Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

on February 9, 2011
I am not sure about the other 2 reviewers here, The only problem I had with this sim was having the will power to turn it off and go to bed.

I bought two of these, one for me and one for my son. I saw the reviews here and still purchased based on my previous experience with FSM sim and Common Sense RC. I am glad I did.

Installation was a breeze on 2 different computers. One of the reasons I like this sim is the fact that it runs on my older machine. I had bought one of the $100 plus sims before but it still sits on my shelf because I need another $500 worth of computer upgrades.

Very realistic, and has taught us both the basics of heli hovering and forward flight. The physics and dynamics seem real.

I really like how many models of aircraft there are out there to add on for free with a simple download.

The radio controllers work great, my sticks center nice and feel similar to our real transmitters we use in the field.

Bottom line I love this sim, it has taught us both to fly and didn't break the bank.

I would rather spend $100 on more batteries, motors etc. than dish out that amount for a sim that does everything this one does for a fraction of the price.

BIG THUMBS UP!
on March 20, 2011
I'm using this controller on a Windows 7 OS. The software disc supplied did not run correctly. I am using the controller with Clear view RC flight sim and it is working outstandind. If you are looking for an inexpensive controller, then this is it. I expected the controller to be the same size as a real RC controller, it is slightly larger than an Xbox 360 controller. The functions are easy to set set up and I really like it.
on July 4, 2011
I needed a RC helicopter simulator for some training before take off with my RC helicopter. It did not want to spend too much as I have not invested very much in the helicopter either. This is really a side-hobby for me.
The simulator does not run on my Windows7 even after I followed the instructions on installing dll files etc. Only outcome was that it now can not be deinstalled, not even deleted.
However, it does run on my Windows XP laptop.
I am having fun using it, and it gives a good introduction to the basics of flying the real RC helicopter. Nevertheless, I have noticed there is a great difference between the real-world flight and the simulator. For perfect match one must probably buy the more expensive simulators.
I give 3 stars on durability because I find the control sticks rather fragile (They have not broken yet, but I am very careful with them). It is definitely not comparable to video game controllers.
on February 24, 2011
My whole family has had great time with this flight sim. Easy to install, easy to use, and realistic flight characteristics on all the planes and helis we've tried. And at this price, it's well worth the investment if it helps you avoid even one crash.
on February 1, 2011
I had no trouble installing the software and this controller on a Windows XP machine, and it has helped me to learn to fly an R/C heli.

The software that comes with the controller is freeware and can be downloaded without buying the controller. I deduct no points for this though, as the controller is worth the money by itself, if it worked as it should.

I wound up switching to HeliSim as it is a much better program for flying T-Rex 450 helis, but HeliSim is free.

The problem lies with the poor electronics of this controller. The sticks never truly center after being moved, which is no big deal for a trainer airplane, but for a helicopter, it only adds to the already very steep learning curve. It makes for a very frustrating experience.

If the sticks would center as they should, I would give this controller 5 stars, as it has enough channels to do everything from the controller, just like you would with a real heli or plane. The fact that they don't center makes this much less useful.

I went ahead and bought a used R/C transmitter that has a plug for simulators and that is a much better solution than this.
on January 21, 2011
Completely frustrated at the additional downloads required. These were missing files required as well. Sent it back and purchased a better model from another company.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse