5.0 out of 5 stars Epic sound and comfort
First off I recommend these to ANYONE.

Published on October 25, 2010 by Jeff

2.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandy getting cheap!
Published on November 28, 2010 by uglyluggage

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic sound and comfort, October 25, 2010
First off I recommend these to ANYONE.

I've never made a review of anything but these ear buds have motivated me to do so, I'm that pleased. Apples ear buds hurt my ears unbelievably bad, they just arent comfy for my ears. So I bought the JVC marshmallows and they were much better. I then got the Skullcandy Inkd and thought the sound was about the same but I liked the silicon tips because they clean easy and really plug up my ears. Great outside noise reduction.

My Inkd gave me numerous problems. My buddy and I have gone through no joke over 20 Skullcandy Inkd ear buds combined because one of the speakers would always go out after a month or two. (Skullcandy now offers a great refund/replacement deal probably because of this.) So I decided to throw down a couple extra bucks hoping to save money in the long run with these Titans.

First impressions were DAMN the sound is noticeably better than the inkd despite having the same statistics (aside from the aluminum housing apposed to the inkd plastic housing). I've now had these Titans for 3 months and they are still going strong, they have outlasted all my previous skullcandies. The cord is also impressive on these. It has a clear outer layer with braided cable inside, much thicker than most cords ive seen. This thickness helps them keep their shape too without curling or twisting up.

PROS-
*Better sound than Inkd and AMAZING sound for their price range. As good as $100+ Sennheiser in my opinion.

*Thick rugged cord. Held up to 3 months of skating so far and getting pulled on (I pull my ipod out of my pocket via the cord)

*I like the look and the silicon tips are a snug fit in my ear.

*Can also fit comply t400 foam tips if you wish to replace the silicon tips.

*In cable volume control, but note some Titans DO NOT have this feature. (not a big plus for me because I put the cord under my shirt so the buds hang out my collar)

CONS-
*Can't really think of any after 3 months. I am fully satisfied.
*Everyones ears are different and they fall out of my friends ears often. He bought the comply foam tips and doesn't have this problem now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Great Earbuds! Definetely worth it!, December 5, 2010
Pros: Amazing, Deep bass, warming Mids, and "Okay" Treble. The Design would definitely be my favorite I have ever used. The Ear-Phone itself if made out of metal, so it definitely feels like it'll last a long time. The cord is made out of braided Nylon, which makes it feel even more great! The ear buds fit very nicely into my ear, it feels like it isn't in my ear as I listen to music (I listen to music about 4 hours a day. More or less). The cord is long enough for me (according to box, about 1.3 meters). When I'm listening to music, it feels like its alive, as if I am at a concert. The Bass is certainly Powerful enough to fill my every single need. Though the highs aren't the very best, I've listened to worst. That is why this is going in the Pros Section. Every once and a while, the highs would start to hurt my ears, but that can be adjusted in the equalizer settings.

Cons: The only con I can think of about the ear buds is that whenever the cord is rubbing against my shirt or hits my shirt, it creates a very annoying sound. This isn't a very bad con though, because you can just tuck the cord down your shirt.

OVERALL, DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

2.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandy getting cheap!, November 28, 2010
The sound is still the best Skullcandy has to offer. I like them better than the Full Metal Jacket but the new Titan is not the same as the last model. The wires to the earbuds are cheaper and they took off the volume control and replaced it with just a plastic cover. When you buy a better quality headphone you expect a little more. The Titans I had before were the best headphones I ever had (I broke then by a freak accident, nothing the company could have prevented). I think when you have a great product you should try to add to it not take any and cheap it up. If Skullcandy needed to add $10.00 to maintain quality then do so, but don't make a cheaper product and keep the same Titan model name. The sound is still top notch but I still feel like I got a cheap knock off version than the far better headphones I had, which were the exact same model but an older version. Don't call the new Titan a Titan because it is not the quality. They are both great headphones but the Older model smokes and these are a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, April 25, 2011
First off, I've owned Skullcandy Titans for like 2-3 years now constantly and i've got to say they're way better than the $99 Bose In-ear headphones. Some argue otherwise but i prefer my bass. I am used to going into Target and finding these ont he shelf for $40 and i think it's worth the money, but i was way more happy to see these on ehre for only $25. I have a bad tendency of doing what most people do with their headphones by wrapping them around my ipod, therefore stretching the copper inside. But this pair that I bought I was and still am REALLY IMPRESSED by the new plastic durable coating they got over the already-insulated wiring preventing further damage or water damage from when i sweat on them during my workout. Honestly, there's no other headphone for me out there - not even the ink'd ones can compare to the Titan. If i could sum these headphones up in one word...it would be Awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars Skullcandy Titan Ear Buds, October 13, 2011
For around $25.00, you just can't beat Skullcandy's Titan Ear Buds ! Mid and upper ranges are crystal clear with fine detail and presence. Lows are just OK, but, hey, for $25 bucks these little guys are world-beaters ! Recommended without hesitation !

2.0 out of 5 stars I am swearing off of Skullcandy!, October 22, 2011
This is the third pair of Skullcandy earbuds I've bought because I've always liked the sound. Sound quality is not these headphones' problem. Skullcandys never last! I always tell myself the next one will last but every time they don't make it passed three months. First one earbud goes out for no reason and soon after the other one follows. It's happened three times in a row. If you want headphones with great sound, go ahead and get Skullcandys but just know you'll have to get new ones for sure in a couple of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, good price., September 21, 2011
These earphones were recommended to me by salesmen at Best Buy, but I hesitated buying them. I went to Amazon and found the same ear buds for considerably cheaper, so I thought I'd try them out. These are good quality earbuds, probably the best I've ever had. The seller shipped them promptly, and I'm glad that I ordered them.

5.0 out of 5 stars They sound good!, October 22, 2011
I bought a pair of Ink'd earbuds, and they broke almost immediately. So I wrapped them in some paper, put them in a normal envelope, and mailed them back to Skullcandy. It took a few weeks, but they ended up giving me a gift card for their site worth more than what I originally paid for them on Amazon. So I ended up getting an upgrade! In the meantime, I bought these to keep me in the music:

Tested them out with a range of music, mostly 320kbps MP3's but a few uncompressed FLAC albums thrown in (mainly the Zimmer Inception soundtrack), and they sound great! Pop, alt, hip-hop, chiptune. Sounds good.

I am not an "audiophile", but I liked these headphones well enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars 25$ vs 100$, October 14, 2011
First off, I ordered these and choose free shipping....it arrived 2 days later. I decide to open them up and test them out. My friends mostly have dr. dre beats in ear headphones, these sound no different. If your looking for good quality headphones for 25$ instead of 100+ order these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic while they last, January 30, 2011
Moi (Littleton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
These are the best earbuds I have ever used. They feel sturdy, and have a fantastic cloth cord. They look great, too. Very strong bass. I've tried plenty of other Skullcandy products. The ink'd buds sound decent, but feel flimsy. They break frequently. There was one REALLY cheap model that I found at Staples for $15, and they have lasted but sound awful. I've used Full Metal Jackets, and they look and sound great, they just don't feel great. I've used the Smokin' buds, and they sound decent but don't say in my ears. I've used Skullcrushers, but the bass there feels so artificial. Also they sorta suffocate your ears and the in-line amp pod is very ungainly. Titans are by far my favorite. However, they do have an issue lasting. The cord frays inside the insulation at stress points, causing an intermittent connection. I've had to install an aftermarket plug and make my own strain-relief to resurrect them. Also, the drivers tend to come apart sometimes, putting all strain on the two conductors that connect to the drivers rather than the enclosure as it was intended. Nothing a little superglue won't fix.

I would recommend these, just make sure you don't beat the tar out of them.