Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

25%
75%

on February 1, 2012
Many people bought these at Fry's Electronics only to be severly disappointed. Fry's was closing them out for $25 over Christmas 2011, early 2012. Some clarification is necessary. The Sky Invaders Metal Frame Series LS6020 sold at Fry's does not have an electronic gyro. So, they are inherently unstable and very difficult to fly. That's probably why Fry's was closing them out at $25 when the other helis with gyros were selling for 2X that amount.

This helicopter is made by San Huan (or SH) and is called the a Swift LS6020 or Swift X-Power. The Sky Invaders name is a re-brand. There is a newer model called the LS6020-1 which _does_ have an electronic gyro, and hence should fly correctly. I can't comment on that because I too bought the LS6020 from Fry's without realizing it didn't have a gyro, but many people on other review sites have more positive things to say of the LS6020-1. The description here on Amazon does not say, but I notice the model number here is LS6020B. The B might mean it has a gyro. But, without clarification from Amazon's description, I would not recommend buying this helicopter.

To find parts, Search for "Swift LS 6020 parts". I found several sources of replacement parts.

Rather than return it, I decided to fix the problem. I bought a circuit board from another helicopter (the Syma S107 circuit board works, though I used a board from a JXD 340, available on Amazon) and upgraded mine. Now it flys great, and I'm very happy with it. By upgrading the circuit board, you may have to buy a new LED controller and/or charger. I was able to use the original charger by swapping the polarity of the wires, and I already had a JXD 340 LED controller, which is why I chose the JXD 340 circuit board. Was it worth the effort to change the circuit board. No. But, it was a fun project to do with my son. Soldering was required of course, and I had to use double sided sticky tape to hold the new board. Patience and good soldering skills help a lot. Do it because it's a fun project. Otherwise....

My recommendation is go buy a Syma S107 (probably the most popular of these little helicopters) or JXD 340 Drift King (a 4 channel heli which is growing in popularity because it can drift left/right). Parts are far more common for the Syma and JXD, and quality is a little better.
on February 4, 2011
I have to agree that this heli was fun for about 5 minutes. the fly bar attachment broke on mine and there are no replacement parts available and i haven't been able to adapt anything to make it fly again. the motors are the same for the s107 but i can not get anything else out of this. FRY'S should be ashamed of themselves for selling this crap under the ruse that replacement parts would be available and then passing off the lack of same as saying they are only seasonal items.
on July 6, 2011
Bought from frys for 25 buck and out the box the tail rotor doesnt work but it still fly ok and had some control.going to take it back but watch them say i broke it..oh well lesson learned wished i would have read comments before i bought.just to correct myself the tail rotor only works if you go forward or backward so it did work
on June 23, 2011
Picked up this helicopter at Fry's as a 'buy as is' for five bucks. Cashier said the helicopter would not fly but they were selling it just for parts. Being that I have crashed my fair share of helicopters I figured five bucks for spare parts was not bad. Once I got it home I found that it did indeed work and flew, just not very well. The thing wants to fly straight into the ground most of the time and the gyroscope placement has it smacking into the main blades repeatedly. Had I not bought this for five bucks expecting it not to work I would have been quite disappointed.
on January 5, 2014
Extremely fragile. Unstable. Tried to fly it for less than 5 minutes. One of the gears (cylindrical, that drives the upper set of propeller-wings) came lose. Pushed it in and flew it again. In mid-flight, that gear dropped and the helicopter came down! The gear is so small - couldn't find it. I wouldn't recommend spending any money on this stuff.
on April 12, 2013
every star invader helicopter I have bought from Backwoodsports are all junk the best helicopter for your money in the syma s107 series they are awesome cheaper and better built and dependable then the Star invaders
on February 13, 2011
GOT THIS FOR A GIFT,MAYBE 10 MINUTES OF FLYING, 1 BRASS WEIGHT FLEW OFF, CAN'T FIND, COPTER WON'T FLY WITHOUT IT. TOO MUCH MONEY FOR 10 MINUTES OF FUN. CAN'T GET PARTS, A HUGE WASTE OF MONEY....DON'T BUY! THANKS AMAZON...
on December 30, 2011
Unstable flight, low flight battery per charge. Many other similar products are on the market that are by far superior.

This is an inferior product.