Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on December 12, 2008
The SG5 has worked at all of the golf courses I've used it at. I've had some issues with the yardage being off but most of the time it's pretty accurate. Battery life is pretty decent and will certainly last a round or two.

My issue has to do with price and the ability to customize. First off, price. A few hundred dollars for golf GPS software plus the yearly fee isn't exactly cheap. Second, what do you do if the green is off by 30 yards? It's happened several times. You can call up customer service and have them re-mark the course but what guarantee is there that it will happen? None apparently, as my local course is still marked incorrectly after several calls.

I ended up selling the device and downloaded golf GPS software for my BlackBerry. It might not look as pretty but it's free, there's no subscription fee, and if a hole is a bit off I can update yardage through the software in real time. In the end I traded $$$ & graphics for accuracy. Works for me.
on September 22, 2012
I purchased the SG5 some time ago and I have used it over 50 times. Initially, I was pleased with the product, but I found the buttons and selections not very intuitive and battery life rather poor. I don't use the product any longer, as it has gradually developed an annoying habit of turning itself off and dumping hole scores and position just about every other hole. In fact, it will only "run" for about 15 minutes before shutting off - full battery or not. I've heard similar complaints from other users. Although I should probably sent it in for repair, I live overseas and have heard a lot of negative comments about poor customer service. So, with plenty of really cheap alternatives (iPhone Apps), my Skycaddie has become a paperweight.

BP
on March 9, 2009
Just keep in mind you have to repay the membership fee every year or you SkyCaddie deactivates the courses you have downloaded. It just happened to me and I called SkyGolf to confirm. $50 per year for the multistate membership is kind of expensive.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2014
Don't ever break your belt clip. There are no local retail stores (golf or otherwise) to replace it, and to buy it from Sky Golf, a $9.95 item 1" x 2" costs $21.00 to ship.

Total poor customer service!!
on April 9, 2012
Still haven't used on a complete round. Didn't know you had to download courses before play and battery died the next time. So long story short, Work in Progress!!
on May 17, 2013
Lower rating due to no user manual included, had to go on line to figure out how to use. Would not recommend buying a referbished unit.
on January 7, 2010
I like the GPS, it works great. The only drawback is that it is pretty thick so that you really cant put it in your pocket and just pull it out when you are ready to hit. You have to either clip it on your belt (which impedes your swing) or leave it in the cart or with your caddy. If they could get the same technology onto a thin device, I think it would be much improved.
on December 15, 2009
i like the fact that u got me the product so quickly...faster than u stated....the product came well packed and secured...i haven't opened it yet because it is a christmas gift....but everything looks ship shape from here....tks again.....
0Comment0 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse