to block out most ambient noise quite well without being bulky or heavy. Their bass is impressive and yet the highs are just as clear and precise as the Sennheisers seemed. I was also happy because, being a hearing-aid wearer (CIC type), these caused no feedback or other problems. I'm loving my new phones, even with the "skull" logo.

2.0 out of 5 stars My experience with the Uprocks....., December 3, 2011
Rezivor (Spokane,WA.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skullcandy Uprock On-Ear Headphone S5URDZ-037 (Green/Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
(for the price). I have Sennhiezers for my studio. And thought these would be great pick ups for on the streets. The sound quality is so-so. They are better than some lower end brand name headphones, but not nearly as good as the mid to higher end one's (by other companies). They cancel out sound around you. They can get fairly bassy. It also depends how you EQ your Ipod/MP3 player. They fit pretty comfortably on the head. Not too bad around the neck. Here's my problem with these headphones.... Since buying them just 3 & a half months ago. I have been insanely carefull with them! I have not dropped them what so ever. Or even put them down aggressively either. Never tugged or snagged the cord. Yet earlier today on my way to work, the left side just completely cut's out! If i mess with the jack or the cord near it. It may come in for a split second. Then cut out again. I paid 29.99 for these @ a store. And to be honest had already bought some Phillips lower end headphones, for like $14.00 and they still work! I bought them about a year ago. I figured paying 30 bucks for a pair would be a better, more durable pair (incase I did drop them). I wouldn't really recommend buying these headphones. I'd even probably go with a 30 dollar pair of Koss over these. Or better yet, find a good deal on some Beats by Dre headphones if ya can.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice headphones, be very delicate, June 23, 2011
Overall sound quality is great, the headphones are comfortable and adjustable, but you have to be very delicate with them within a couple of weeks the input wires were already breaking and disrupted the sound quality. It can't really withstand any type of damage. I worked out with them on everyday and after awhile they just kinda, died on me.

5.0 out of 5 stars daughter love them, December 25, 2011
Great quality and sound great too. It was worth the money to buy them. If i need any headphone I would buy more Skullcandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Sound, Brittle Headband., December 5, 2012
The sound is good, not great but decent considering the price but the headband plastic is really brittle and will break easily. Supposedly they are warranteed but apparently not for breakage. Customer Service is not very good either. I've bought a few different types of Skullcandy headphones and have given up on Skullcandy as I've had more problems with their headphones than any other brand and they really don't seem to care. I've got 8 pairs of headphones for different uses, rock, classical, MP3 player, PC Audio and so on and the only ones that I have problems with are the Skullcandy. Either the headband breaks, the wires break or they just quit working (probably broken wire).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great on ear headphones, September 5, 2011
I really want to give this a 5 I really do but the flimsy construction just feels like you have to be very delicate with them when they advertise they are made for an active lifestyle. The sound is amazing I owned a pair of dre beats and i would prefer these over the beats for the look the comfort and how weightless it felt. It does have a pretty good noise cancellation but it's not perfect louder sounds still get through but i can n a plane and be sure I'll be comfortable during the whole flight. The bass is solid but a little lower than the dresbut itsjust as clear and the highs and lows are both great and for $25 you get a lot of bang for your buck. Overall their great for the price and actually feel like they should be an expensive pair of headphones but the greatest downfall of these is the flimsy construction as long as your careful you'll be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 30, 2011
I purchase these headphones at my school bookstore and I love them. Great sound and the wire is tangle-free. So not once have the wire gotten tangle. Great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love em but broke fast :(, September 2, 2013
Loved these but they broke after a month or so. I was sad :'( But they are so cute and have great sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good headphones, May 4, 2013
Scott Soto (Paddock Lake, WI, US) - See all my reviews
Does what you would expect and the sound is good, not great but about what you would expect for the price. The one really nice part is the cable is flat and flexable and almost never gets tangled. These are very comfortable to wear for extended periods.