Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now Tikes

Showing 1-10 of 28 reviews(4 star).Show all reviews
on May 27, 2008
I have used the sky caddie at my home course, and on several away courses. It seems very accurate, based on yardage markers on the course, and gives instant easy to read distances. I have kept it clipped to my golf bag, walking or riding, and it is getting to be second nature to check it on a regular basis. One must load the proper courses on away trips, however, and beware of using an incorrect course name when playing at a resort with four different courses -- there is no time to get to a computer to download the correct course when you are teeing off on number one. The display is clear, the size is right, and I am happy with this purchase.
on July 30, 2008
When I received the SG5, I immediately charged it up and played the next day. The distances were very accurate...validated by my laser and the cart GPS. It certainly came in handy in places where the laser would not have, such as times with no direct line of site to the pin. I've now played about 6 times and have experienced no problems. I just learned before my last couple of outings of the ability to use it at most driving ranges! The distances to the flags were accurate and it made it easy to switch targets without having to laser the individual flags or check & pace off distances from the plaques at the range. The Onyx style looks great!
on May 19, 2008
Very pleased with the performance of this product. A great tool for a golfer wishing to reduce his/her score.

When compared to an on site GPS system, amazingly accurate.
on December 24, 2008
The first unit I purchased had a defective satelite receiver. I had to mail it back. SkyCaddie has a great website and the email response for problems is within one day. I sent the unit back to Amazon and SkyCaddie re-instated my membership on the new unit. The company is true to their word.
As for golfing, the device is priceless. No matter where you are on the course, you know yardage to targets and trouble. The "intelligreen" technology is great. You know the size of the green and as soon as you see the pin you can figure yardage to the pin location. No more guesswork on approaches. I played a course for the first time and had no hesitation is club selection. LOVE IT.
on November 14, 2013
I bought this to replace a broken SG4 that was ran over by a golf cart. This is so much better and very easy to use. Its functions are really all anybody really needs out on the course. It acquires a signal very quickly regardless whether it's foggy or there are a lot of trees or obstacles blocking the sky. The yardage it gives is pretty accurate and it also gives you intermediate targets/troubles to the green. You can download 20 courses at a time and it can keep score for you if you like. It uses the old USB plug for charging and downloading so I have all these leftover cables and chargers that I can use that would have otherwise been useless. Yippee! What I don't like is the battery life. The manual says it can last up to 4 rounds if you use the power saving backlight, but even set at 100% the screen is still pretty dim to me and hard to read. Not using the backlight would only last me two 2 rounds at the most if I'm lucky. If you want something simple and easy to use that gives you good yardage to the hole and keeps you out of trouble areas and maybe score for you and keep track of your putts or see how far you drove a ball, you don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on the latest GPS, this will do just fine.
on July 9, 2009
I bought the SG2 in the first months that it was available, almost four years ago. It worked very well then and I it still works great. I had to replace the battery ($30 at Batteries +), but that it true of any electronic device.

Yardages are accurate and fast - can't ask more than that. I used customer service to download the new software and they were great - I used the chat with a customer service tech feature and they got me on track very quickly.

I do agree with some that the expense is a bit much, but for me it is worth the dollars - it really will lower your scores. They have almost all courses mapped too.
on March 22, 2012
I have had an SG4 for a few years and was always frustrated with the charge/link connection the SG5 uses standard USB mini plug and can be charged in the car (on the way to the course when you forgot). The color screen may be a little harder to read in bright sunlight than the old amber screen on SG4 but is not really a problem. I like the speed with which the skycaddie products connect and display yardage. I think the subscription prices are a little high but probably worth it when compared to cellular based products.
on July 26, 2011
I already have one SG5 of my own, but I bought this one for my granddaughter who will play college golf this fall. I especially like the way this GPS "rolls" along with the yardage. That's much more convenient than the "spy glass" style that takes time to aim and line up. I also like the ball mark feature. It will help my granddaughter to measure the length of her shots, as she is getting used to a new set or irons.
on June 29, 2009
Using the SkyCaddie SG5 has lowered my golf scores from 5 to 7 strokes per round. It makes me more confident with my club selection and my swing. For the price it makes more difference than any club I have ever purchased. It may be me or my mental processes but it takes some getting used to and seems at time complicated. BUT IT WORKS!!!
on January 9, 2009
I read all the reviews before buying this product - I was hesitant because my golf enthusiast boyfriend is not a computer techie - I decided to get it anyway and the set up was very easy very intuitive process - although I did all the set up, he would have had no problems. He is very anxious to get it on the courses, he has seen it before but not had one of his own he did the demo and it seems very easy to use.